Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yes, I agree with this, too. Especially at the BC where you would expect lots of families with 5 people in them. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the smaller room is definitely fine with many people (just not us). I am curious why they left the BWI alone, though. The rooms are exactly the same size, I think.
I’m afraid someday I’ll pop on or try to book and learn that changed also, and it seems likely to happen to me based on the BC/YC and the fact that the rooms are the same size. We’re staying there this summer, so at least we’ll have done that one also if they change the occupancy there as well. One thing, I’m kind of figuring the BWI deluxe rooms will stay CL, unlike the BC, because aren’t some of them behind CL doors and another just steps away from the doors? I hope so, as long as they stay we will still be able to occasionally stay CL at WL and BWI once our twins turn 3 and we need to have a room that allows 6 :scared1:. I’m not paying for 2 CL rooms or a suite unless they have some pretty serious price declines :laughing::laughing:

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level for the first time in April. I read online that there are room refurbishments happening, is it noisy when hanging out in the room? We are planning a day to relax on our balcony and watch the animals and hearing construction will ruin that.

Also, what type of food is offered in the lounge?

I’m afraid someday I’ll pop on or try to book and learn that changed also, and it seems likely to happen to me based on the BC/YC and the fact that the rooms are the same size. We’re staying there this summer, so at least we’ll have done that one also if they change the occupancy there as well. One thing, I’m kind of figuring the BWI deluxe rooms will stay CL, unlike the BC, because aren’t some of them behind CL doors and another just steps away from the doors? I hope so, as long as they stay we will still be able to occasionally stay CL at WL and BWI once our twins turn 3 and we need to have a room that allows 6 :scared1:. I’m not paying for 2 CL rooms or a suite unless they have some pretty serious price declines :laughing::laughing:
Half of the deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor by the lounge (I think three are past the doors?) and the other half are on the third floor. So there will be at least three they can't move out of Club Level. I didn't want to spring for two CL rooms, either, and my family didn't want to be in two rooms anyway, so I'm really grateful for the bigger room now that they are all "technically" grown-ups.:rotfl2:I think I'm going to put in a request for the third floor because the balcony is bigger, but I won't complain if I'm on the 4th floor by the lounge, either!

People who aren't totally sold on the idea of Club Level sometimes complain that the rooms are exactly the same as non-club rooms. This is one time where that is not true- so I'd hope that Disney sees the wisdom in keeping a nicer room at a higher level of service. It's only logical- but hey, it's Disney we're talking about so who knows!

Last edited:
Half of the deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor by the lounge (I think three are past the doors?) and the other half are on the third floor. So there will be at least three they can't move out of Club Level. I didn't want to spring for two CL rooms, either, and my family didn't want to be in two rooms anyway, so I'm really grateful for the bigger room now that they are all "technically" grown-ups.:rotfl2:I think I'm going to put in a request for the third floor because the balcony is bigger, but I won't complain if I'm on the 4th floor by the lounge, either!

People who aren't totally sold on the idea of Club Level sometimes complain that the rooms are exactly the same as non-club rooms. This is one time where that is not true- so I'd hope that Disney sees the wisdom in keeping a nicer room at a higher level of service. It's only logical- but hey, it's Disney we're talking about so who knows!

You have some very good points. I hadn't thought about the CL rooms being the same as regular rooms, because the first time I stayed CL I had no idea what to expect - it was just a suggestion from a CM when I called to look into booking a better room once when we had a SV Poly room booked. We asked about TPV and he suggested we try Poly CL as an upgrade, and from then then it's history! We were hooked. But now that I think about it, it would seem reasonable that the CL rooms themselves have something to make them nicer and stand out from the non CL rooms in the resorts. I think we should suggest that for rooms in any new builds! Of course, then they would make the price reflect that plus some and I would never be able to book them :sad2:. The deluxe rooms do fit that criteria, so I guess the WL, BWI, and BC (but now they aren't CL which irritates me) have what we're talking about. Plus they will allow those of us that need rooms for 6 to both have one room and have CL - those options are very limited! Do any other resorts have CL rooms that sleep 6 that aren't suites? Or even deluxe rooms that aren't CL, like the BC? I also agree, we really don't want 2 rooms. Honestly, at this stage in our lives (with all 4 kids fairly young), if we booked 2 rooms and they couldn't give us connecting or at least adjoining if we were in a room with a daybed we would probably all sleep in one of the rooms anyway. I'm not splitting up from my DH on his hard earned vacation even if Disney does say we should be willing to since we're 2 adults and thus don't have to be connecting! OTOH, maybe he would prefer if HE took the second room and left me and the kids in the first - that might be more of an actual vacation for him!:rotfl:

As far as the BWI deluxe CL rooms I *think* we're safe that at least half of them will stay CL, even if they dropped the CL access from the ones on the 3rd floor. I think even Disney would have a difficult time saying your room is past the CL door and you need keyed access, but sorry, you're room isn't considered CL so you can't partake in the lounge or talk to the CMs you pass to get to your room! Don't even look at the lounge if you walk by it lol! But as you said it is Disney, so who knows!

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level for the first time in April. I read online that there are room refurbishments happening, is it noisy when hanging out in the room? We are planning a day to relax on our balcony and watch the animals and hearing construction will ruin that.

Also, what type of food is offered in the lounge?
Disney generally goes out of their way to keep noise and disruption to a minimum. That said, it is possible you could hear some work during the day.

I don't really think any of us can really answer as to what level of noise would 'ruin' your personal ability to relax, because that answer is too subjective.

I can't imagine Disney ever terrorizing the animals with loud noises, if that's the level of noise you are imagining. I once Stayed at AKL while the lobby was being refurbished. When we walked through the lobby, the work wasn't 100% silent, but I don't recall hearing much of anything from our room. Once, when we stayed at CR, the room next to use had some sort of problem that required a fan/blower, likely water damage of some kind. We could barely hear it, except when we walked in the hallway.

In my experience, the worst WDW hotel noise pollution comes from other guests: excited children, a guest playing guitar on their balcony.

Oh, and well....most lounges have tv's that are too intrusive. A little local news, with traffic and weather is okay. Highly political cable news covering terrible tragedies, UGH! The same Disney song over and over every day, UGH! (happens often) A Disney movie, better, but still a distraction/noise we don't need. I want to be in the moment. I go to WDW to vacation. I want to think about sun and fun!

My most recent AKL CL stay was several years ago, so I can't comment on current food offerings.

Last edited:
Personally, I have never minded construction. Disney generally goes out of their way to keep noise and disruption to a minimum. That said, it is possible you could hear some work during the day.

I don't really think any of us can really answer as to what level of noise would 'ruin' your personal ability to relax, because that answer is too subjective.

I can't imagine Disney ever terrorizing the animals with loud noises, if that's the level of noise you are imagining. I was once Stayed at AKL while the lobby was being refurbished. when we walked through the lobby, the work wasn't 100% silent, but I don't recall hearing much of anything from our room. Once, when we stayed at CR, the room next to use has some sort of problem that required a fan/blower, likely water damage of some kind. We could barely hear it.

In my experience, the worst WDW hotel noise pollution comes from other guests: excited children, a guest playing guitar on their balcony.

Oh, and well....most lounges have tv's that are too intrusive. A little local news, with traffic and weather is okay. Highly political cable news covering terrible tragedies, UGH! The same Disney song over and over every day, UGH! (happens often) A Disney movie, better, but still a distraction/noise we don't need. I want to be in the moment. I go to WDW to vacation. I want to think about sun and fun!

I’m fine with the news being on... as long as it’s the channel I want to watch :laughing: I’d love it if they’d play the resort channels, Disney music or the ‘Must Do Disney’ show.

Maybe I am cynical, but I feel the move from Disney is to limit the number of people utilizing the lounge. If every room was maxed at 5 (I know, not very likely) then Disney would remove about 75 people on the 5th floor at BC. It would also push some people into two rooms or a suite if they really wanted the CL perks OR into a standard room that holds 5 people the same exact way and require people to pay for additional meals and snacks. If the standard BC rooms were laid out differently or had a larger square footage I could understand the change. However, they have the same issue accommodating 5. If anything, CL would allow that 5th guest spread out in the lounge.

Once families realize the convenience of CL they see the value. And you are getting breakfast and snacks for a small additional fee when room capacity is maximized (zero fee for under 18s). So I'm sure it's a way of limiting the lounge numbers.

However, I don't see how they can limit CL rooms to 4 when regular rooms still have capacity for 5 and are the same size, and not expect to get some negative feedback. But I'm sure they don't care. They can kind of get away with 'improving guest experience' as the lounge will be more exclusive.

When I was at YC in January, there were only like 13? rooms occupied, and the lounge did get crowded at peak times. So it's likely problematic when they are at full capacity.

Half of the deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor by the lounge (I think three are past the doors?) and the other half are on the third floor. So there will be at least three they can't move out of Club Level. I didn't want to spring for two CL rooms, either, and my family didn't want to be in two rooms anyway, so I'm really grateful for the bigger room now that they are all "technically" grown-ups.:rotfl2:I think I'm going to put in a request for the third floor because the balcony is bigger, but I won't complain if I'm on the 4th floor by the lounge, either!!

The 4th floor deluxe room that we stayed in was by the door to the CL area, but outside. That was a few years ago now, so they may have moved the check in desk for the CL to include those rooms?

We have never stayed in the 3rd floor rooms, but I imagine that they are also outside the CL area.

I'm having trouble getting a specific lunch reservation for June. I've had Touring Plans reservation finder running on it for a week or so now and no luck. Would it be advantageous to ask signature services (or whatever it is they call themselves now) to look for it or is it just as good or better to simply keep Touring Plan's page looking?

I'm having trouble getting a specific lunch reservation for June. I've had Touring Plans reservation finder running on it for a week or so now and no luck. Would it be advantageous to ask signature services (or whatever it is they call themselves now) to look for it or is it just as good or better to simply keep Touring Plan's page looking?
You can certainly ask, and you never know, but I would expect to have better luck with touringplans. You can also try ***********. So far I have always been able to get an ADR I want using those, but sometimes if they are hard to get ones it takes a while. If you haven't had luck and are able/willing to change on the fly, I have found so much opens up the day before when people cancel to avoid the charge. I had 2 *********** searches set up for our trip last october and never cancelled them, and I finally had to go in and do it because my phone and watch were dinging constantly at all hours of the day and night from them finding availability while we were on the trip. I had already got and booked what we wanted, but had't bothered to go in and cancel the searches. I do have a paid option on ***********, I think possibly with the free one they don't keep searching unless you go in and tell them to.

Oops, I guess that business is on the naughty list.

The DSS team was able to help me tweak the time for one of my reservations (10:20am to 9am) at Chef Mickey. But they were not able to do anything with moving my SciFi reservation a little earlier. I think its worth asking. Worst thing they can say is no.

Good Luck!

You can certainly ask, and you never know, but I would expect to have better luck with touringplans.

The DSS team was able to help me tweak the time for one of my reservations (10:20am to 9am) at Chef Mickey. But they were not able to do anything with moving my SciFi reservation a little earlier. I think its worth asking. Worst thing they can say is no.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'd been working on getting the right BoG day/time but got that sorted out this morning. Amusingly the reservation I haven't gotten yet is for a Beaches and Cream lunch (we're staying CL BC) and I have multiple days selected even. We generally have good luck with TP finding things but the only one they've failed at is Beaches and Cream last year, I was hoping it'd be easier with just a party of 2 this time. Should have jumped on it faster.

Thanks! I'd been working on getting the right BoG day/time but got that sorted out this morning. Amusingly the reservation I haven't gotten yet is for a Beaches and Cream lunch (we're staying CL BC) and I have multiple days selected even. We generally have good luck with TP finding things but the only one they've failed at is Beaches and Cream last year, I was hoping it'd be easier with just a party of 2 this time. Should have jumped on it faster.
Beaches and cream is scheduled for a renovation. Maybe that is affecting your search?

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/beaches-cream-closing-for-three-month-refurb-beginning-in-august/

If your visit is earlier, keep an eye out each day of your trip. I've noted a surprising # of Beaches and cream ressies pop up the day before- probably to avoid dining charge.

When are you trying for? B&C is closing for renovations sometime in August I believe (not sure of the actual dates). B&C was one of the ones I had a search set up for that found tons of times opening up in the days prior! Choice times as well,not just 10:30 PM or something. If it's open I'm sure you'll find something even if you have to wait until the days prior. Also, with just 2 people, the counter where they sit walk ups wouldn't be bad and I've seen it empty in the hour or so after they open if you want lunch.

Yeah we're going in June so it isn't that. We'll be pretty flexible so hopefully one will pop up at some point. Between the CL lounge and the desert parties I have planned my friend may be so sick of sweets that she begs me not to go. :rotfl2:

Yeah we're going in June so it isn't that. We'll be pretty flexible so hopefully one will pop up at some point. Between the CL lounge and the desert parties I have planned my friend may be so sick of sweets that she begs me not to go. :rotfl2:
Honestly, I think the ice cream is much better on the other side of the boardwalk at Ample Hills. Sometimes it's nice to be able to go when you want to, and not be too tied to a reservation. Wishing you and your friend a wonderful trip! :flower:

Honestly, I think the ice cream is much better on the other side of the boardwalk at Ample Hills. Sometimes it's nice to be able to go when you want to, and not be too tied to a reservation. Wishing you and your friend a wonderful trip! :flower:

Thank you! We've only got two reservations for the week for just that reason.

Amusingly the reservation I haven't gotten yet is for a Beaches and Cream lunch (we're staying CL BC) and I have multiple days selected even.

This is my struggle now that I've switched to BC CL. Beaches and Cream is a tradition and we always start our trip off there when staying at BC/YC. With the upcoming refurb, it looks like we will have to skip it in October and probably December. I had booked a 2nd ADR just for onion rings and ice cream, but now I am trying to pick up a lunch for later in the week so I can cancel the pm ADR and utilize the CL lounge more. I am hoping I can get one last minute. I have TP looking, but I am also on top of it. Hopefully persistence prevails! The walk-up is nice, but just not the same.

This is my struggle now that I've switched to BC CL. Beaches and Cream is a tradition and we always start our trip off there when staying at BC/YC. With the upcoming refurb, it looks like we will have to skip it in October and probably December. I had booked a 2nd ADR just for onion rings and ice cream, but now I am trying to pick up a lunch for later in the week so I can cancel the pm ADR and utilize the CL lounge more. I am hoping I can get one last minute. I have TP looking, but I am also on top of it. Hopefully persistence prevails! The walk-up is nice, but just not the same.

We are doing the same thing this summer! My kids love B&C and are so upset they can’t go in November, so they asked if we can go twice during our summer trip! Luckily we booked them before they announced the refurb. But don’t give up, I’ve been able to get B&C the day of and even did a walk up last summer. Took about an hour, but if you really want it, it’s worth the wait! (They text you when you’re ready to be seated, so you can even walk around and come back!) Good luck!!!

We are doing the same thing this summer! My kids love B&C and are so upset they can’t go in November, so they asked if we can go twice during our summer trip! Luckily we booked them before they announced the refurb. But don’t give up, I’ve been able to get B&C the day of and even did a walk up last summer. Took about an hour, but if you really want it, it’s worth the wait! (They text you when you’re ready to be seated, so you can even walk around and come back!) Good luck!!!
It has looked pretty empty in there at 11am. If I can't get an ADR, I think that idea works well! We have no park plans until DAH so there will definitely be time :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter