Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I wonder how long no CL will last. I am so sad. We had our July trip cancelled due to the closure and now it’s looking like our RPC stay isn’t happening in Sept either 🥺
I was wondering the same thing since we don’t have CL until thanksgiving week. I guess if they are crediting the upcharge I won’t worry about it, but I was really hoping to have it for our Christmas trip. Definitely be interesting to see how it plays out since most of what I’ve heard is for summer and early fall.

I was wondering the same thing. We're booked WL CL for December, so I'll be watching closely to see what happens over the next several months.
Ditto.
Worst case, I simply order groceries for delivery and we get the difference in our points back between a standard view and a club level. I imagine the rooms will all still be the same CL rooms. I can live with that in that they'll be doing it for our safety.

My worry is not that the parks will have limitations nor that the CL will be closed. I'm trying to figure out how to fly if this virus still has a strong presence come December. A 1200 mile drive really is not in the cards for my mom, daughter or me.

Last edited:
Yeah, after seeing the theme park announcements this week, I started to assume it might be 'all stop' on CL for a bit. I wasn't willing/ready to say that before this week - held hope it would still be some sort of limited or modified experience.

I'm sad for CM friends. And sad for those of us with trips.

Will hope for the best as we move forward.

Yeah, after seeing the theme park announcements this week, I started to assume it might be 'all stop' on CL for a bit. I wasn't willing/ready to say that before this week - held hope it would still be some sort of limited or modified experience.

I'm sad for CM friends. And sad for those of us with trips.

Will hope for the best as we move forward.
Yeah. I figured CL may be wishful thinking and I kinda expected it but everything added together is making me feeling pretty blah today.😕

Hopefully it won’t last too long and we can all get back to fun trip planning!

I miss my fancy Poly CL coffee maker 😂

Ok, I have some excitement and concern about the room credit. I got into CL by accident in that my goal was to stay Deluxe with my family of six. Because we can't afford two Deluxe Resort rooms, we were limited to a small subset of resorts with rooms for six. Except for the deluxe rooms at BC, rooms (not villas, not suites) for six at Deluxe Resorts are CL. Et voila, we stayed at BWI CL (and loved it).
Now, we might be able to stay Deluxe for less if they credit us the CL upgrade, which we enjoyed but is not a deal breaker for us. BUT how much is that credit? Our room category does not exist without CL, unlike a standard room, so I cannot just compare prices to guesstimate the credit. Will it just be the same amount standard rooms will get?
This could get interesting as I debate whether to pay for Deluxe without CL or just switch to the Cabins at FW so we can bring our own food to make us less reliant on park restaurants. We won't even want as much restaurant dining if it is all OOP as we are maximizes of the DDP, which also appears to be gone for our trip (even though all my October ADRs are still in MDE).
Thoughts?

Thought exercise: while mourning the lack of CL, husband and I have decided to make the best of it and stock our own “lounge” in our resort room. My must haves are the beer fridge 🥳 and macarons. I would love to be able to add some treats from amorette’s and the ganachery. What would make your list of must-haves?

I hope that we be assured of Arusha Savannah view at AKL. And I hope they will still cycle the animals onto the resort area. Now if they say no animals...that’s when I have to rethink resort options.

Yeah. I figured CL may be wishful thinking and I kinda expected it but everything added together is making me feeling pretty blah today.😕

Hopefully it won’t last too long and we can all get back to fun trip planning!

I miss my fancy Poly CL coffee maker 😂

Yeah, right there with you. I’m usually as Pixie Dust/Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow as it gets but I’ve been pretty down all week.

Just another cancellation to add to all the other summer cancellations I guess.

I hate even typing that out because it sounds petty, but that’s been our mood this week.

Not mad at Disney, more just down with how this has impacted everything,

Thought exercise: while mourning the lack of CL, husband and I have decided to make the best of it and stock our own “lounge” in our resort room. My must haves are the beer fridge 🥳 and macarons. I would love to be able to add some treats from amorette’s and the ganachery. What would make your list of must-haves?
I’m really in denial about how long this whole no CL thing is going to last and since I haven’t been able to experience RPC CL yet I have nothing to note from there, but I’ve been dreaming of that yummy alcoholic concoction the Poly has for our NYE trip, so if I can’t have CL then that’s all I want, lol.

I love this plan!

I have that 7/16-19 AKL Club Level reservation and Disney hasn't reached out yet. I would understand the club lounge portion would be tough, but a train of snacks/drinks to the room and a dedicated concierge wouldn't be the end of the world. We have a fallback resort for that portion of the stay at Pop, which who knows what'll happen to that reservation. (rest of our trip is Poly DVC)

I hope that we be assured of Arusha Savannah view at AKL. And I hope they will still cycle the animals onto the resort area. Now if they say no animals...that’s when I have to rethink resort options.
I'm going to say that the room assignments won't change from what you'd ordinarily have gotten, it would make it too difficult for the assigner.

Rut Roh guys who have Summer and early fall trips: saw this on a FB group

View attachment 497804
If this true, then I am absolutely gutted. We use points to stay CL because we don’t have to budget for food and drink for the week that way. I can‘t use extra points back as the difference since those have no tangible value to us during the week and even going forward. Sorry to whine, but I really wish the CL guests would have been given the consideration of communication up front instead of hoping and dreaming about modifications they might be making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter