Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just curious, to anyone who has stayed at GDT - did you see many kids? Same number as other CL areas? I read a review that the food, etc. seemed like it was trying to cater to conference attendees and other adults, and I was wondering if kids were in the minority or would be made to feel unwelcome.
Yes, there were a lot of kids there both last weekend and over Christmas.

By the way, this is Disney. Kids are NEVER, EVER made to feel unwelcome. Anywhere.
Well, I guess of a certain age they are unwelcome at V&A but that's a huge exception.
They are never unwelcome at any resort. At any level of room.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more about the SL CM’s. They were miserable when we were there. Practically got eye rolls should I ever ask for anything. No smiles on their faces (with the exception of a select couple of CM’s). I do feel CM’s behaviors affect the way you feel during your stay. Needless to say, it’s a disappointment.

Well, guess they weren't just that way for our stay. Which is a real shame. CL CM should be outgoing and with the guests. The SL ones were the opposite, as a whole.

It's been quite awhile since my SL stay (January 2010), but sadly it looks like not much has changed in 10 years. I was very underwhelmed with that stay and have no desire to return to SL.

She said she typically only stayed in RPC, prior to this stay, and said she would never come back to Sugarloaf after this experience!

That's how I feel. I've stayed standard GV, SL & RPC and I'd always choose GV over SL if RPC wasn't possible.

Thank you all for your honest answers. I'm thinking now that I should have just kept the lagoon view room we originally had before I "upgraded". We used to really enjoy BC/YC CL (Vilma was the best!) but then they changed the occupancy to only 4, so we were shut out.

RPC is just too expensive for us since the prices have gone up so much the last few years.
I mostly booked SL for convenience, so I guess I'll stick with it and hope for the best!
I had a very different experience Jan 2-6 of this year. On one morning, there were two CM's who could not have cared less. Other than that, at all times of day, we had great CM's. Personable, always a smile on their faces, happy to get us wine at any hour, the woman pouring the wine would literally even leave her set up and come over and refill my wine with what she knew I liked. Suits every day. The food was fantastic and everything was always clean. Once, there was no silverware left and when I brought it to the CM's attention, they fell over themselves apologizing and righting the situation in seconds. Every day, we had at least one CM who would initiate chatting with us. Everyone (except those two CM's on one particular morning, which was not ok!) was so polite and cheerful. We had an amazing stay. We had previously stayed only RPC and I read so many negative review son here that I was so apprehensive for our trip. I tend to be pretty particular and easily annoyed. But we loved SL, and my dd20 even preferred it to RPC because it was quieter and more laid back.

I totally agree with Angie about the lack of a bathroom being annoying. Our room was so close to the lounge but I still feel that a bathroom at the lounge would be a really good addition.

Angie covered the food. I would add that dinner every night had "the usual," but also two hot and two cold specialty items each night. Spare ribs, chicken and beef skewers, fish terrine, potato reuben, ahi tuna, and lots of others that are escaping me but they were all delicious. The afternoon tea includes delicious scones (so moist) and assorted accompaniments. There was soup every day at lunch. Breakfast was very substantial, it also included hand carved turkey breast which was very filling.

I can post pics tomorrow when I have the patience to do it from my phone.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the disappointments that other have experienced are legitimate and would have really bothered me, too. There is no reason to pay that amount for poor service, apathetic CM's, or a dirty lounge. But I just want to give my perspective. We may have just gotten really lucky, but I would be thrilled to stay there again.

Here are some pics of our room (6214), the view from our room, and the lounge. Unfortunately I realized that what I mostly have are short videos of the lounge instead of pics. If anyone knows how to post them, I’d be happy to. Otherwise, these pics of the lounge aren’t much but they are all I have.

Attachments

• 6059493C-755F-4AAF-A80D-A57806A893CB.jpeg
    6059493C-755F-4AAF-A80D-A57806A893CB.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 6C290BCF-2EBA-48EE-912D-FA5DDF844139.jpeg
    6C290BCF-2EBA-48EE-912D-FA5DDF844139.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 81
  • CA36D38F-BC3D-4616-8002-588AC919FA2D.jpeg
    CA36D38F-BC3D-4616-8002-588AC919FA2D.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 83
  • 32F6F2F3-AC00-4AA6-8FB0-1A5828F4879B.jpeg
    32F6F2F3-AC00-4AA6-8FB0-1A5828F4879B.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 82
  • 39B65211-91F7-42D7-92D6-B6B9A7CD7C25.jpeg
    39B65211-91F7-42D7-92D6-B6B9A7CD7C25.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 2530644F-7889-430B-B2C1-3832C0B55741.jpeg
    2530644F-7889-430B-B2C1-3832C0B55741.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 71

Hello all. It's been a few years since I stayed at BWI Club level, but with luck, and lots of divine intervention, my best friend and I will be back in mid May, staying 5 nights. (We are currently booked for May 17-23, but that may change).
My friend and I are veteran visitors to WDW in general, and know our way around the parks and most of the resorts very well, including BWI. But she was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, and currently undergoing Chemo. She knows that this may be her last trip, and it will be unlike any of our previous ones. So we are going full speed ahead, so to speak, and doing Club, but since her energy level will be much reduced, we will probably be spending more time at the resort than past visits.
My past experience with BWI CL was in a room outside the Keeper's Desk area, and thinking that this would probably be the best choice, but then, it is a bit of a longer walk to the Club room. Since we will both be in scooters for most touring, wondering how much of a hassle is it to get them through the Inn Keeper doors. Once in our room, we will park them to charge, and be able to be on foot for Club room and pool visits, but getting in and out is a question.
Any advice from others who have done the Club Level on wheels?
(Also, since my last CL visit, this thread has undergone some much appreciated updating, but all the photos of BWI Club areas are no longer on the first few pages. Any photos I can show my friend would be appreciated - if you want to PM me, or point me to more recent photos on these thread pages, I would really love to show her. Thank you so much!!)
I have some pics of BWI CL. They are all mostly food pics though (priorities)!AED06DA3-FC99-4276-A642-2AE059C09BFA.jpeg3EABE620-C52D-4E39-9A60-660D39A1D8C3.jpeg8B986625-0B06-4682-BF91-2CB10252CD48.jpegB07257C4-5018-415B-81CB-059221D022BD.jpeg083542D1-D774-4AF5-A9B3-24AD362B51CF.jpeg08B6881D-E057-47D5-B90A-DC47BDC08851.jpegE5A60362-BBE4-4662-8245-FFEA07069A30.jpeg3B5DA7C1-EE1A-45D5-B25F-46EB005737C8.jpegA34A540A-8428-455E-A010-D74056A4EA73.jpeg6E7A1396-1F94-42C9-A93A-3BA1A6466DAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh hi, it’s just me, the world’s most indecisive club level booker! We were sure we were settled at Poly for July, but a number of things came up and now we’re not as sure (long story). Question: has anyone stayed in the two bedroom suite at beach club? It’s about the same price as two poly rooms (we have seven people). What is beach club like? How is the club food/atmosphere? How far are these suites from the actual club, since they just said “club level access”?? Any info would be appreciated!

Oh hi, it’s just me, the world’s most indecisive club level booker! We were sure we were settled at Poly for July, but a number of things came up and now we’re not as sure (long story). Question: has anyone stayed in the two bedroom suite at beach club? It’s about the same price as two poly rooms (we have seven people). What is beach club like? How is the club food/atmosphere? How far are these suites from the actual club, since they just said “club level access”?? Any info would be appreciated!

I haven’t stayed in a BC 2BR suite but have stayed in a YC 2BC suite (which I guess is sort of a ‘but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night’ statement).

The CL “access” terminology means they are on a different floor than the CL lounge/floor. The YC 2BR we had was not really a far walk from room to lounge, but it wasn’t all that close either. Both YC and BC have some relatively long hallways in certain parts.

If Touring Plans is accurate (which I think it is for these rooms but I don’t have personal experience to confirm this)... it looks like the 2BRs are in two spots (red circles below), the circle more in the middle below would be on floors 1-4, the circle on the right would be floors 1-3. The CL floor is 5.

The black rectangles in the middle of the floor plan below are the elevators that go up to the CL floor. Access to the lounge from the middle circle 2BR is going to be much closer than the other one. We stayed in a 1BR suite one time that was near the middle red circle and I loved the quick access to the elevators to get upstairs to the lounge.

Please make sure to vet on the YC/BC thread or other sources in case TP is leading me in the wrong direction with their info.

362D2134-5D43-454F-A5F0-6A95A80B7FC2.jpeg

Hope that kind of helps.

I haven’t stayed in a BC 2BR suite but have stayed in a YC 2BC suite (which I guess is sort of a ‘but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night’ statement).

The CL “access” terminology means they are on a different floor than the CL lounge/floor. The YC 2BR we had was not really a far walk from room to lounge, but it wasn’t all that close either. Both YC and BC have some relatively long hallways in certain parts.

If Touring Plans is accurate (which I think it is for these rooms but I don’t have personal experience to confirm this)... it looks like the 2BRs are in two spots (red circles below), the circle more in the middle below would be on floors 1-4, the circle on the right would be floors 1-3. The CL floor is 5.

The black rectangles in the middle of the floor plan below are the elevators that go up to the CL floor. Access to the lounge from the middle circle 2BR is going to be much closer than the other one. We stayed in a 1BR suite one time that was near the middle red circle and I loved the quick access to the elevators to get upstairs to the lounge.

Please make sure to vet on the YC/BC thread or other sources in case TP is leading me in the wrong direction with their info.

View attachment 468179

Hope that kind of helps.
It does! Thank you so much

Is it wrong that I am praying for someone to cancel their CL stay over Easter (preferably with the AP discount) ?? We are booked at BC water view but would love a CL stay either there or YC, GF or Poly. I know it is a long shot because we need two rooms but one can hope right?:goodvibes

I think I have finally stopped adding nights and moving reservations around for my trip this week. I started off at AOA, moved to BWI CL once AP discounts came out (and I nabbed one of those discount mishaps for the garden cottage room). Then last week I added two nights to my trip, since BWI had no rooms available I had to look elsewhere so booked a room at Coronado (not tower, and no CL rooms where available at the time, although some came available later), then moved to BC, and then just now saw an AKL savannah view CL come available that wasn't here last night for a really good price so I changed to there......and I think I'm done lol. I've stayed at AKL before on a previous solo trip, but not CL, so this should be fun/interesting and I'm really looking forward to experiencing two CLs for the first time on one trip :D

I think I have finally stopped adding nights and moving reservations around for my trip this week. I started off at AOA, moved to BWI CL once AP discounts came out (and I nabbed one of those discount mishaps for the garden cottage room). Then last week I added two nights to my trip, since BWI had no rooms available I had to look elsewhere so booked a room at Coronado (not tower, and no CL rooms where available at the time, although some came available later), then moved to BC, and then just now saw an AKL savannah view CL come available that wasn't here last night for a really good price so I changed to there......and I think I'm done lol. I've stayed at AKL before on a previous solo trip, but not CL, so this should be fun/interesting and I'm really looking forward to experiencing two CLs for the first time on one trip :D
That sounds exhausting! Something I would do though. Enjoy and hope you're settled.

That sounds exhausting! Something I would do though. Enjoy and hope you're settled.
My husband is tired of it and he's not even the one going lol, I have a feeling I'm not changing it again (not many rooms left anyway).

My husband is tired of it and he's not even the one going lol, I have a feeling I'm not changing it again (not many rooms left anyway).
:rotfl2:at least he listened for a bit. My husband doesn't like disney (I Inow, I know) and doesn't listen at all. He just needs to know he gets 1 day of golf and at least 1 good steak dinner. The rest he tunes me right out.

Step away from the computer...step away from MDE:). We were also lucky enough to grab a BWI garden cottage room during the "discount mishap":).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter