Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Im not ure about all but if you look at the 5th floor facing the water it looks like they do. I had one in 2015 and all I could see had abalcony but there were more rooms on the other side I couldn't see from my room. I'd ask on BC thread, someone there may know.

The one we had also had a balcony. It was a good while ago, though, and I don't remember if that was the norm or not. We usually book standard view as I prefer a parking lot to a Storm Along Bay view.

Dec is a great time of year in WDW, IMO: SWGE won't be quite as 'new', Christmas decorations will be up, weather is not hot, MVMCP is available.

I agree, Disney at Christmas time is amazing! And AKL is an awesome resort that is beautifully decorated for the holidays :goodvibes.

I can’t book yet, but when I can this is where I will book.

You won't be disappointed. AKL is an awesome resort ;).

I especially love listening to the resort music at the Poly!! Just need a drink and a table and I could hang out for hours. :drinking1

The Poly is my favorite resort to just sit and relax! I was just there at the end of Oct and I miss it so much. I wish I was there right now :cloud9:.

yes, August's not gone yet, but it doesn't look good. I can't get flights for the CSR reservation dates that I have booked and I can't seem to get the CSR dates changed to match the available flights. Split stays aren't a good idea for a short trip anymore, IMO, so....perhaps we will just wait until we go in Dec.

I hope things work out and you are able to to go in August, but if not, I know you'll have a great time in Dec :wizard:.

These are NOT MY PICS, but we have some friends at Poly CL this week and they texted these from tonight.

Thanks for sharing the pics. It's hard to beat the Poly atmosphere, IMO. Hope your friends are having a great time :).

Just posting to see my ticker :flower1: I'm crashing two days of my sister's vacation at GF SL and just can't wait :yay:

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

Sadly, no. The last 2 nights (Friday/Saturday) were available with a discount, but the Wednesday and Thursday nights were not. I didn't want to do a triple split, and especially did not want to switch on Friday since all 4 of us will be up so early for the 5K and do not want to be orphaned between rooms. So we have a regular garden view room. I was checking constantly for months to see if CL opened, but have stopped checking.

Are ya'll at YC CL for Spring Break? Did you register for the Rival Run? DH is doing all 3 races!

I just realized I never responded to this, my bad. We’re not going the whole week, just the weekend - but have been s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g with resorts. C’mon Disney, why can’t you accommodate people who plan things at the last minute!? :laughing:

If interested, it may be worth asking at check-in if any CL rooms are available. I did that last summer when we planned a last minute night at YC - my reservation was non-CL but when I checked in I asked if CL was available understanding it would probably be at rack rate. The CM made a quick call and was able to move me to CL (and with an AP rate, so bonus) even though no CL rooms were available when I called to book. Granted that was only one night so it was probably easier to wedge us in, but you never know!

Hope you have a great time! Can you please take some food pictures for us if you have a chance?! Thanks!

Sure, I'll do my best! My sister and nieces have dining reservations, but I'm pretty much on my own (since I was late to the game!) so I'm planning to take full advantage of the lounge. And I just realized my little jumpy guy emoji seems broken - he looks like he's having a seizure :rolleyes1

Sure, I'll do my best! My sister and nieces have dining reservations, but I'm pretty much on my own (since I was late to the game!) so I'm planning to take full advantage of the lounge. And I just realized my little jumpy guy emoji seems broken - he looks like he's having a seizure :rolleyes1

Good for you! Enjoy it!!! (And I did notice the emoji earlier lol!)

I think that I know the answer to this question, but does BC have any NON-deluxe club level rooms that sleep 5? There’s a great rate on Orbitz right now that beats any Disney discount I can get with AP, GP or even bounceback, but I’m pretty sure only the deluxe rooms in the club water view category accommodate 5, correct?

I think that I know the answer to this question, but does BC have any NON-deluxe club level rooms that sleep 5? There’s a great rate on Orbitz right now that beats any Disney discount I can get with AP, GP or even bounceback, but I’m pretty sure only the deluxe rooms in the club water view category accommodate 5, correct?

No, you can get standard, non CL rooms that sleep 5. You would have 2 queens and a daybed in those rooms. Unfortunately, AFAIK, it's not a bookable room category and you can get a room with only 2 queen beds. If that happens, I understand that they will give you a daybed for the 5th person. It would be a tight fit, IMO, as the rooms without a daybed are smaller. If I booked a room for 5 people, I would request a room with a daybed. Also, if more than 2 adults are involved, you will be charged for the extra adults.

No, you can get standard, non CL rooms that sleep 5. You would have 2 queens and a daybed in those rooms. Unfortunately, AFAIK, it's not a bookable room category and you can get a room with only 2 queen beds. If that happens, I understand that they will give you a daybed for the 5th person. It would be a tight fit, IMO, as the rooms without a daybed are smaller. If I booked a room for 5 people, I would request a room with a daybed. Also, if more than 2 adults are involved, you will be charged for the extra adults.

Unfortunately in 2019 both the BC and YC Stopped allowing 5 guest in any of their standard club level room view categories. Prior to 2019 you could book 5 in a standard view CL room. There may be suites available that sleep more, but the price is $$$$! I was also under the impression the the deluxe rooms at the BC no longer included CL access, but I could be wrong about that.

We need a room that sleeps
5, so we booked the BWI CL this summer instead of the BC or YC once I figured this out. It is not a change I am fond of, I’m glad we were able to try both CLs before they did this.

ETA you can still book 5 in a regular non CL room, just not a CL one. On rereading Babsys post I think that is what she was referring to.

Unfortunately in 2019 both the BC and YC Stopped allowing 5 guest in any of their standard club level room view categories. Prior to 2019 you could book 5 in a standard view CL room. There may be suites available that sleep more, but the price is $$$$! I was also under the impression the the deluxe rooms at the BC no longer included CL access, but I could be wrong about that.

We need a room that sleeps
5, so we booked the BWI CL this summer instead of the BC or YC once I figured this out. It is not a change I am fond of, I’m glad we were able to try both CLs before they did this.

ETA you can still book 5 in a regular non CL room, just not a CL one. On rereading Babsys post I think that is what she was referring to.

Ahh, yes, I was referring to non CL. I misunderstood the post and thought that she was referring to non CL rooms as well. Now I realize that it was just not deluxe, but still CL, rooms. My bad. Sorry!

I can kind of see why they wouldn't have a 5-person room at CL in the YC/BC. It's a little tight for 5 people unless most of them are smaller children, if you know this and are okay with it no problem- but if this is your first time to CL at those resorts you might think the room was just too small and not really worth what you're paying. They do still have standard 5-person CL rooms at BWI.

In the end we switched to a deluxe club level room at BWI, which is larger and more pricey- but less expensive than 2 rooms. Standard Club Level would have worked if the kids were smaller but now they're all taller than I am!

Also, it's a bit of a gamble with 3rd party discounts and 5-person rooms. You have to make sure that the price includes all the people in your party- the quote is usually for two. And then, there is the small chance they wouldn't actually have room for 5 ppl. once you get there. We initially booked through Priceline and finally the rep there said it might not be a great idea and refunded all our money. I think it's pretty unlikely that Disney wouldn't accommodate you, but we don't get to WDW often and didn't want to take the chance.

We have a split stay over Memorial Day weekend with one night at BLT to use some points due to expire and two nights at BWI CL due to a wonderful discount rate. My challenge is the FP day and 180 ADR day for a family fall trip occur on the same morning. No stress there!

So with the new split stay FP changes it is doubtful I will get FOP unless I do the CL FP. We changed our flight to leave later on checkout day so it might now be feasible.

Will DSS book CL FP for our check in day even if we haven't checked in yet (checking out of BLT that morning )? That would be the only way it would work since that is the only way to get the three days required. This might be worth the cost to have less strees!

I can kind of see why they wouldn't have a 5-person room at CL in the YC/BC. It's a little tight for 5 people unless most of them are smaller children, if you know this and are okay with it no problem- but if this is your first time to CL at those resorts you might think the room was just too small and not really worth what you're paying. They do still have standard 5-person CL rooms at BWI.

In the end we switched to a deluxe club level room at BWI, which is larger and more pricey- but less expensive than 2 rooms. Standard Club Level would have worked if the kids were smaller but now they're all taller than I am!

Also, it's a bit of a gamble with 3rd party discounts and 5-person rooms. You have to make sure that the price includes all the people in your party- the quote is usually for two. And then, there is the small chance they wouldn't actually have room for 5 ppl. once you get there. We initially booked through Priceline and finally the rep there said it might not be a great idea and refunded all our money. I think it's pretty unlikely that Disney wouldn't accommodate you, but we don't get to WDW often and didn't want to take the chance.
Maybe I am cynical, but I feel the move from Disney is to limit the number of people utilizing the lounge. If every room was maxed at 5 (I know, not very likely) then Disney would remove about 75 people on the 5th floor at BC. It would also push some people into two rooms or a suite if they really wanted the CL perks OR into a standard room that holds 5 people the same exact way and require people to pay for additional meals and snacks. If the standard BC rooms were laid out differently or had a larger square footage I could understand the change. However, they have the same issue accommodating 5. If anything, CL would allow that 5th guest spread out in the lounge.

Maybe I am cynical, but I feel the move from Disney is to limit the number of people utilizing the lounge. If every room was maxed at 5 (I know, not very likely) then Disney would remove about 75 people on the 5th floor at BC. It would also push some people into two rooms or a suite if they really wanted the CL perks OR into a standard room that holds 5 people the same exact way and require people to pay for additional meals and snacks. If the standard BC rooms were laid out differently or had a larger square footage I could understand the change. However, they have the same issue accommodating 5. If anything, CL would allow that 5th guest spread out in the lounge.

I have to admit I assume that’s the reason until I hear something plausible to convince me otherwise. We had 6 people in a BC CL and YC CL room for a split stay last summer (kids were 8, 5, 1, 1) with 2 pack n plays and were fine. We had the same people with 2 pack n plays in the CBR and POR over New Years and fit with no problems. There are always people who feel like they can’t fit their family in a room that technically holds them, but there are also those like us who have no problem with close quarters for the duration of vacation. Honestly except for trying to find space for the suitcases since there isn’t drawer space to unpack, I felt there was plenty of room even in the moderates for all of us. Obviously huge rooms, like the Four Seasons or GWL are better, but these are fine. A CL room for 5 people is a much better “value” for the guest than if only 1 or 2 people are in it, particularly if there are only 2 adults. So that’s my long way of saying I agree it’s about money!

Yes, I agree with this, too. Especially at the BC where you would expect lots of families with 5 people in them. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the smaller room is definitely fine with many people (just not us). I am curious why they left the BWI alone, though. The rooms are exactly the same size, I think.

I am so sad to hear about the limit on 5 at YC and BC in the CL rooms! We’ve stayed CL so many times as a party of 5 at both of these resorts, and I have to think the only reason the change is to limit the number of people in the lounge as the rooms that sleep 5 are the exact same size as the rooms that sleep 5 in the non-club areas of the resort.

Another money grab by Disney. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!