Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Do you remember if BC CL has a dedicated bar-type area with a CM for beer and wine when it comes out for evening service? I assume earlier in the day you can just ask any lounge CM, but I haven't been able to figure out if it's like that in the evening as well.
Yes, BC is one that pours for you. When it comes out it's put on a cart with a CM manning it

Wait, what????!!! When did the Mickey Waffles go away? I swear I saw a vlog review of SL from within the last couple of months that still had the waffles being offered every other morning? That might actually change my husband's willingness to pay more to switch to SL! Which sounds like a completely ridiculous deal breaker but...here we are.

Both WL CL and RPC are completely booked for our dates (or were last time I checked), but they're both on my list! Our dates overlap with marathon weekend and while running on vacation is not my jam at all, I've heard that CLs are really popular with the runDisney folks, so that is probably why I'm not seeing much CL availability. We did contemplate booking a regular room at WL and trying to add on CL access at check-in, but I didn't want to risk the off chance that it wouldn't be available when we got there, and I also wanted to try out the CL paid fastpasses for a few of our days, which obviously wouldn't be an option in that case.

I think the Mickey waffles were taken away from SL sometime around June. We stayed at RPC in June then extended a day and stayed 1 night in SL. RPC had waffles most days (some days we didn’t eat breakfast so I can’t say every day for sure), and SL didn’t have them on our 1 morning. Around that time others were discussing it here, and I think someone actually asked a CM and were told they stoped them at SL.
I’m embarrassed to say I can’t remember for sure, but I feel like I might have overheard another guest asking during our one morning and being told they had stopped them recently at SL.

Here’s my original post from 7/3

FADBFA5D-052D-431E-989C-0A0E20C3AA16.jpeg

6DD8D825-88C6-45D7-9AA1-1BB361A14784.jpeg

But is that really that frowned upon in the non-self-serve CL now?

Just one voice among many here and different strokes for different folks, but I’ve stayed at them all and if not for reading it on this thread and seeing it was a concern for some, I would not have even thought twice about the self-serve vs pour yourself topic. Most of the day is still by request at most CLs anyways, so a few hours in the evening has never really impacted the experience for us (obviously places like GDT where’s it’s out most of the day are an exception to this statement). Not saying it doesn’t happen, but we’ve never experienced any frowning upon, judging, or anything that would come close to that. I enjoy chatting with CMs, so if they have to pour something for me, it’s just another time to have a quick chat. Obviously some are more personable than others.

Unfortunately I can’t speak specifically to your BC question as it’s a CL where I feel my experience is stale (2016), but I have stayed at YC CL several times over the past 2 years and it has quickly become a favorite for us. As others have mentioned - a huge part of that is location driven as that’s often what we decide on first, the CL part is just icing on the cake. And of course there’s the price part - the usually lower cost of the the Epcot resort CLs = more funds to enjoy the dining options at Epcot or around BC/YC/BWI.

Best of luck deciding.

Just one voice among many here and different strokes for different folks, but I’ve stayed at them all and if not for reading it on this thread and seeing it was a concern for some, I would not have even thought twice about the self-serve vs pour yourself topic. Most of the day is still by request at most CLs anyways, so a few hours in the evening has never really impacted the experience for us (obviously places like GDT where’s it’s out most of the day are an exception to this statement). Not saying it doesn’t happen, but we’ve never experienced any frowning upon, judging, or anything that would come close to that. I enjoy chatting with CMs, so if they have to pour something for me, it’s just another time to have a quick chat. Obviously some are more personable than others.

Unfortunately I can’t speak specifically to your BC question as it’s a CL where I feel my experience is stale (2016), but I have stayed at YC CL several times over the past 2 years and it has quickly become a favorite for us. As others have mentioned - a huge part of that is location driven as that’s often what we decide on first, the CL part is just icing on the cake. And of course there’s the price part - the usually lower cost of the the Epcot resort CLs = more funds to enjoy the dining options at Epcot or around BC/YC/BWI.

Best of luck deciding.

That is a good point about the savings - what we would spend on upgrading to a different resort CL could just as easily be well spent on a couple of extra dining reservations, snacking in World Showcase, etc. I was already feeling anxious about this trip after we had to cancel our Halloween dates and I had to quickly get the new dates booked before CL availability dried up and our FP booking window opened, so I am probably just overthinking this and making things harder for myself that they need to be!

You must have posted this while I was typing my novel! So I'm guessing you would be a no vote for switching to SL? 😀

Oh yes you're right - I posted before seeing your post! I'd probably always pick either YC CL or BC CL over GF SL, but that's more a personal taste thing. We didn't really have a "bad" experience at SL, but we love GF RPC so much that it was difficult to not compare. In choosing a CL, my first choice would be GF RPC or YC CL nowadays. A split stay is our favorite way so that we can experience both MK resort and Epcot resort in same trip.

As far as your concerns about BC CL, they are legit concerns that I read about from others too. When my kids were younger, we were also concerned about getting a full balcony and it's always a risk at BC. We were mostly lucky in that regard over the years by making it a room request. As far as grumpy CM's, it's always a disappointment when they aren't helpful/friendly, but I can usually find at least one CM that I like dealing with. I've encountered both good and bad ones at every single CL. I agree with others that CM interaction can change drastically at the same resort from day to day and shift to shift.

The only problem we've had with alcohol service over the years happened right in the very beginning when they first started serving. Now, they seem "looser" about serving. I don't feel like I'm being judged (lol). I usually have 2 or so glasses of wine during the 5-7 app time. Sometimes I take one back to the room to save for later too. Mimosas in the morning can be fun too, and I've never had a problem requesting at any CL.

We are considering Coronado Springs Club Access. I have two concerns. It appears that there are no bathtubs. Is that true? Is CSR not very family friendly? Will it feel like we are on a vacation or a business trip? Thanks for any help.

We are considering Coronado Springs Club Access. I have two concerns. It appears that there are no bathtubs. Is that true? Is CSR not very family friendly? Will it feel like we are on a vacation or a business trip? Thanks for any help.

I can’t answer with authority on the tub question - we had a Deluxe Suite and it only had a shower (a really awesome shower, BTW). Hopefully someone can answer with certainty.

We were there with our 5 year old and didn’t feel the least bit out of place. Like any WDW resort and CL, you will always see families and groups of every age, young and old.

CS has a very large playground by the main pool as well as an arcade.

I will say, some of the aspects about GDT do feel geared more towards an adult crowd, in my opinion. It’s a bit like BWI CL in some respects. No dedicated kid’s table or cartoon TV in the lounge, nothing specifically geared towards kids for evening apps.

But I would not go so far as to say it’s not family friendly, if that makes sense.

We (me, my husband, our 2 boys who will be 9 and 6 on the trip) had to cancel our Halloween trip due to health issues, so to make up for that disappointment I booked a week BC CL for early January. At the time I booked I was mostly seeing positive reviews here and on various Disney blogs. But after catching up on this thread in the last couple of days, now it sounds like cranky CMs and being stingy with the wine are becoming common at BC/YC??? Has anyone else experienced that lately, or was it more of an unlucky fluke for the DISers who have spoken up recently?
We stayed BC CL in October and the CM's were friendly and helpful. They were never stingy with the wine when we asked for it. And when I asked a CM for a beer for my DH when the lounge was closed he could not have been happier to get it for us. We were very pleased with our experience.

As far as balconies go, you have a pretty good chance at getting a full balcony if you booked a standard view club level room. There are a few less full balconies for water view rooms, but overall, about 75% of club level rooms have a full balcony.
Do you remember if BC CL has a dedicated bar-type area with a CM for beer and wine when it comes out for evening service? I assume earlier in the day you can just ask any lounge CM, but I haven't been able to figure out if it's like that in the evening as well.
The wine and cordials was set out on a counter against the wall both times we were there this past February and October.
Yes, BC is one that pours for you. When it comes out it's put on a cart with a CM manning it
I've only been in the club lounge twice but they didn't use a cart when we were there.

We stayed BC CL in October and the CM's were friendly and helpful. They were never stingy with the wine when we asked for it. And when I asked a CM for a beer for my DH when the lounge was closed he could not have been happier to get it for us. We were very pleased with our experience.

As far as balconies go, you have a pretty good chance at getting a full balcony if you booked a standard view club level room. There are a few less full balconies for water view rooms, but overall, about 75% of club level rooms have a full balcony.

The wine and cordials was set out on a counter against the wall both times we were there this past February and October.
I've only been in the club lounge twice but they didn't use a cart when we were there.
Cart. Counter. Point is they serve. Not self serve. Where they serve it from makes no difference at all

I can’t answer with authority on the tub question - we had a Deluxe Suite and it only had a shower (a really awesome shower, BTW). Hopefully someone can answer with certainty.

We were there with our 5 year old and didn’t feel the least bit out of place. Like any WDW resort and CL, you will always see families and groups of every age, young and old.

CS has a very large playground by the main pool as well as an arcade.

I will say, some of the aspects about GDT do feel geared more towards an adult crowd, in my opinion. It’s a bit like BWI CL in some respects. No dedicated kid’s table or cartoon TV in the lounge, nothing specifically geared towards kids for evening apps.

But I would not go so far as to say it’s not family friendly, if that makes sense.
Thank you for responding and the info.

Thanks for posting this! We're trying the CR for the first time in December. Like you, we always avoided it as the theming never appealed to us, but CL has been on my list to try after reading positive reviews. We are only there for a few days right before Christmas and while I don't really have the desire to stay there for a week or more, I'm excited to try it out for a few nights :goodvibes.
Prior to our first stay at CR, I would say that was my least desired deluxe resort to stay at. We booked a kind of last minute trip and that was the only CL resort available. We LOVED it. We will be staying for the 3rd time in early December. I hope you have a great trip and maybe you will find yourself a “new” fave resort. I know I did!

The end of June they stopped them at SL! They are now only serving them in RPC. Disappointing 😕

I can understand this: the waffles are extremely popular and it just might be logistics. They probably had people complaining about availability at SL because it's more crowded. Easier to get rid of it.

I rarely post on DISboards because usually whatever question I have has already been asked by someone else and I'm able to find the answer, but the recent posts about BC CL are really causing me to rethink our upcoming stay, and I could use some reassurance/guidance! 🤣😭

We (me, my husband, our 2 boys who will be 9 and 6 on the trip) had to cancel our Halloween trip due to health issues, so to make up for that disappointment I booked a week BC CL for early January. At the time I booked I was mostly seeing positive reviews here and on various Disney blogs. But after catching up on this thread in the last couple of days, now it sounds like cranky CMs and being stingy with the wine are becoming common at BC/YC??? Has anyone else experienced that lately, or was it more of an unlucky fluke for the DISers who have spoken up recently?

The only other CL availability for that week is GF SL and Poly. I stayed at GF non-CL when I was a kid and we've visited the resort as a family on more recent trips, and we do like the grounds and location. We've stayed at the Poly both CL and non-CL and we really love it there for many reasons. However, switching to Poly CL would be about $1500 more than BC, even with the Gift of Magic discount, and that price is soooooo difficult for us to justify no matter how much we love it. So we were looking at GF SL since it is "only" about $700 more than BC with the discount, the food offerings look a bit more substantial than other CL and they do have the additional tea service in the afternoon, rooms are obviously bigger than BC and I do like knowing that I will have a real balcony rather than the Juliet balconies that half the rooms at BC have. But then once I started thinking about making the switch and looking for more recent SL reviews, I'm seeing complaints that they're stingy with beer & wine there too???

I'm not looking to get hammered every night of my trip, but it's also vacation, and we're paying extra for the food AND beverages! My husband and I like to have a glass or two of wine or a couple of beers in the evenings and the occasional breakfast mimosa, which doesn't seem too crazy to me. But is that really that frowned upon in the non-self-serve CL now? Poly CL is obviously self-serve so we never had a problem grabbing a beer or POGmosa when we felt like it. I talked to my husband about my concerns and he said he's ok with switching if it will make me feel less anxious and if I think it will be a better overall experience for our family, but he also said he will have no problem bringing it up with the CMs if we do encounter problems. But...I also feel like we shouldn't have to do that, and that is not going to make for a very relaxed or enjoyable vacation if it is a hassle to get a glass of wine with evening apps.

Anyone else have recent experiences at BC or SL and want to chime in? Please and thank you!
I would rarely base a stay on food choices or CM reports, because it is so variable. I have had the odd CM here and there who was not helpful, but mostly, they are. I think we all go to Disney with the expectation that our stay will be magical and carefree. When something goes wrong, I think it is more jarring than if it happened in real life. As a result, we stand there, dumbstruck, and don't know what to do (at least that's me).

Go in expecting nice service, and if something doesn't go the right way, just be prepared to be a little assertive. All of the CMs are not excellent. If you run across one who isn't, help show them what is expected and I'm sure you will be taken care of.

That being said, I vote for self-serve over being 'served' in the lounge. It's easier and more relaxing for me. I will give credit to RPC where the pours were always generous and no one was judging.

I was adding white wine to my adultPOG at Poly once. I know it is already alcoholic but mostly juice and it was too sweet for me. One of the CMs looked startled and said, 'you know, there is already alcohol in that'. I said, 'yes, I know'. You would have thought I was adding vodka to it.

At BWI, it was self serve at the time, but the bottles in those clay cooler things were all empty. In that case I think servers are better because they would be replacing empty bottles. I started taking them out of the coolers and leaving them on the counter so they would replace them.

So all the lounges have their glitches at times.

ps I must sound terrible but my limit is usually 2 white wines.

I can see why you would be getting nervous just based on reading this thread, but I will say don't worry just based on what we are all writing here! I know when I write about a negative experience that I had related to a CL, it is still a very tiny event in what overall is a great trip, just the fact that we address it and others then chime in makes it seem larger and more important!

Each resort and CL has drawbacks and benefits, and rarely do all of the benefits line up to point anyone just to one CL :-) .

As for alcohol, I wouldn't worry at all about that. They all have it and it is always available in essentially unlimited amounts. Sure, it's nicer to serve yourself and I certainly won't argue that they shouldn't appear to judge, but in the grand scheme who cares!

:thumbsup2

I think I would pick which resort I wanted to be at. The resort itself with it’s amenities & location are more important to me than if a CM I might encounter for a few minutes here & there is a little grumpy looking or not magical enough.

I agree ;).

Prior to our first stay at CR, I would say that was my least desired deluxe resort to stay at. We booked a kind of last minute trip and that was the only CL resort available. We LOVED it. We will be staying for the 3rd time in early December. I hope you have a great trip and maybe you will find yourself a “new” fave resort. I know I did!

Thanks for your post! Glad you had a great first stay and are going back for a 3rd time! The CR atmosphere/decor isn't my favorite, but it will be nice to finally try it out. I'm really looking forward to trying Atrium club. I hope your upcoming stay is just as great as the previous two :goodvibes.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the pour vs non pour CL's. I have never felt anyone judging how much we drank... just the opposite in the YC and RPC our glasses rarely got empty before a CM came by to refill them. We have also had them refilled by a CM at the BWI and Poly where it is self serve. We have been asked many times if we wanted anything whenever we went to the lounge during off times. For the PP that asked about BC I can't speak specifically about the BC because we have never stayed there. It seems like I am in the minority but I like them to pour for me...I have to pour my own at home, I'm on vacation I want someone else to pour it. ETA they are very generous pours, much more than I would take if I was pouring myself.
The one thing that is rationed at the GF is the Mickey waffles, I asked for two once and got a dirty look but reluctantly was given two. I just go to Gaspies if I want Mickey waffles. I'm not a big fan of SL either but would not let the absence of Mickey waffles stop me from staying there, Gaspies is very close to SL.

Sigh, I'm so bummed that so many have had sort of "ho-hum" experiences at SL. This will be my first time staying there after 3 RPC stays, and this will be my first time at Disney in four years. So it's a big trip for me. Disney's prices have gone up so much, that this trip is a fortune compared to previous stays, considering it is only two of us for 5 days. The lounge is a huge part of the experience for us. RPC isn't available (but I do keep checking). I hope our stay goes well. I will be the first to admit that sub par service or cranky CM's get under my skin.

Sigh, I'm so bummed that so many have had sort of "ho-hum" experiences at SL. This will be my first time staying there after 3 RPC stays, and this will be my first time at Disney in four years. So it's a big trip for me. Disney's prices have gone up so much, that this trip is a fortune compared to previous stays, considering it is only two of us for 5 days. The lounge is a huge part of the experience for us. RPC isn't available (but I do keep checking). I hope our stay goes well. I will be the first to admit that sub par service or cranky CM's get under my skin.

Well after we had originally started discussed moving to SL a few days ago, my husband started thinking about it more and decided that he really wanted to make the switch and try out SL, and the GF in general, and he was fairly excited about SL. So that made the choice much easier for me! We will be there Jan 4-11, so hopefully that is before your trip and I can report back here with lots of positives.

I totally understand about the huge price increases in the last couple of years. We've done some Disneyland and non-Disney trips the last couple of years, so I wasn't fully prepared for the sticker shock when I was booking this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter