Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I thought about you the minute I saw this news. It was awful the way they basically jerked you around, considering this is likely the reason for it.

Seems like Disney is just like any other org with the lack of communication between teams and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I think there'd be a lot less frustration if they could get it together in this respect, even with all the restrictions etc.
Maybe they haven’t discovered text messaging yet. They’re still using snail mail. And it’s to a PO Box they check once every 2 weeks.

No. Not when someone with a December reservation has been downgraded.
Oh no...someone with a December reservation was downgraded? So sorry, I missed that:( Mine hasn't been changed yet and I have a reservation for later in July. I'll definitely report back if something changes in my reservation tho.

My December reservation was for Club Level at Gran Destino (CSR). Well that one just got modified too to drop out the dining plan. What is interesting is that my CL Standard View Tower room just got downgraded to a Standard room. Yeah, not even in the Tower, LOL.

I know this is not what we want to hear in these boards. I was thinking that maybe they would not modify the December reservations yet. But, it does seem they are modifying all of 2020.

This is very sad. We have 3 WL CL rooms booked for mid December. We don't have the DDP, but I'll be watching those reservations to see if any changes are made.

Bad news guys..., @GADisneyDad14 just announced an email he received on the Covid board ...

Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable

🙁 🙁

Seems like Disney is just like any other org with the lack of communication between teams and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I think there'd be a lot less frustration if they could get it together in this respect, even with all the restrictions etc.

I agree!

Oh no...someone with a December reservation was downgraded? So sorry, I missed that:( Mine hasn't been changed yet and I have a reservation for later in July. I'll definitely report back if something changes in my reservation tho.
Yup, me. I posted it just a few threads above. My December 2020 was downgraded from CL Tower at CSR to just a standard room. New and original confirmation pics are below. Note that I had booked a Free Dining bounceback last year. They are taking out the dining plans (because that is also not being offered until further notice). Reservations with free dining that need to be modified are being modified first to apply the recovery offer, so that’s why my reservation was one of first ones to be modified.

Last edited:

I’m wondering with this downgrading CL guests what’s going to happen with the rooms themselves and not just the lounges. GDT seems like a special case due to the NBA but what about the others...two entire buildings closing to guests at the GF as an example seems an odd choice for social distancing, especially with all this talk of moving guests from values and mods to deluxes. Then again I don’t see how it would work with magic band access required. It all makes my head hurt.

I’m wondering with this downgrading CL guests what’s going to happen with the rooms themselves and not just the lounges. GDT seems like a special case due to the NBA but what about the others...two entire buildings closing to guests at the GF as an example seems an odd choice for social distancing, especially with all this talk of moving guests from values and mods to deluxes. Then again I don’t see how it would work with magic band access required. It all makes my head hurt.

They probably won't close the CL buildings or CL floors, they just won't offer CL service or open the lounges. With most resorts that won't be all that hard as they can just take off the difference in price for a CL room vs a non-CL room in the same view category. The only place where there might be complications is the Main Building of the GF as even without CL service those rooms could probably still command a premium over rooms of the same view category in the outbuildings.

It’s definitely possible! It does say “during the initial reopening period.” Just wish they gave specific dates and better details so we’re not speculating and guessing. Let’s hope for the best!! 🤞🏻

Yeah they are not saying how long the initial opening period is...I imagine they don't even know yet until they see how things work, what happens with the virus, etc

I'm so torn on what to do right now. I thought I lucked out by booking during the week of July 15th without realizing the parks would be open then so I'm happy in that regard. However, I have a 1 bedroom suite club level booked at Contemporary and then after I'm using points for a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club. With this recent news I feel like this is a double gut punch. The suite at CR is still showing in my reservations and I've not received any communication from Mouse thus far. I would just like an answer on what to expect after the parks reopen in relation to CL and SaB. I know that no one knows what's gonna happen, but I'd like to know something before I can cancel my Beach Club room and not be penalized. If CL isn't offered in July, how would they supplement suites? There's not a regular suite non club to base the price on.... Sorry for ranting. Like all of you I'm just pretty fed up with the lack of communication from Mouse at this point.

Yeah they are not saying how long the initial opening period is...I imagine they don't even know yet until they see how things work, what happens with the virus, etc

It’s definitely frustrating - esp. when there are still so many questions that need answering. I’m trying to stay positive. Things can change so quickly, so let’s hope for the best! 🤞🏻

I'm so torn on what to do right now. I thought I lucked out by booking during the week of July 15th without realizing the parks would be open then so I'm happy in that regard. However, I have a 1 bedroom suite club level booked at Contemporary and then after I'm using points for a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club. With this recent news I feel like this is a double gut punch. The suite at CR is still showing in my reservations and I've not received any communication from Mouse thus far. I would just like an answer on what to expect after the parks reopen in relation to CL and SaB. I know that no one knows what's gonna happen, but I'd like to know something before I can cancel my Beach Club room and not be penalized. If CL isn't offered in July, how would they supplement suites? There's not a regular suite non club to base the price on.... Sorry for ranting. Like all of you I'm just pretty fed up with the lack of communication from Mouse at this point.
I can't blame you. The lack of communication is galling.

I tried calling Member Services again to find out about CL and they have no clue when it is supposed to start back up. I also tried the regular Disney site for chat, and then called to cancel our CSR CL reservation- neither CM had a clue either, but did say that they had been trying to find out all day without luck. I cancelled our AKL CL for July last night (sob) and am not hopeful for the last week of August either at this point.

Personally, I don't think that they are going to cancel CL for too long- certainly not until December. I am anxious on @vinotinto's behalf regarding why the CL reservation was downgraded, but I also look at the verbiage of "temporarily" and "during this initial reopening phase" and think they are not planning to cancel this service for any longer than they feel they have to.

FWIW, I just called Universal and they are running full CL amenities at all three of their Premier resorts. I am not sure why Disney feels that it's not doable, but I know it's their call.

So this is coming from my CM friend that works doing analytics and stuff (so not resort, but she asked some questions from some people at work that she said *should* know what's going on). She was both asking for me and for her friend who is going down beginning of November, both of us have CL stays in November (mine is Thanksgiving week), and I have a CR CL Christmas week. They said they don't know how long the initial phased opening period will be, and the end of that will probably signal the return of things like CL services. It could be the end of September, October, or sometime next year.....no one knows. BUT they know this isn't the end of CL, they just haven't found a safe way to handle it yet. I also know that neither of my CL stays have been modified, and her friends stay hasn't either, so I think it might just be what type of package someone had (her friend and I both have room only bookings) or what resort they're at. I am keeping mine for now.

I assume Disney will use the inventory as standard rooms. I’m super sad they’ve decided to cancel it for the rest of the year. It seems unnecessarily long. I could see it for a few months and then reevaluate but to go all “see ya in 2021, maybe!” when even UO figured out how to run a modified CL is ridiculous.

GDT downgrade is still throwing me. I really hope that was a person screw-up. NBA will be long gone by mid-Dec and I can’t imagine they’ll still be conducting any TLC the resort (I assume after 3.5 months of continuous use they will have to do some TLC prior to re-opening to the public).

@vinotinto I suspect you’ll get a chance to modify in a few months if you have no interest in CSR standard room (I wouldn’t. Have a GDT CL reservation for myself in Nov right now. I’m not a fan of CSR outside of the Tower.) I think the no new reservations is temporary while Disney tries to get a grip on stuff.

I assume Disney will use the inventory as standard rooms. I’m super sad they’ve decided to cancel it for the rest of the year. It seems unnecessarily long. I could see it for a few months and then reevaluate but to go all “see ya in 2021, maybe!” when even UO figured out how to run a modified CL is ridiculous.

GDT downgrade is still throwing me. I really hope that was a person screw-up. NBA will be long gone by mid-Dec and I can’t imagine they’ll still be conducting any TLC the resort (I assume after 3.5 months of continuous use they will have to do some TLC prior to re-opening to the public).

@vinotinto I suspect you’ll get a chance to modify in a few months if you have no interest in CSR standard room (I wouldn’t. Have a GDT CL reservation for myself in Nov right now. I’m not a fan of CSR outside of the Tower.) I think the no new reservations is temporary while Disney tries to get a grip on stuff.
Thank you, I am going to try to modify it, although that December reservation is sort of a backup for our usual ski plans, since it’s for my DS’ birthday and he prefers skiing, so I’m going to wait a little bit. It seems that right now waits are long, CMs are overextended and I don’t know if they’ll be able to rebook me as CL. We may have to wait until CL is back up after the “temporary suspension.”

The reservation we really care about is our mid-July one because that’s to celebrate my DD’s birthday. I don’t have a backup, but UO is always a possibility for a few days.

Thank you, I am going to try to modify it, although that December reservation is sort of a backup for our usual ski plans, since it’s for my DS’ birthday and he prefers skiing, so I’m going to wait a little bit. It seems that right now waits are long, CMs are overextended and I don’t know if they’ll be able to rebook me as CL. We may have to wait until CL is back up after the “temporary suspension.”

The reservation we really care about is our mid-July one because that’s to celebrate my DD’s birthday. I don’t have a backup, but UO is always a possibility for a few days.
UO has never looked so good to me, not gonna lie 🤣

UO has never looked so good to me, not gonna lie 🤣

I know right !! I have never been to UO and I am a Potterhead. Why ? Because my husband is not into HP like I am. But $ to $ I think that UO is more expensive than WDW if staying onsite with CL.

But, I don't think I would spend a whole week just going to UO. I am thinking of booking a quick Summer trip to UO. Our CL stay is the end of September -Oct. 2 @ AKL. DVC booking.

If they don't offer CL then I would like to change to something else and save those points-or change resorts and add a day or two.

FWIW, I just called Universal and they are running full CL amenities at all three of their Premier resorts. I am not sure why Disney feels that it's not doable, but I know it's their call.

I loved CL at RPR, but found their service a bit lacking. Their morning offerings were pretty much Entemann's pastries, which could be bought pre-wrapped. Coffee, juice and a tiny hot buffet on the side. It would be easy to put the person ordinarily in charge of replacing trays as they empty in charge of dishing out food to those few people who show up. Dinner was busier, but the offerings were still sparse, and just try to get individualized help such as to get a bottle of water. It was tough.

Disney's club level is the next step up with more fresh offerings, more attentive service and helpful concierge that would go out of their way to help with smaller, non-Disney details if we need. They even take the time to walk around and ask how our trip is going and some took it upon themselves to pass out character photos and stickers to kids under the age of 99.

Last edited:
I have a cl stay 7/16-19. I don’t think we will know for a while yet. 1st they have to deal with the people with DVC . Then the hotel guests from June until parks open in July. They may/may not start opening all the resorts or some resorts after parks open.

They may/may not offer cl at that time.

They are doing 1 thing at a time. Your choice is to wait your turn for info or cancel. They will not tell you/us what they doing mid July because it’s a fluid thing still.

Keep an eye here. We will find info here quicker than many other places.

It’s hard but you not alone :)

See I thought they’d likely do that too, but then I thought about the magic band locks in the elevators and outside the Hawaii building at Poly etc. If everyone’s CL reservation is downgraded to normal I see a comedy of magic band mishaps coming.

As for UO...never been there and until their new park opens with the Nintendo land it’s got nothing I’m interested in or can really do except Potter, and JKR seems intent to destroy any love I once had for those books every time she runs her mouth on Twitter. Even as Potterheads we could never justify the expense of popping over there on our trips and tbh...I’d still rather go to a restricted Disney. At least I won’t get motion sick there. (I can’t even watch Uni rides on YouTube)

If you cancel the BC inside of the 30 day window the points will not go into holding. I canceled two June rooms yesterday and my point did not go into holding even though the warning message popped up when I canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter