Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

• /HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experiance area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area

Thank you for all the info! I was worried the HEA viewing might be in our favorite spot. Now I will really have to think hard about doing this!!

I just upgraded to club level at the AKL, savannah view. My sister-in-law and I will be there from 1/17-1/22. I am really excited the 20th is both of our birthdays. I am not going to tell her I upgraded I will wait to surprise her once we get there. I know that the club level rooms are on the 4th floor, hopefully it won't be too inconvenient. We will take advantage of the breakfast offerings since we only have one breakfast booked, and I am looking forward to the evening snacks.

I just upgraded to club level at the AKL, savannah view. My sister-in-law and I will be there from 1/17-1/22. I am really excited the 20th is both of our birthdays. I am not going to tell her I upgraded I will wait to surprise her once we get there. I know that the club level rooms are on the 4th floor, hopefully it won't be too inconvenient. We will take advantage of the breakfast offerings since we only have one breakfast booked, and I am looking forward to the evening snacks.
What a lovely surprise! Wishing you both a wonderful vacation! :flower:

Some folks have covered many of these points above as well, but here's what I learned. Going to re-state some of the obvious stuff as well in case helpful.
  • $50 plus tax (ETA, sounds like tax is included now), per person, per day - 3 day minimum
  • Only available 3/13/2018 and beyond (so I couldn't book this for my late Feb trip)
  • It is bookable at the 90 day mark and must be done via DSS (eg, similar to how you would communicate with them now for dining reservations or FPs)
  • You cannot make the extra FPs via MDE
  • The extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
  • The extra FP times can't overlap with other FPs
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • You can't book it before the 90 day mark (although you can submit what you want to DSS before the 90 day mark and they'll book it for you on your 90 day when they get in that day)
  • You select the extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking (although can be modified via DSS later)
  • Your regular three FPs are still bookable at the normal 60 day mark - no change there
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive (I think)
  • Reserved viewing locations:
    • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
    • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
    • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experiance area
    • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
  • There is a 1 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
I will caveat that this is very new and they stressed it is a trial. Information and details are not really tested, and with something with so many nuanced I suspect details may be fluid as we go along.

Let me know if you have any questions or if anything isn't clear. Hope it helps!
Wow! Thanks for all the detail @GADisneyDad14!! Great job, this is very helpful.

I have a question about the new FP+ that you can purchase. I see that it states you must do 3 days minimum but do they have to be consecutive days?

That’s just around the corner - enjoy! I surprised my DD and DGM with the same thing last March. I requested a room close to the lobby and we were the first room off the lobby in the Zebra Trail wing, 4407. We loved our view and had just a short walk to the elevator that goes right up to the lounge. It was really convenient for bringing drinks and snacks back to the room for my DD and DGM. I loved the food in the lounge, too, and wish I had been there a full week to get to try the whole rotation! I’m sure it’s changed a bit since then but, if you’re interested in taking a look at the menu from my trip, I posted pics here.

Just booked my first Club Level stay ever. Starting off at the Poly (Non Club) on May 17th- May 22nd and then moving over to Yacht Club CL on May 22nd-May 27th. Very interested in the new FP offer if still available then. My son is autistic and even with a DAS anything that can cut down on him waiting is worth it to us. Thanks to everyone who called and is sharing info about this new offering!

FYI I just started a thread in the Theme Park/Strategies section to discuss how best to use the extra FP. Felt bad that all these FP questions were clogging up the CL thread, not that it was bad but might be time to transition into discussing how best to use them. Hoping to hear good ideas, hopefully it does not get harsh because looking at the other threads discussing this new system there are quite a few people who are not fans of CL guests, lol.

FYI I just started a thread in the Theme Park/Strategies section to discuss how best to use the extra FP. Felt bad that all these FP questions were clogging up the CL thread, not that it was bad but might be time to transition into discussing how best to use them. Hoping to hear good ideas, hopefully it does not get harsh because looking at the other threads discussing this new system there are quite a few people who are not fans of CL guests, lol.
Discussion is pretty calm here. I think it is going to be a lot more contentious on the general boards.

I also don't think it's clogging up the thread any more than questions like "will someone meet me at arrival", "can i get alcohol at breakfast", "what is the best location" etc etc etc. It's just another part of the CL experience.

What a great surprise! Happy birthday to you both! Have a great trip :cake: :wizard:.

DISNEY MATH at its best!

:thumbsup2 ::yes::

Just booked my first Club Level stay ever. Starting off at the Poly (Non Club) on May 17th- May 22nd and then moving over to Yacht Club CL on May 22nd-May 27th. Very interested in the new FP offer if still available then. My son is autistic and even with a DAS anything that can cut down on him waiting is worth it to us. Thanks to everyone who called and is sharing info about this new offering!

What a great split, the best of both worlds! Enjoy the planning :).

I hope you packed your flame suit

I didn't think I'd be interested when I first read about it, especially with a family of 5....but with the viewing spots...that would be so helpful for a family member sensitive to standing crowd, especially when it' darker out. I have the Illumintaions cruise booked for Epcot day but man the deal albeit pricey is intriguing. Will see if it is still available when we get to our 90 day window for our late June trip and if I'm willing part with the 3 day price...

Good Idea.

I think all of the CLs at this point have the “texting service.” It’s pretty easy, you just send a text with what you want/need and they respond.

The texts go to the CL CMs at your resort, not DSS.

In my experience, response times are in the 5-20 minute range.

They can book/cancel/modify ADRs and the same with FPs. This service used to be really helpful when making 4+ FPs, but it’s not really all that helpful now since you can so easily make additional FPs on the app.

I have used the texting service mainly to modify or cancel ADRs, especially last minute ones where I otherwise might have to call Disney Dining (which stinks to do out and about in the parks). I have also used it to request late check-out.

In my experiance, CL CMs are 50/50 on actually explaining the texting service is available.

You ‘should’ get a CL welcome sheet that will look something like the below (this is Poly CL, FYI)... the texting info and number is on the bottom (very easy to miss unless you are looking).

Hope that helps!

View attachment 293369
When we were at Tower Club a couple months ago we did not have the texting option explained to us, but the number was on the welcome postcard in the room. A couple days later we were at Epcot and running late for a lunch ADR and tried to send a text to that number for a little help to make sure that we didn't lose our reservation by being late. The response to my detailed explanation of our predicament was something like: Yes, we will have your room cleaned before you return. So I am wondering if it gets filtered through an automated response system first. Don't get me wrong, I love CL but was expecting a little bit more in response to my text. Fortunately everything worked out fine at our lunch and I will take a couple minutes on our next trip to talk to the CL CM about texting.

I hope you packed your flame suit
Lol, for some reason they did not like me asking when was the best time to use the extra fast pass on FOP, before or after my Mimosa from the lounge, and whether the CM's at CL will watch my St. Bernards while I use the extra FP. JUST KIDDING!

The moderator did take pity on a CL guest venturing out of the safe confines of the CL thread and merged my thread with another thread. So I think I am protected. Still waiting for someone to tell me when the best time to use the extra FP on the Swiss Family treehouse.

Lol, for some reason they did not like me asking when was the best time to use the extra fast pass on FOP, before or after my Mimosa from the lounge, and whether the CM's at CL will watch my St. Bernards while I use the extra FP. JUST KIDDING!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!