Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That CM comment about the "rumors" is crazy! I would be trying not to fixate on it but would not be able to. I hope you get a soft opening!!!

Also, I thought TSMM was just closing one track for the entrance switch not the whole ride? Maybe I read that wrong somewhere

I can upgrade from a Garden/Woods View Room at the YC to a standard Club Level Room for around $40/night for our honeymoon at the end of April. I'm considering doing this, but was wondering.. do the standard club level rooms have terrible views? And are they extremely far away from the club level lounge area?

I'd do it for sure!!

I can upgrade from a Garden/Woods View Room at the YC to a standard Club Level Room for around $40/night for our honeymoon at the end of April. I'm considering doing this, but was wondering.. do the standard club level rooms have terrible views? And are they extremely far away from the club level lounge area?
I would take a crappy view over garden for a 40 cl upgrade. I really enjoy having the lounge. I do sit on balconies more when i have a nice view though.

I would absolutely take club level over view for such a low upgrade cost. We upgraded to YC standard view club for part of our April trip. I will post view pics - our dates are 4/11-4/15/18.

I would absolutely take club level over view for such a low upgrade cost. We upgraded to YC standard view club for part of our April trip. I will post view pics - our dates are 4/11-4/15/18.

I agree! Heck, a quick service breakfast alone for 2 adults would be at least $20 - 25. Add in snacks, desserts, appetizers & beverages & you can easily justify $40!

I'd do it for sure!!

I would take a crappy view over garden for a 40 cl upgrade. I really enjoy having the lounge. I do sit on balconies more when i have a nice view though.

I've stayed at the BC close to 20 times, but this will be our first time at YC. I've never even looked into the CL amenities.. aside from the lounge what else is available to CL guests? We will be on our honeymoon.. any chance of getting extra "pixie dust" as a CL guest vs. a normal guest?? Do you have a better chance of getting hard to get FP+'s using the concierge? And we will be on the dining plan, so I'm not sure how much use we will get out of the lounge..

I've stayed at the BC close to 20 times, but this will be our first time at YC. I've never even looked into the CL amenities.. aside from the lounge what else is available to CL guests?

Access to Disney Signature Services to make ADRs and FP+ reservations for you.

We will be on our honeymoon.. any chance of getting extra "pixie dust" as a CL guest vs. a normal guest??

No.

Do you have a better chance of getting hard to get FP+'s using the concierge?

No. They have the same access as the rest of us. Unless you pay the extra $50 per night to get access to FP+ reservations at 90 days.

Last edited:

I've stayed at the BC close to 20 times, but this will be our first time at YC. I've never even looked into the CL amenities.. aside from the lounge what else is available to CL guests? We will be on our honeymoon.. any chance of getting extra "pixie dust" as a CL guest vs. a normal guest?? Do you have a better chance of getting hard to get FP+'s using the concierge? And we will be on the dining plan, so I'm not sure how much use we will get out of the lounge..

I would not do club level if you aren't interested in the food. That is the main draw for most. It's also nice if you have a late flight. Our flight leaves at 9:00 pm so we are going to hang out in the lounge after a morning at the park until we get on ME. Definitely wear a "just married" button everywhere!

I say go for it!
1. We don't think so, but I suppose it depends what you want/expect for a room view.
At many non-WDW hotels, the 'best' view offered is often that of a landscaped parking lot, right? That's about as 'bad' as the WDW views ever get, IMO: a landscaped parking lot.
At the Yacht Club, most Standard view rooms face towards the Convention Center. So some of the rooms on that side of the hallway does look out towards the parking lot, but mostly our view was of trees.

Also, if any rooms on the other side of the hall are empty, there's a chance you'll be offered a free upgrade, as the $ difference between ST view and pool view is pretty small.

2. View and location are two different things. Some CL rooms are close to the lounge and some are a bit of a walk, but the room that is closest to the YC lounge is ST view. It is right next to the lounge.

Almost all of the rest of the ST view rooms continue down that hall, and beyond a bend in the hall. Most of the pool view rooms are simply on the opposite side of that hallway- as they face towards the pool/Epcot. A handful of ST view rooms are on a shorter hall and kind of face towards another section of the YC (with a view of the Dolphin that is obstructed by the back corner of the YC.)

If you search "Map of Disney Yacht Club" images, you can easily find a map of YC rooms, that actually show rooms. (map is black and white)

If you find a general (color) YC map, the CL rooms are near the main elevators. The lounge is very close to the elevators, above the YC front entrance, where ME drops off guests. The CL rooms extend from there, with most on the wing that is above the Ale and Compass Lounge (marked as "C" on the resort maps I'm seeing).

3. If you ONLY eat breakfast in the lounge, even with just three people, it will be easy to eat $40 worth of breakfast (at least as compared to food court prices). Add a few beverages, and you'll come out ahead.

Last edited:

Totally agree! Besides my regular "garden" view was if I looked to the right and below, was some back of the building littlegardenish area, and all else was maintenance trucks. Garden is not necessarily anything spectacular and besides I only sat out there when reading the morning paper. Heck, a couple of glasses of wine or beer and your halfway there, throw in all the other food and there really is no debate. When we do CL, we don't do the DDP, just scatter meals around as needed/snack, or make ADR only for where we want to really try.

1. aside from the lounge what else is available to CL guests?
2. We will be on our honeymoon.. any chance of getting extra "pixie dust" as a CL guest vs. a normal guest??
3. Do you have a better chance of getting hard to get FP+'s using the concierge?
4.And we will be on the dining plan, so I'm not sure how much use we will get out of the lounge..
1. You do get a little extra service, but not earth-shattering. Anytime you have questions, dedicated CL staff is there to help. In practice, it just saves time over having to go to the lobby/wait in line. But, IME, that can sometimes be a big help. Like if you are running late, they can quickly tell you your best options. other trips, we don't really benefit because we don't have nay questions.
2. Yes, but no guarantees. Most of the CL staff is nice. Some deliver professional service, but some try to go a little above and beyond. If you choose CL+wedding...I'd say your odds of an additional upgrade might be higher, but again...I wouldn't count on it.
3. With the new service, yes. Otherwise, not really. If you tell them about ADR's requests more than 190 days out, they are good with those. Less then 180 days= same as doing yourself.
4. We've done CL+DDP a few times. In one sense, it can easily be too much food. On the other, it depends how you use the CL and the DDP. In the morning, the CL lounge is much faster than any other TS or QS dining option. You walk in, pick your food- as much or little as you want of each- on REAL dishes- and you don't have to wait in any lines! You also get fresh fruit, which is a big plus, IMO.

Of all the lounges, the YC doesn't' have any kind of special view. (By contrast, the Poly lounge is popular and $$$ because it has a nice view of the MK fireworks. You get to watch them in comfort while finishing your desserts and cordials.) but the YC doesn't have that kind of view.

5. When we have both DDP and CL, we tend to go to at least one signature meal. Last time we had both, we ended up with a couple extra QS credits, but we were able to use them to buy take-home snacks. Each QS dining credit= 3 snacks. It isn't the most valuable use of a QS credit, but the take home treats were kind of nice. We also used a few of our snack credits for take home treats, but then I ALWAYS like to bring home a few packaged WDW treats!

If we don't have DDP, then my rough estimate is that CL = about half our food.

Also keep in mind, DDP works property-wide. The CL lounge is only at your resort. If your touring style is commando 15 hour days, then CL might not be great. CL is best if you want to relax a little every afternoon at your hotel.

1. You do get a little extra service, but not earth-shattering. Anytime you have questions, dedicated CL staff is there to help. In practice, it just saves time over having to go to the lobby/wait in line. But, IME, that can sometimes be a big help. Like if you are running late, they can quickly tell you your best options. other trips, we don't really benefit because we don't have nay questions.
2. Yes, but no guarantees. Most of the CL staff is nice. Some deliver professional service, but some try to go a little above and beyond. If you choose CL+wedding...I'd say your odds of an additional upgrade might be higher, but again...I wouldn't count on it.
3. With the new service, yes. Otherwise, not really. If you tell them about ADR's requests more than 190 days out, they are good with those. Less then 180 days= same as doing yourself.
4. We've done CL+DDP a few times. In one sense, it can easily be too much food. On the other, it depends how you use the CL and the DDP. In the morning, the CL lounge is much faster than any other TS or QS dining option. You walk in, pick your food- as much or little as you want of each- on REAL dishes- and you don't have to wait in any lines! You also get fresh fruit, which is a big plus, IMO.

Of all the lounges, the YC doesn't' have any kind of special view. (By contrast, the Poly lounge is popular and $$$ because it has a nice view of the MK fireworks. You get to watch them in comfort while finishing your desserts and cordials.) but the YC doesn't have that kind of view.

5. When we have both DDP and CL, we tend to go to at least one signature meal. Last time we had both, we ended up with a couple extra QS credits, but we were able to use them to buy take-home snacks. Each QS dining credit= 3 snacks. It isn't the most valuable use of a QS credit, but the take home treats were kind of nice. We also used a few of our snack credits for take home treats, but then I ALWAYS like to bring home a few packaged WDW treats!

If we don't have DDP, then my rough estimate is that CL = about half our food.

Also keep in mind, DDP works property-wide. The CL lounge is only at your resort. If your touring style is commando 15 hour days, then CL might not be great. CL is best if you want to relax a little every afternoon at your hotel.

Thanks for all the info! I went ahead and put the deposit down on the CL room and I'm going to talk to my fiancé about it tonight. My touring style is usually to do a pre-park opening breakfast, light lunch, break at the hotel during the afternoon and then a late signature dinner (if we are on the Deluxe Dining Plan). I guess we could get some use out of the lounge during the afternoon. Now that we have all of our ADRs we won't need help with that, but will Signature Services make my FP+ reservations at 60 days out? This sounds dumb, but do they actually make them at 7 AM and try to get the hard to get FP's first (i.e FoP)? Or should I just make the FP's myself?

Thanks for all the info! I went ahead and put the deposit down on the CL room and I'm going to talk to my fiancé about it tonight. My touring style is usually to do a pre-park opening breakfast, light lunch, break at the hotel during the afternoon and then a late signature dinner (if we are on the Deluxe Dining Plan). I guess we could get some use out of the lounge during the afternoon. Now that we have all of our ADRs we won't need help with that, but will Signature Services make my FP+ reservations at 60 days out? This sounds dumb, but do they actually make them at 7 AM and try to get the hard to get FP's first (i.e FoP)? Or should I just make the FP's myself?
They don't make fp until they arrive, which is 9. I would do them yourselves. The lounge has beer and wine. Couple glasses a day and there is your 40 lol. We were in BC in sept celebrating our 15th anniversary. We didn't even get a happy anniversary, forget about a pin. We were unimpressed with the service at BC so keep that in mind. Much better service at the poly and other trips. I think we just had cranky cms.

And wr still did at least 1 sitdown a day. Other then 2 character breakfasts, we did breakfast in the lounge daily.

They don't make fp until they arrive, which is 9. I would do them yourselves. The lounge has beer and wine. Couple glasses a day and there is your 40 lol. We were in BC in sept celebrating our 15th anniversary. We didn't even get a happy anniversary, forget about a pin. We were unimpressed with the service at BC so keep that in mind. Much better service at the poly and other trips. I think we just had cranky cms.

We were celebrating our engagement on our last trip to the BC in May. I called to add the celebration to our reservation so that we would get buttons when we checked in and the CM didn't even acknowledge the celebration :sad1:

I would absolutely take club level over view for such a low upgrade cost.

I agree! Heck, a quick service breakfast alone for 2 adults would be at least $20 - 25. Add in snacks, desserts, appetizers & beverages & you can easily justify $40!

I agree with all of the above :thumbsup2.

And we will be on the dining plan, so I'm not sure how much use we will get out of the lounge..

We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's more for the lounge than the food. The food is a nice perk, but we love having the lounge for another place to sit and relax other than in our room or around the resort :).

We were celebrating our engagement on our last trip to the BC in May. I called to add the celebration to our reservation so that we would get buttons when we checked in and the CM didn't even acknowledge the celebration :sad1:
Us either but anniversary. It was noted on our reservation too. BC cl service totally underwhelmed me..

No, you have to book different attractions.
If this is true, I'm having a hard time seeing any value in the paid additional FPs (besides the prestige factor, of course). Everyone's touring style is different. For our family, the one thing that made this attractive (besides getting to show off how fabulously wealthy we are) was the ability to get an extra FP for FOP, TT, TSM and 7DMT. I understood you couldn't use the 3 paid FPs all on the same ride (but man, if you could!). But I thought you'd at least be able to use the paid FPs to get extra rides on things you already had FPs for.

If you can't overlap time, and you can't get a paid FP for the same ride you have a regular FP for, then what is the value of this? I'm not asking in a moral sense or an ethical one, and I'm not questioning why someone else would do this (we all know people who stay club level are rich, snobby jerks, with more money than sense). I can't see needing to pay for the extra FPs in any park if you can't overlap or double up your regular FPs. So I figure I'm missing something.

What am I missing?

(In case it's not 100% obvious; my editorializing is a tongue-in-cheek response to what I perceived to be a LUDICROUS commentary on people who stay club level).

Last edited:
The standard rooms look out over the front of the resort-- the drive entering the hotel, parking lot in the distance & porte cochere. There are also a very few rooms with pretty bad views of a loading/ dumpster area. As for distance, standard & water view rooms are across the hall from each other. Some are close to the lounge, some far down the hall. You can request close to lounge for both room types.

I have a standard CL room booked for May. Would the rooms with loading/dumpster view be close to the lounge or far down the hall? I want to request the option where I have the least chance of a dumpster view! ;) Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!