Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We're back at SL in just under three weeks and I want to send a room request. We're not that fussy - our main priority is not to have a dormer room or first floor. We're not bothered about which side of the building we're on - last year we had a lovely marina view on the second floor. The room was a little noisy as it was directly about the lounge but not too bad.

I was thinking of 'no dormer, middle floor/quiet room, nice view' Is that too much?

I can't wait to get there as we have 11 nights on this trip!

I was just there in April and agonized quite a bit about my room requests. For a building as small as SL I was surprised just how nuanced the room choices really are... marina side, pool side, dormer/no dormer, middle/end, etc.

I didn't want a dormer either and I also wanted some kind of view (not a tree). I requested Courtyard Pool side, 2nd or 3rd floor, and gave a range of room numbers that were somewhat towards the middle. I normally would not recommend specific room numbers because it's an all/nothing type of deal, but I gave a wide range to choose from so I felt ok with it here. I knew it was a risky ask.

I was given a third floor room on the marina side in the middle. Not what I requested, but it worked. Like you, I found this room a tad noisy - noise from the lounge (particularly dishes and setup noise) tended to drift up. It wasn't horrible, but it was somewhat noticeable at times. Otherwise I loved the view as it was totally unobstructed. You could see the high fireworks if you looked right. Here's a map to help visualize that floor.

I would probably recommend not using words like "nice view" in your request because that's a bit vague for the room assignor. Hope that helps! :-)

Floorplan with 6317 labeled.png

They came with some kind of mayo sauce and a pickled veg of some sort. I could have sworn it was ginger one day but seemed more like onion or something another. No idea. There was a wee pitcher of soy sauce along side them all. No wasabi.

@vikster1, when @Chavaleh says a 'wee pitcher of soy sauce' they aren't kidding. Here's a pic (bottom right). :rotfl:

View attachment 247207

Thank you both for the visuals. I pictured a platter with wooden tongs for some reason. It must have been in a dream. lol. I guess I can survive without a wasabi drizzle. I'm looking forward to trying them 12/1. 156 days to go

We are on our way and checking in to Contemporary Atrium club today!!!!! We already have our room assignment, only thing we requested is near elevator. I know requests are just that and not guaranteed but Im a bit disappointed we are on the end near chef Mickey's. I would ask when we get there if anything else is available but I ordered an in room celebration and it will be set up before we arrive. Hopefully it's not too noisy for afternoon naps!

Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

Thank you both for the visuals. I pictured a platter with wooden tongs for some reason. It must have been in a dream. lol. I guess I can survive without a wasabi drizzle. I'm looking forward to trying them 12/1. 156 days to go

I suspect had they been on a platter with tongs they would have really been in trouble. One night my daughter ate 30.... thirty!.... then she left and ate dinner. We monitored her on cucumber roll nights thereafter.

Hello! We're staying club level for the first time in August. I'm sure I've read somewhere that lounge access is available for your entire check out day. Is that accurate? Does that get affected if it's a split stay and the club level is first? For our last night we're switching over to a value before an early flight home the next morning. Can we stay and use the Poly lounge even though we'll already be checked into another hotel?

Thanks!

Hello! We're staying club level for the first time in August. I'm sure I've read somewhere that lounge access is available for your entire check out day. Is that accurate? Does that get affected if it's a split stay and the club level is first? For our last night we're switching over to a value before an early flight home the next morning. Can we stay and use the Poly lounge even though we'll already be checked into another hotel?

Thanks!

You can use the lounge all of your check out day. I have read some reports of magic bands not working after you check into your new resort. It has been quite awhile since I heard any reports of that tho, so not sure if you will have trouble getting into the building later. That might be your only issue.

Hi!!! We're staying club level next January!! Is there any DSS e-mail thal I can use to send our ADR's and requests? Thanks!

You can use the lounge all of your check out day. I have read some reports of magic bands not working after you check into your new resort. It has been quite awhile since I heard any reports of that tho, so not sure if you will have trouble getting into the building later. That might be your only issue.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Anyone else have any experience with this? Would it help if I waited and checked in at the front desk when I actually go to the second hotel?

Hope you had a great time! We'll be at Poly GV CL next May. What floor were you on? And did you request a certain floor or room? We are thinking we'd prefer ground floor...young kids and their parents along in another room and want easier access to pools.

Do you recall the white wine offerings in the lounge? And I keep reading about "no shade" at the Poly pools. This is a bummer. We are considering some afternoon cabana rentals at Oasis but I guess nothing is offered at Lava Pool? We will likely be at parks every morning so no chance of getting to pool early for an umbrella table.

Thanks for info!
Poly was great! I drink red so not 100% sure but I think it was a Pinot and there was also a sparkling white too.
Very little shade at either pool. We mostly swam later in the day to minimize sun. No cabanas at the lava pool.

So let's hear your opinions! How were they?
Ok so my opinions.....
Contemporary has a great lounge with a great view of MK! The food selections were very good. Room proximity to lounge was also good. Never got a chance to see fireworks from the lounge but looks like it would have been really nice. The only negatives were that I didn't have a great experience with the cast members there. I felt they were not very happy with their jobs there and did not go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Something was just missing. I will review Polynesian in a bit

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Anyone else have any experience with this? Would it help if I waited and checked in at the front desk when I actually go to the second hotel?
Honestly, I would leave my bags with Bell services and hold off on checking into the value resort until you're ready to go to bed. Poly lounge has a bathroom so you'll be fine without a room! Three weeks ago, we stayed at Swan our last night, which wouldn't have even affected our magic bands, but we didn't leave RPC until after 10pm because we were having too much fun!

Honestly, I would leave my bags with Bell services and hold off on checking into the value resort until you're ready to go to bed. Poly lounge has a bathroom so you'll be fine without a room! Three weeks ago, we stayed at Swan our last night, which wouldn't have even affected our magic bands, but we didn't leave RPC until after 10pm because we were having too much fun!

This is pretty much what I planned on doing, except I thought I'd send my suitcase to the value via bell services in the morning so it's there by the evening. That won't count as "checking in" right? I'll just keep a smaller bag with me until I head over to the value.

PSULion, here's what we've done in the past: Since you have to be checked out of the first resort in order to check in at the second, we've checked out of Club Level, explained that we will be moving to another resort but would like to still utilize the Lounge for the entire day. We've been given a card (the former room key cards) which allows access into the Lounge until the clock strikes midnight! ;) Then we uber with our luggage to our next resort!

We've done this at AKL twice now so I have to believe the other Club Levels can do that too!

PSULion, here's what we've done in the past: Since you have to be checked out of the first resort in order to check in at the second, we've checked out of Club Level, explained that we will be moving to another resort but would like to still utilize the Lounge for the entire day. We've been given a card (the former room key cards) which allows access into the Lounge until the clock strikes midnight! ;) Then we uber with our luggage to our next resort!

We've done this at AKL twice now so I have to believe the other Club Levels can do that too!

Thanks!

Ok so my opinions.....
Contemporary has a great lounge with a great view of MK! The food selections were very good. Room proximity to lounge was also good. Never got a chance to see fireworks from the lounge but looks like it would have been really nice. The only negatives were that I didn't have a great experience with the cast members there. I felt they were not very happy with their jobs there and did not go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Something was just missing. I will review Polynesian in a bit

Thanks for posting your opinion of CR CL. Sorry about the CMs, but hope you had a great time overall. Looking forward to your Poly review :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter