Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

My husband and I are going to WDW in December for a babymoon. We were able to find availability for Beach Club CL and Boardwalk CL--I am driving myself crazy trying to choose. Can I get some thoughts on which is better and why? Being pregnant, I am also interested in daily/weekly CL menus if anyone has them. Or if someone could tell me their opinions on either/both resort's food--specifically the 5-7pm offerings, I would greatly appreciate it! I tried reading some of the recent posts, but I didn't have time to scroll through a ton of pages. I apologize if I am repeating a frequently asked question!

My husband and I are going to WDW in December for a babymoon. We were able to find availability for Beach Club CL and Boardwalk CL--I am driving myself crazy trying to choose. Can I get some thoughts on which is better and why? Being pregnant, I am also interested in daily/weekly CL menus if anyone has them. Or if someone could tell me their opinions on either/both resort's food--specifically the 5-7pm offerings, I would greatly appreciate it! I tried reading some of the recent posts, but I didn't have time to scroll through a ton of pages. I apologize if I am repeating a frequently asked question!

I feel sort of partial to BC CL because it is the first one we ever tried. For me the food is better at BWI, although what is offered at BC is still very good, just maybe a little less variety and less upscale. The staff in both lounges are terrific but I think at BWI we felt like they were hovering over us at times when we really just wanted to relax and be left alone. BC is a nicer resort IMO. It feels smaller, the lobby is more impressive, the walk to Epcot is shorter, and SAB beats the pants off the clown pool. Both resorts are very popular and both have a devoted diehard fans, so I’m sure you’ll get lots of good answers. 😊

I saw that as well, but I still have trouble believing that they would close the entire Hawaii building for refurbishing.

A few years back, CR's Tower CL was BADLY in need of a refurb, and they shut it down for a while. Actually, they completely closed 2 floors of CR, including California Grill.

I don't recall all the details, but they went so far as to announce updates that never quite materialized. I'm working from memory here, but initially they talked about features like fitness equipment and spa showerheads, but they ultimately decided to keep the refurb more traditional.

[Just looked up dates: it looks like C Grill was closed 2/4/13 to 9/8/13; I think14th floor closure was about the same dates/length. ]

A few years back, CR's Tower CL was BADLY in need of a refurb, and they shut it down for a while. Actually, they completely closed 2 floors of CR, including California Grill.

I don't recall all the details, but they went so far as to announce updates that never quite materialized. I'm working from memory here, but initially they talked about features like fitness equipment and spa showerheads, but they ultimately decided to keep the refurb more traditional.

[Just looked up dates: it looks like C Grill was closed 2/4/13 to 9/8/13; I think14th floor closure was about the same dates/length. ]

I truly do wonder if this might be the case as I've never seen the entire club level filled so far out for so long. I guess time will tell! Maybe the rooms will magically open up at a later date. Who knows? The rooms are in need of a big "refreshing", imo. So I'm only sad that it will impact my next stay and not already be completed :)

One better. A video walkthrough
Finally watched it. I wish the Cr hospitality suite got updated. This is so much nicer!

Poly cl chatter: I was in the lounge just after it was updated in 2013. Since then they have removed sofas and large chairs from the front window. They changed the smaller tables and chairs 3rd floor. Now I noticed (last week) that they brought the sofa tables down from upstairs and use them for the kids area and toaster section.

The adult beverages used to be by the coffee maker and now over on the morning service counter.

Keeps changing but they keep trying to help with traffic flow.

We like BC better. the main reason we like BC better is because we found BWK too sprawling.

In general, we find the 5-7pm offerings somewhat similar across all CL's, but menu changes happen often and without warning. (see recent postings about sunscreen!) So even if someone provides a menu, it might not be what you see. Menus change seasonally, when chefs move, and CM's have told us supply chains are randomly sporadic. Further, other guests might eat all the XXX. Staff might bring a different item, or they might not. Posted photos will give you good idea of options. Cheese, bread, whole fruits, and raw veggies are offered every day at every CL.

EVERYONE HERE should also know: the staff can't re-serve food. Anything left at the end of a shift just gets tossed (or maybe gets donated to a farm). Late in any shift, CM's stop replenishing food, especially late at night and when the lounge is empty.

I recently talked to a CM as she was cleaning up, and she confirmed she was about to toss the food she was gathering. I said I'd be happy to take all the goldfish crackers, and she was very happy to help me have them. Another night, oh - the CM was about to toss a whole tray of VERY fine chocolate truffles! Luckily, I averted the tragedy that night! We very happily took them to our room and ate them 24 hours later!

That said, if you have special dietary needs, just tell the staff upon arrival. I'm not sure how to word this, because I don't want to tell you what to do, but you have multiple options. At all dining, folks with food allergies and other special needs have multiple options. If you just want the server to note it (= chefs make sure no cross contamination) that's one option. Another is just to go it alone. Many QS carry prepackaged items, for example. Another option is to talk to the chef personally to discuss one's dietary needs/restrictions. If you opt to talk to a chef, they are usually fantastic about discussing all of your needs and options they have.

Last edited:
Question about Poly Club level...does anyone know if they have soy or almond milk for coffee? I am trying to eliminate dairy from my diet due to some health issues. It is not an allergy or anything, so it’s not a big deal. I can have dairy while I’m there and I’ll be fine. Just curious.

Question about Poly Club level...does anyone know if they have soy or almond milk for coffee? I am trying to eliminate dairy from my diet due to some health issues. It is not an allergy or anything, so it’s not a big deal. I can have dairy while I’m there and I’ll be fine. Just curious.
I can't quite answer your question, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some in gift shops, especially DVC hotels w/ groceries. I think most food courts, too. Folks on the DISabilities section can likely provide more specifics. I'm positive Universal's Aventura carries an array of milks (though that probably doesn't help much unless you happen to be staying at Universal.)

Another option is to pack shelf stable milk boxes in your checked luggage. I pack liquids in large Ziplocs, generally with great success. Capped bottles sometimes leak a little, but no milk/juice/water boxes to date.

I feel sort of partial to BC CL because it is the first one we ever tried. For me the food is better at BWI, although what is offered at BC is still very good, just maybe a little less variety and less upscale. The staff in both lounges are terrific but I think at BWI we felt like they were hovering over us at times when we really just wanted to relax and be left alone. BC is a nicer resort IMO. It feels smaller, the lobby is more impressive, the walk to Epcot is shorter, and SAB beats the pants off the clown pool. Both resorts are very popular and both have a devoted diehard fans, so I’m sure you’ll get lots of good answers. 😊
We like BC better. the main reason we like BC better is because we found BWK too sprawling.

In general, we find the 5-7pm offerings somewhat similar across all CL's, but menu changes happen often and without warning. (see recent postings about sunscreen!) So even if someone provides a menu, it might not be what you see. Menus change seasonally, when chefs move, and CM's have told us supply chains are randomly sporadic. Further, other guests might eat all the XXX. Staff might bring a different item, or they might not. Posted photos will give you good idea of options. Cheese, bread, whole fruits, and raw veggies are offered every day at every CL.

EVERYONE HERE should also know: the staff can't re-serve food. Anything left at the end of a shift just gets tossed (or maybe gets donated to a farm). Late in any shift, CM's stop replenishing food, especially late at night and when the lounge is empty.

I recently talked to a CM as she was cleaning up, and she confirmed she was about to toss the food she was gathering. I said I'd be happy to take all the goldfish crackers, and she was very happy to help me have them. Another night, oh - the CM was about to toss a whole tray of VERY fine chocolate truffles! Luckily, I averted the tragedy that night! We very happily took them to our room and ate them 24 hours later!

That said, if you have special dietary needs, just tell the staff upon arrival. I'm not sure how to word this, because I don't want to tell you what to do, but you have multiple options. At all dining, folks with food allergies and other special needs have multiple options. If you just want the server to note it (= chefs make sure no cross contamination) that's one option. Another is just to go it alone. Many QS carry prepackaged items, for example. Another option is to talk to the chef personally to discuss one's dietary needs/restrictions. If you opt to talk to a chef, they are usually fantastic about discussing all of your needs and options they have.

Thank you both so much for taking the time to post your thoughts! Overall, I am tempted to go with Beach Club because we have never stayed there, and it seems like the better resort for us. Past trips at the BW I remember walking miles just to get to our room. But I have heard such great things about the food at BW CL---that's what was making me second guess my choice.

I made our final payment today (yay!) and started setting aside some things to pack.
24 days until we are relaxing in the BWI lounge. :flower:
Our trips much be very close to overlapping. We are there 5-11, with close family friends. So we'll be one of those "big groups" in the lounge. Something new to us, LOL
Usually just DH and I and we have a couple of special tables we are accustomed to using

I am there this weekend too. Just sat and sun for F&W. Its better than no disney time!

We had to cancel the Pres suite I had booked for Thanksgiving. My kids wanted to be HOME. Dd hasn't been home for that holiday in 3 years. Oh well.

YOU can send us pix at least, right???

Darn we will miss you again. We get in the day after Thanksgiving staying at the Hilton in Disney Springs for the night and moving to the YC on Saturday.

Although I have never stayed at the BC I would suggest it over the BWI. My biggest complaint about the BWI is that there are no inside restaurants other than the Bellevue Lounge for breakfast, which you will not need staying CL. You will have to go out on the boardwalk to dine...not a big deal in good weather but not so good if it is raining.

Our trips much be very close to overlapping. We are there 5-11, with close family friends. So we'll be one of those "big groups" in the lounge. Something new to us, LOL
Usually just DH and I and we have a couple of special tables we are accustomed to using
What fun, we arrive on the same day! If I see you in the lounge I'll say hello. :flower:

I almost forgot ! Sorry not neat.

Floors 3-7 have the end rooms 01-09/73-81
8 and 9 are missing the corners 01, 09,73,81
10-15no rooms in end wings .

Deluxe suite triangle are xx31,xx57
Rectangle version xx36,xx50
1br suite 9239,9247,9339,9347
Pres suites 9513, 9548

Hope helps someone . I can’t go to Disney without my map!!5C954262-FA1C-46BC-9550-138BBD7C098F.jpeg

My husband and I are going to WDW in December for a babymoon. We were able to find availability for Beach Club CL and Boardwalk CL--I am driving myself crazy trying to choose. Can I get some thoughts on which is better and why? Being pregnant, I am also interested in daily/weekly CL menus if anyone has them. Or if someone could tell me their opinions on either/both resort's food--specifically the 5-7pm offerings

When I last stayed at BWI CL, they had a lot of seafood for the hot dishes. As a pregnant person, you may also want to consider that the chef is inside the lounge preparing meals. The smells can be overwhelming.

I saw that as well, but I still have trouble believing that they would close the entire Hawaii building for refurbishing. But maybe??? And this is over a year from now, so I would certainly hope the room refurbs do not take that long!! Now...could they be tearing Hawaii down to put in that lazy river? I could believe that. And maybe they would build a new concierge building over by the luau area/beach. I could see that. But that's a pretty wild speculation on my part with nothing to back it up other than that Hawaii building is showing NO availability for 2 months next fall. :P
So, if Hawaii is closed for an extended period, where would they house the CL guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter