Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Ugh of course! We didn’t make it tonight we went to Bull and Bear for dinner at the Waldorf. Highly recommended, best meal of the trip, maybe best meal ever.

We have had several great stays at the Waldorf. I wonder if they still offer Tea Forte in the Peacock lounge in the morning.

We are staying GF SL July 4 and 5 before moving over to YC July 6-14.

If anyone has been to SL recently and has any pictures, or can post about menu I would appreciate it!
We've stayed BC and YC CL several times, but now they have cut it off at 4 instead of 5 so that's out. Also stayed at GF RPC once, many years ago.

Thanks.

We are staying GF SL July 4 and 5 before moving over to YC July 6-14.

If anyone has been to SL recently and has any pictures, or can post about menu I would appreciate it!
We've stayed BC and YC CL several times, but now they have cut it off at 4 instead of 5 so that's out. Also stayed at GF RPC once, many years ago.

Thanks.
I got home Tuesday from a 3 night stay in SL
No menus (for those curious very few CL post menus)
Food was good. Pretty run of the mill stuff really.
Except at breakfast they did put out tiny cups of strawberry soup and did a hot tray of the bread pudding (both from 1900PF for those familiar)
Bread pudding didn't last all morning
There was scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, oats, fruits, pastries, and meat/cheese. All the norms
Lunch was similar to others too, cold salads, fruits, chips, meats/cheeses, veggies. A dip or two.
Lunch had soup (chicken noodle) our last day, quite nice.
Cut up uncrustables (highly underrated I think, LOL)
Dinners were fine. Chicken on a stick, chicken nuggets, boneless short ribs, little bits of salads, etc. Again meats/cheeses
Desserts are also similar to most places. Rice krispies, brownies, cupcakes, just a variety of small bites.

Wines and beers were served, which others here know bugs me. It was ok during dinner hours when someone was around but what bothered me more than anything was the lack of CM around during other times. They wanted to congregate in their kitchen area. We sat there for 20 min on Tuesday afternoon and never saw a soul, other than the 1 CM at the desk who was on the phone the whole time. I just wanted a glass of wine (this was before service started). We never once got a mimosa because they were too hard to track down. No one ever offered to get stuff for us either. Such a stark contrast after our one night stay at GDT, where there are always multiple CM around and they are always coming by asking if they can get you something. GF SL CM were just not near their levels. So very indifferent to if we were there or not, happy or not, etc. May have well been animatronics. If that makes sense.

And wow, there's no bathroom for the lounge area. With the rooms nearby I guess that is ok but other lounges have rooms nearby and they have a bathroom for lounge guests. I was directed out to the pool to use a bathroom.

I got home Tuesday from a 3 night stay in SL
No menus (for those curious very few CL post menus)
Food was good. Pretty run of the mill stuff really.
Except at breakfast they did put out tiny cups of strawberry soup and did a hot tray of the bread pudding (both from 1900PF for those familiar)
Bread pudding didn't last all morning
There was scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, oats, fruits, pastries, and meat/cheese. All the norms
Lunch was similar to others too, cold salads, fruits, chips, meats/cheeses, veggies. A dip or two.
Lunch had soup (chicken noodle) our last day, quite nice.
Cut up uncrustables (highly underrated I think, LOL)
Dinners were fine. Chicken on a stick, chicken nuggets, boneless short ribs, little bits of salads, etc. Again meats/cheeses
Desserts are also similar to most places. Rice krispies, brownies, cupcakes, just a variety of small bites.

Wines and beers were served, which others here know bugs me. It was ok during dinner hours when someone was around but what bothered me more than anything was the lack of CM around during other times. They wanted to congregate in their kitchen area. We sat there for 20 min on Tuesday afternoon and never saw a soul, other than the 1 CM at the desk who was on the phone the whole time. I just wanted a glass of wine (this was before service started). We never once got a mimosa because they were too hard to track down. No one ever offered to get stuff for us either. Such a stark contrast after our one night stay at GDT, where there are always multiple CM around and they are always coming by asking if they can get you something. GF SL CM were just not near their levels. So very indifferent to if we were there or not, happy or not, etc. May have well been animatronics. If that makes sense.

And wow, there's no bathroom for the lounge area. With the rooms nearby I guess that is ok but other lounges have rooms nearby and they have a bathroom for lounge guests. I was directed out to the pool to use a bathroom.

Couldn’t agree more about the SL CM’s. They were miserable when we were there. Practically got eye rolls should I ever ask for anything. No smiles on their faces (with the exception of a select couple of CM’s). I do feel CM’s behaviors affect the way you feel during your stay. Needless to say, it’s a disappointment.

Couldn’t agree more about the SL CM’s. They were miserable when we were there. Practically got eye rolls should I ever ask for anything. No smiles on their faces (with the exception of a select couple of CM’s). I do feel CM’s behaviors affect the way you feel during your stay. Needless to say, it’s a disappointment.
Well, guess they weren't just that way for our stay. Which is a real shame. CL CM should be outgoing and with the guests. The SL ones were the opposite, as a whole. Just a contrast to what I'm used to. Heck, Lene over at BWI is always in the lounge with the guests, working to clear tables, get things, chatting and meeting, etc. I saw a suit once in 3 days and never saw him speaking to anyone or helping. Maybe that's where the difference is, manager. Employees often follow their leads and if the lead is indifferent, so go the others. Lene is anything but indifferent so the same goes for her staff.

Same goes for Aaron over at GDT. He's so extremely nice and outgoing. Same personality as the rest of the staff there too. He has gone over and above during both of my stays there.

I have to agree, Love the SL location, have stayed there every year. But, the CM are not friendly or caring. I have even heard them complain about their co CM's. It should be the quest responsibility to clear their food before leaving but very rarely have ever seen a CM clear or wipe down a table. There have been many posting over the years but, SL management has never reacted.

Well, guess they weren't just that way for our stay. Which is a real shame. CL CM should be outgoing and with the guests. The SL ones were the opposite, as a whole. Just a contrast to what I'm used to. Heck, Lene over at BWI is always in the lounge with the guests, working to clear tables, get things, chatting and meeting, etc. I saw a suit once in 3 days and never saw him speaking to anyone or helping. Maybe that's where the difference is, manager. Employees often follow their leads and if the lead is indifferent, so go the others. Lene is anything but indifferent so the same goes for her staff.

I wholeheartedly agree! There were actually a few guests who were vocal about their disappointment! A woman right next to us was talking out loud to her husband about the behavior of some of the cast members, and of course, I overheard and had to chime in!! She said she typically only stayed in RPC, prior to this stay, and said she would never come back to Sugarloaf after this experience! Especially when you’re spending that kind of money, you expect to have a certain level of service. There were three in total that were great, (one was the chef), that were very friendly and outgoing! Unfortunately, not there the entire week we were there!

The other thing I noticed, and I didn’t mention prior, was the food area was always a mess!! There was food all over the floor and food all over the service area. They never once stopped to clean up anything until service was completely done. And like I said, I was there a week, and this was the same way every day. People were walking around without shoes on and nobody said a word. I just felt like they did not care about their job and they did not care to be there. It’s a shame.

Incredible that it's gone on for so long. I only stayed there for my friend, who, despite going to Disney regularly for many years, had never even stepped foot in the GF. It was the only CL room available for our stay, and we both love CL (we've done BWI previously)
I figured, I could manage for a short trip, and I did. And she loved every single minute but she sure noticed the difference.
Maybe someone mistakenly thinks that GF guests prefer aloofness? That it makes them seem more, exclusive. No idea. But it's strange

That is not okay.

I wholeheartedly agree! There were actually a few guests who were vocal about their disappointment! A woman right next to us was talking out loud to her husband about the behavior of some of the cast members, and of course, I overheard and had to chime in!! She said she typically only stayed in RPC, prior to this stay, and said she would never come back to Sugarloaf after this experience! Especially when you’re spending that kind of money, you expect to have a certain level of service. There were three in total that were great, (one was the chef), that were very friendly and outgoing! Unfortunately, not there the entire week we were there!

The other thing I noticed, and I didn’t mention prior, was the food area was always a mess!! There was food all over the floor and food all over the service area. They never once stopped to clean up anything until service was completely done. And like I said, I was there a week, and this was the same way every day. People were walking around without shoes on and nobody said a word. I just felt like they did not care about their job and they did not care to be there. It’s a shame.
I wonder if guests are reporting CMs specifically by name to the powers that be. General complaints don't work because the good workers end up being spoken to when they are doing their best. The CMs with a 'tude who don't do a good job need to be singled out and either written up, put on probation, moved to a different position, or fired.

I have to agree, Love the SL location, have stayed there every year. But, the CM are not friendly or caring. I have even heard them complain about their co CM's. It should be the quest responsibility to clear their food before leaving but very rarely have ever seen a CM clear or wipe down a table. There have been many posting over the years but, SL management has never reacted.
They certainly reacted when I complained, and I had the opposite problem of them clearing tables during my July trip this summer. I put my plate down, went to get something for DD8, and when I came back all my food was gone (she was happily sitting there eating some cheese, it was obvious I wasn't done since I hadn't even sat down yet). It happened multiple times, and the last time it happened I broke down in tears to the CM I realized was doing it, it's like she was following me. I stayed there 2 weeks later and a manager met me immediately and the service was A+ the entire stay, he was a wonderful guy but the managers have to do two CL and that's probably not the easiest to do. It seems they put their top level CMs at RPC and the rest get tucked away at SL.

Thank you all for your honest answers. I'm thinking now that I should have just kept the lagoon view room we originally had before I "upgraded". We used to really enjoy BC/YC CL (Vilma was the best!) but then they changed the occupancy to only 4, so we were shut out.

RPC is just too expensive for us since the prices have gone up so much the last few years.
I mostly booked SL for convenience, so I guess I'll stick with it and hope for the best!

Thank you all for your honest answers. I'm thinking now that I should have just kept the lagoon view room we originally had before I "upgraded". We used to really enjoy BC/YC CL (Vilma was the best!) but then they changed the occupancy to only 4, so we were shut out.

RPC is just too expensive for us since the prices have gone up so much the last few years.
I mostly booked SL for convenience, so I guess I'll stick with it and hope for the best!
While SL is not my favorite CL, I would still definitely stay CL there over non CL, no debate needed!

I do agree with @ninafeliz I normally would not express any negativity, but I was disappointed in the staff. But the food was excellent and it’s always so nice to have drinks within a few steps of you at all times! It is an upgrade and I definitely would keep it! Just make sure you gravitate towards the cast members with smiles on their faces 😂

We are staying CL at the Gran Destino Tower for Christmas week. When I booked the CM said they would email me to see if I needed help with anything, so I am just wondering what would they help us with? I've never stayed CL before, so I'm not sure what to expect. Also, I heard you could pay for additional fast passes if you are staying CL. Is that true?

We are staying CL at the Gran Destino Tower for Christmas week. When I booked the CM said they would email me to see if I needed help with anything, so I am just wondering what would they help us with? I've never stayed CL before, so I'm not sure what to expect. Also, I heard you could pay for additional fast passes if you are staying CL. Is that true?
They can help with pretty much anything you'd normally book yourself.
I personal book myself but others like to let the CL staff handle it

Extra paid FP thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...purchase-program-planning-discussion.3657573/

Just curious, to anyone who has stayed at GDT - did you see many kids? Same number as other CL areas? I read a review that the food, etc. seemed like it was trying to cater to conference attendees and other adults, and I was wondering if kids were in the minority or would be made to feel unwelcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter