Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Poly CL continued....

5-7 Appetizers....not so great for us. Granted, we were only there for 2 nights of the offerings. But Poly still uses the tiny plates with tiny portions of rather fancy food. .....

One nugget on each plate!! With sweet and sour smeared on top.
View attachment 415796

Someone needs to alert them that this is lame! And the sauce does not negate the lame! One chicken nugget on a plate, I'm embarrassed for them.

Is CSR hard to book now? I put in a couple of January 2020 dates and there is zero availability.

I don't think so but I did check and early January 2020 is very busy at CSR. It is a business focused resort and holds lots of conventions / meetings. Try looking later in the month. January is a big business focused month since WDW has much better weather than most of the US during winter.

I found lots of options for a quick 1/19-25 search.

Dave

I don't think so but I did check and early January 2020 is very busy at CSR. It is a business focused resort and holds lots of conventions / meetings. Try looking later in the month. January is a big business focused month since WDW has much better weather than most of the US during winter.

I found lots of options for a quick 1/19-25 search.

Dave
Didn't realize that. I was finding times near Christmas but not early January.

But aren’t they intended to be pre dinner canapés rather than meal substitutes?
No they are intended for whatever the person consuming them wants them to be. They are on small plates as they make them like Tapas. Which are on small plates. There's no limit put on them so I've never let plate size concern me. Besides, they'll give you a bigger plate if you ask. Tray's too, if that helps.

Wow, all I'm reading about the Poly- from the obvious attempts to limit portions to long lines out the door and people not being able to sit is taking them off my list of possible future CL stays. They YC was very quiet and calm not at all crowded. They never did anything that made me think they were trying to portion control- which is what they are absolutely doing when they plate a single chicken nugget.

I've been reading reviews for a while and Poly CL does tend to get its fair share of reviews indicating "crowded, loud." Also, holidays are tough on these lounges. We had issues during Memorial Day at BWI, which is one of the quietest and nicest, with crowds and lack of seating. When they are running at 100% and everyone is at the lounge, there just isn't room for everyone. They know how many people are coming, so I wish they would bring some overflow tables and chairs when the bookings are at capacity.

I've been reading reviews for a while and Poly CL does tend to get its fair share of reviews indicating "crowded, loud." Also, holidays are tough on these lounges. We had issues during Memorial Day at BWI, which is one of the quietest and nicest, with crowds and lack of seating. When they are running at 100% and everyone is at the lounge, there just isn't room for everyone. They know how many people are coming, so I wish they would bring some overflow tables and chairs when the bookings are at capacity.
Poly was not a good experience for us either. Lounge stayed too crowded, and lots of kids not being told to use inside voices or evidently, ever been let out to eat in public, LOL and I wasn't there on a holiday. Shortly after one but heck, if you tried to avoid around Holiday's or a few days after one you'd have no time left to go, just about. LOL

The only times I've struggled at BWI was when there was a huge party there, like 20 in 1 extended family. Obviously they all wanted to eat at the same time and that did put a huge stress on seating. Otherwise we always find a seat but I don't eat breakfast before park openings so that likely helps a lot.

This is one reason I love the YC. There seems to be a bit older, more laid back crowd with fewer children. Granted, I always have a 7 yr old, but he knows to speak quietly and is never left to run. I made him stand in the hallway once after we had returned from the pool ( I hadn’t swam) because he was in his swimsuit. Most mornings he didn’t even see the lounge as I went and got food for us. When he did get to come in, I fixed his plate, he just got to tell me what he wanted. I’m not having a 7 yr old dribble food everywhere. lol I can’t abide unruly children, especially my own. Then again, I just have one so it’s easier for me.

I'm wondering about a couple things with regards to Gran Destino Tower (x-post warning to anyone also following the Coronado Springs thread ;) )
1) the "tower Deluxe Suite- Club Access" room is the one with half bath, sofa bed/living area, sliding door to close off the King bedroom with the full bath? the "Deluxe Suite" vs "One bedroom suite" is confusing me and leads into my second question
2) if there is a sliding door on the deluxe suite is it sound-proof enough to block out snoring or low level conversation?

I'm wondering about a couple things with regards to Gran Destino Tower (x-post warning to anyone also following the Coronado Springs thread ;) )
1) the "tower Deluxe Suite- Club Access" room is the one with half bath, sofa bed/living area, sliding door to close off the King bedroom with the full bath? the "Deluxe Suite" vs "One bedroom suite" is confusing me and leads into my second question
2) if there is a sliding door on the deluxe suite is it sound-proof enough to block out snoring or low level conversation?
That’s why I’m booking it , so I hope so!

I have stayed at CSR in the past and I liked the sliding doors for the bathroom.

They were a little tricky because the closed in the center where this one goes across .

I saw a Disney rep say the room on the video was a deluxe. Said 44 of them. I’m booked for October .

Here that Disney official vs travel agency preview:

I am thinking they are scattered and MAY have different configurations, yet still have basic set up. The building has lots of corners/angles.

Sorry if this question has been covered multiple times already, but we will be staying at BWI CL in September. Since there is no true quick service restaurant inside the resort is it worth it to get the refillable mug? And considering we will have access to the Innkeepers Club Lounge. They came in handy last year at POFQ for coffee and tea. However, couldn't we just bring our own coffee mugs for mornings? Or would this be frowned on? Tia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!