Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Checked in to BC cl yesterday. No turn down or chocolates. Missing Poly club. It's fine here just getting used to it. Leaving MK last night we had to take a Minnie van. The bus line was out of control, prob 3 busses deep.

Yeah, it's amazing how different they are, right? I haven't followed the Minnie Van stuff closely... is it still only for BC/YC/BWI guests?

Just back from a fantastic stay at the Contemporary Atrium Club Level standard view (view of Bay Lake). If anyone has questions just let me know!

Yay! That's my next stop. I might stay at Poly CL a lot, but CR CL is my secret true love (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Question, what kind of beer do they have out these days?

Glad you had a great trip and thanks for checking in!

I have stayed at wl, akl , CR, poly, gf(both) bc, and bwi will be this winter.

I rank lounges
1. Poly
2. Gf rpc
3 CR atrium
4 wl ( although haven't done new one yet)

Food
1. Gf/ both
2. Akl ( this Jan they had a lot of new things!)
3. Bc
4. Wl

2. Poly
3. Gf
4 wl
I'm not a boardwalk person . We live at MK.

Cl cms
1. Cr
2. Wl
3 gf sl
Non other stood out but I can't wait to try bwi!

Location of lounge to rooms
1. CR -LOVE ALL ON ONE FLOOR.
2. Rpc
3. Wl
4 gf sl and poly tie because all in a separate building which are small and easy to manage
Akl, bc, yc can have some distances

PRICE
1. Wl
2. Akl
3 poly gv
4. All boardwalk std/gv

Bathroom style
1. Sink exterior for family use gf, Wl, bc, yc, akl, and bwi
2. CR the commode is at least separate,
3 poly, ugh all in one room / not convenient

Balcony
1 CR both TPV and bay lake all have a balcony on 12th floor
2. Akl all have savanaah views
3. Gf rpc std have balcony with decent view
4. Yc/bwi have balances
5 gf sl all have balconies but some are smaller enclosed ones ( upper floors)
6 wl all have but all enclosed
7 poly 2nd floor does not
8 bc resort not all have balcony? / can't remember if cl rooms do? Sorry can't remember

Decor
1 poly gf bc
2 akl wl
3 CR
4 bwi
5yc

Transportation
1. Poly (walking to ttc is easier for Epcot days, also small resort so all close.
2. CR walk to MK is so nice
3. All boardwalk easy for HS/Epcot
4 gf
5 wl at least a quick boat to MK or bus
6 akl not " close" to any really

Uniqueness/ resort specific
1 poly punch/wine
2 poly , gf, akl / pog juice or jungle same
3 seabreeze at bc/yc and taffy at bc
4 wl had cobbler

I may have forgotten some categories but lol that was fun.

Oh I could do welcome gifts but this year too many changes. CR used to be best with that chocolate BOX but that's gone, rats.

Mic drop post. :rotfl:

IMG_0517.GIF

I have stayed at wl, akl , CR, poly, gf(both) bc, and bwi will be this winter.

I rank lounges
1. Poly
2. Gf rpc
3 CR atrium
4 wl ( although haven't done new one yet)

Food
1. Gf/ both
2. Akl ( this Jan they had a lot of new things!)
3. Bc
4. Wl

2. Poly
3. Gf
4 wl
I'm not a boardwalk person . We live at MK.

Cl cms
1. Cr
2. Wl
3 gf sl
Non other stood out but I can't wait to try bwi!

Location of lounge to rooms
1. CR -LOVE ALL ON ONE FLOOR.
2. Rpc
3. Wl
4 gf sl and poly tie because all in a separate building which are small and easy to manage
Akl, bc, yc can have some distances

PRICE
1. Wl
2. Akl
3 poly gv
4. All boardwalk std/gv

Bathroom style
1. Sink exterior for family use gf, Wl, bc, yc, akl, and bwi
2. CR the commode is at least separate,
3 poly, ugh all in one room / not convenient

Balcony
1 CR both TPV and bay lake all have a balcony on 12th floor
2. Akl all have savanaah views
3. Gf rpc std have balcony with decent view
4. Yc/bwi have balances
5 gf sl all have balconies but some are smaller enclosed ones ( upper floors)
6 wl all have but all enclosed
7 poly 2nd floor does not
8 bc resort not all have balcony? / can't remember if cl rooms do? Sorry can't remember

Decor
1 poly gf bc
2 akl wl
3 CR
4 bwi
5yc

Transportation
1. Poly (walking to ttc is easier for Epcot days, also small resort so all close.
2. CR walk to MK is so nice
3. All boardwalk easy for HS/Epcot
4 gf
5 wl at least a quick boat to MK or bus
6 akl not " close" to any really

Uniqueness/ resort specific
1 poly punch/wine
2 poly , gf, akl / pog juice or jungle same
3 seabreeze at bc/yc and taffy at bc
4 wl had cobbler

I may have forgotten some categories but lol that was fun.

Oh I could do welcome gifts but this year too many changes. CR used to be best with that chocolate BOX but that's gone, rats.

No kidding...I think I'm going to bookmark this post for future reference!

Hi! I'm staying club level for the first time ever in a few weeks, at Yacht Club! I'm not sure if my question would be better asked here, or on the YC/BC thread. Are the CL rooms at YC very spread out, or on different floors? I'm planning to contact DSS to let them know we're celebrating 2 Sweet Sixteens on our trip, and I was also going to make a room request for closer to lounge/ lobby if the CL rooms are really spread far. If they're not, I won't bother. Thanks!

So, when we were picking our CL resort for next summer, we decided that the location of the resort and the ambiance of the CL would win out over the food offerings. We chose Poly CL, even though we aren't huge fans of Asian style or tropical cuisine...you'll never catch me sticking a warm pineapple slice on top of anything! Anyway, we just love the location and overall vibe of the Poly too much to NOT stay there again. And that view from the Poly CL: :cloud9:

I have to say though...the BWI food pictures really tempted me. In our family, we are all fans of traditional American / New England fare...can you say bacon wrapped scallops?!?

Have any of you ever avoided a particular CL because the food offerings didn't appeal to you? For us, that would be AKL. I love the resort, but the African / Indian food just doesn't appeal to me enough.

It made me wonder...for all of you that have stayed at many of Disney's CLs...what would you do to create your "perfect" CL? If you could take the food from one CL and magically transport it to to the physical location of another CL, what would you do?

I think it would be so awesome to have the BWI food at the Poly location. Yes...I know the themes wouldn't match, but I'd sure like it!

At our point in life (admittedly highly influeced by the age of our kids) we make our decisions based on resort first, location second, transportation third (or maybe some combo of that order), the CL part comes in fourth or fifth. I'm pretty easy to please in the food department as long as it's edible, relatively fresh, and not chocked full of fried junk.

Funny enough, I don't find the Poly CL food all that 'Polynesian' at all!

But to answer your question....I would take the physical location of Poly CL or CR CL (Atrium or Tower) mixed with food and beverage from WL CL. That combo would get my business every time. (Note, most of my experiences are with the MK resorts, I have limited experience with the Epcot resorts and AKL, so that likely has influeced my response).

Fun question!

IMG_0599.PNG
Hi! I'm staying club level for the first time ever in a few weeks, at Yacht Club! I'm not sure if my question would be better asked here, or on the YC/BC thread. Are the CL rooms at YC very spread out, or on different floors? I'm planning to contact DSS to let them know we're celebrating 2 Sweet Sixteens on our trip, and I was also going to make a room request for closer to lounge/ lobby if the CL rooms are really spread far. If they're not, I won't bother. Thanks!
I use touring plans room finder. You can chooose cl rooms and it shows you where they are. They are on 5th floor and looks like a small floor so easy to navigate.

Last edited:

lol I got carried away but I did have a nice stay at bc cl . I hear lots of good things of bwi cl. I have stayed at Yc std and I loved the resort. I am looking for ward to trying that one 2.

Lots like boardwalk area, lots like MK area. I did enjoy all that I have tried and would go back to each again.

I have to say whatever resort I am visiting next will always be my favorite, that is until the next trip.:rolleyes: :laughing:

It made me wonder...for all of you that have stayed at many of Disney's CLs...what would you do to create your "perfect" CL? If you could take the food from one CL and magically transport it to to the physical location of another CL, what would you do?
Poly lounge, vibe, and view, walkable to Epcot with animals and restaurants from AKL. Toss in the room size/decor from CR.

Yeah, it's amazing how different they are, right? I haven't followed the Minnie Van stuff closely... is it still only for BC/YC/BWI guests?

After another day I still miss Poly. We did walk home from Star Wars fireworks which was nice. The lounge offerings were nice tonight. I don't feel the level of warmth here. We have it noted we are celebrating our 15th anniversary and no mention of it. Just different then the poly.
The minnie vans are only accessible from the epcot resorts for pick ups in terms of hotels. At MK you can get one and it will take you to any resort. I don't know about the other parks or Disney springs. I didn't see any leaving HS tonight though. I'll report back as I learn more.

It made me wonder...for all of you that have stayed at many of Disney's CLs...what would you do to create your "perfect" CL?

My perfect CL would require some destruction and construction (lol). I'd flip-flop GF and Poly, and put RPC right where the Poly CL (Hawaii) is. I'd alter the RPC lounge to have a large "window" wall just like the Poly lounge has. Then I'd combine the food - RPC food for breakfast, the new Poly afternoon offerings, then the tea time RPC or AKL snacks, and then the RPC or BWI apps. I'd have the laid-back alcohol service like at Poly (beer and Angry Orchard in fridge all day is nice).

In all fairness, I only stayed at BWI CL for 3 nights and AKL CL for 2 nights (all within the last year, though). And my stay at WL CL was pre-renovation. So I really couldn't have fair assessments of those 3 CL's.

We are loving the Minivan service. On Monday they added the WL. So it is eligible for 4 hotels. We used it 4 times already. Mostly leaving the MK to go to the BWI. A dream. We also used it to go to MK on the morning we were doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour at 8am. The other night we left HS late and the line for the boat was so long it would have taken us 3 boats to get on and there were NO boats. We called a Minivan and was back in a few minutes in air conditioning. We know we could have walked but we were hot and exhausted. It was a dream. We never had to wait 4 minutes but I am sure that will change once it expands to all hotels.

One time we stayed at the YC - we were so far we got lost going to the lounge. Also another time we were put on another floor because they were overbooked. They did give us a credit but we still asked to be moved.

My perfect CL would require some destruction and construction (lol). I'd flip-flop GF and Poly, and put RPC right where the Poly CL (Hawaii) is. I'd alter the RPC lounge to have a large "window" wall just like the Poly lounge has. Then I'd combine the food - RPC food for breakfast, the new Poly afternoon offerings, then the tea time RPC or AKL snacks, and then the RPC or BWI apps. I'd have the laid-back alcohol service like at Poly (beer and Angry Orchard in fridge all day is nice).

In all fairness, I only stayed at BWI CL for 3 nights and AKL CL for 2 nights (all within the last year, though). And my stay at WL CL was pre-renovation. So I really couldn't have fair assessments of those 3 CL's.
I'd stay there:cloud9:

Just returned from a fabulous 11 night stay at SL. We've stayed here several times but this visit was superb mainly due to the excellent CMs. We originally thought that we may be disappointed as our only room request was 'no dormer' and guess what we got?! We were allocated a dormer on the end of the third floor overlooking the marina and absolutely loved the room.

The food was fabulous and there seemed to be a lot of new offerings from our previous visits. We particularly liked the belly pork in the evening and the addition of the chef certainly added to the variety of foods. The waffles at breakfast were great. The lounge did get very crowded at 5pm and it was difficult to get a table but we found that the crowds dispersed after about 30 minutes. We'll certainly be returning next summer.

We had a reservation for the Dolphin for Christmas but have now booked our first five nights at the WL in CL. We've stayed at the lodge but only in a standard room so are really excited about this. I'm tempted to book the YC for our last five nights but at the moment can't justify paying rack rate.

Just returned from a fabulous 11 night stay at SL. We've stayed here several times but this visit was superb mainly due to the excellent CMs. We originally thought that we may be disappointed as our only room request was 'no dormer' and guess what we got?! We were allocated a dormer on the end of the third floor overlooking the marina and absolutely loved the room.

The food was fabulous and there seemed to be a lot of new offerings from our previous visits. We particularly liked the belly pork in the evening and the addition of the chef certainly added to the variety of foods. The waffles at breakfast were great. The lounge did get very crowded at 5pm and it was difficult to get a table but we found that the crowds dispersed after about 30 minutes. We'll certainly be returning next summer.

We had a reservation for the Dolphin for Christmas but have now booked our first five nights at the WL in CL. We've stayed at the lodge but only in a standard room so are really excited about this. I'm tempted to book the YC for our last five nights but at the moment can't justify paying rack rate.
I got a dormer once too and found the view up there was so nice I didn't mind.

Wl cms were really nice too and at Christmas it's a fun resort.

Keep looking for discounts! Ya never know what will pop up as dates get closer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thinking of a change from my planned 2018 holiday trip (was considering CR TPV CL, Poly CL, GF RPC, GF SL, WL Deluxe CL), and going for a WL CL Standard Room! I've heard on this board that the WL Deluxe rooms are odd in layout (I think this was from @GADisneyDad14 ), far from the lounge, and not that functional. Therefore, I think I'd like to save some $$ and go for the Standard CL Rooms! I'm counting on grabbing a Bounceback offer for it during our late Nov/ early Dec GF SL CL stay this year (fingers crossed!!!!). I know WL will be amazing during the holiday season, and I think the club lounge looks beautiful! I've read that the CMs are great here, too, and the two QS restaurants look awesome! I also really like that everything is housed in one building, and the price is pretty attractive, too!
Concerns:
-Being so far out (vs. the monorail resorts)
-Will we be able to get to the parks PRE- rope drop with WL transportation? I think this will be our preferred style/ strategy, and I read their buses don't run that early, unless you have a PPO ADR?
-Any suggestions for a room request to luck out with an obstructed fireworks view? This would be major, with little ones going to bed early!
THANK YOU soooo much! :flower1:

But to answer your question....I would take the physical location of Poly CL or CR CL (Atrium or Tower) mixed with food and beverage from WL CL. That combo would get my business every time. (Note, most of my experiences are with the MK resorts, I have limited experience with the Epcot resorts and AKL, so that likely has influeced my response).

Age of kids is definitely a factor. Once mine got older, they started preferring SAB at BC and after they got 'too old' for swimming, they liked the boardwalk atmosphere and proximity to WS for eating and drinking. They have never wanted to stay at AKL (too far!) They are still happy with whatever I book though...

Trisha answered your question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy YC CL :wizard:.

I would take the physical location of Poly CL or CR CL (Atrium or Tower) mixed with food and beverage from WL CL.

That would be a great combo! :thumbsup2

After another day I still miss Poly. We did walk home from Star Wars fireworks which was nice. The lounge offerings were nice tonight. I don't feel the level of warmth here. We have it noted we are celebrating our 15th anniversary and no mention of it. Just different then the poly.

I'm sorry you're missing the Poly, but I hope you're having a nice time overall :).

Glad you had a great time! Congrats on booking WL CL for Christmas. WL CL is amazing, hope you enjoy it as much as your other CL stays :goodvibes.

Wl cms were really nice too and at Christmas it's a fun resort.

::yes::

Thinking of a change from my planned 2018 holiday trip (was considering CR TPV CL, Poly CL, GF RPC, GF SL, WL Deluxe CL), and going for a WL CL Standard Room! I've heard on this board that the WL Deluxe rooms are odd in layout (I think this was from @GADisneyDad14 ), far from the lounge, and not that functional. Therefore, I think I'd like to save some $$ and go for the Standard CL Rooms! I'm counting on grabbing a Bounceback offer for it during our late Nov/ early Dec GF SL CL stay this year (fingers crossed!!!!). I know WL will be amazing during the holiday season, and I think the club lounge looks beautiful! I've read that the CMs are great here, too, and the two QS restaurants look awesome! I also really like that everything is housed in one building, and the price is pretty attractive, too!
Concerns:
-Being so far out (vs. the monorail resorts)
-Will we be able to get to the parks PRE- rope drop with WL transportation? I think this will be our preferred style/ strategy, and I read their buses don't run that early, unless you have a PPO ADR?
-Any suggestions for a room request to luck out with an obstructed fireworks view? This would be major, with little ones going to bed early!
THANK YOU soooo much! :flower1:

If it would save money, I think going with a standard CL room is a great idea! We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but find the standard rooms very nice. As far as transportation, we never do rope drop so I can't comment on early park transportation, but we've never had any trouble with the buses or boat any other times of the day. Good luck deciding, enjoy the planning :wizard:.

[QUOTE="mickeynut1, post: 58068781, member: 146406"If it would save money, I think going with a standard CL room is a great idea! We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but find the standard rooms very nice. As far as transportation, we never do rope drop so I can't comment on early park transportation, but we've never had any trouble with the buses or boat any other times of the day. Good luck deciding, enjoy the planning :wizard:.[/QUOTE]
@mickeynut1 , THANK YOU yet again for answering my post! I always appreciate your awesome responses! It's great to hear you've had good luck with transportation at WL. My fingers are crossed we could grab a bunk-bed room- that would be even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter