Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have an upcoming five night GF RPC deluxe room stay (we have stayed there before). Hubby often looks at Poly CL longingly online (we have NOT stayed there before). Would it be worth hopping over to Poly CL for a night or two, or would we regret leaving RPC? Poly is definitely not as much of a match for us, but I'm curious... TIA!!! :thanks:
I agree with TJA. We too like to split an Epcot resort with a MK resort so we can center our park trips based off of where we’ll be. We love both Poly and GF but the convenience of the pool location and the lounge always wins over at Poly for my family. I prefer the food at GF though. Poly rooms are a little dark, GF are very bright but we really love the Poly theme. I say it’s definitely worth trying it out to see if you like it. A split stay may be the best way to do that!

Can any one tell me the difference in food offerings between sugar loaf and royal palm at GF? Both are within budget, but if food is the same SL is cheaper. Is it worth the extra for RP?

You'll find the food to be the same, but it's the ambiance you're paying extra for. In RPC, there is live music, relaxing atmosphere, and you have the luxury of being right in the main building. To us, RPC is worth the extra cost because we spend a lot of time there. However, we'd opt for SL if we had a lot of park plans and not as much resort/lounge time. So which CL we stayed at would just depend on what type of trip we had planned.

They’re actually the same at both!!
RPC is large and in the main building. There’s also a band playing music throughout the late afternoon into the evening while you eat. It’s a lovely place to be.
SL is in a separate building and is small by comparison. The advantage there is if you’re hanging out at the pools during the day, you can just run in and grab a drink or a snack, because it’s literally right across from the pools. I love GF and honestly feel you can’t go wrong with either. Good luck deciding!

Without wanting to sound like i have a problem, are the adult beverage offerings the same at both?

Okay planning an end of school trip with my 2 kids. I have 2 trips on hold at the moment, the full 9 nights at BWI CL or a split stay with 4 nights at YC CL and 5 at GF CL outside building. Which one would y’all pick?

In scrolling upward, I see I agree with all other posts about voting for the split stay. The 4 nights at YC CL will give you guys a great pool for the kids and walking paths to both Epcot and HS. Hard to beat that! But then move to GF and you'll get great views of MK plus the monorail and boat transportation. The best way for us to stay in Disney is one of these types of splits. Enjoy!

Without wanting to sound like i have a problem, are the adult beverage offerings the same at both?

LOL you want what you want, it’s understandable!! Beer, wine (red, white and sparkling), and champagne are available every day. I believe they even had hard cider. I think there was Bud Light, Stella and Angry Orchard. We can’t remember the other two. I’m sorry I didn’t take pictures of the specific drinks, but someone else might be able to share!

Editing to add pictures- found these online for you. If they’ve changed, someone please let me know...

A8F8E000-7DAE-4E32-9161-5B0FC499FB64.jpeg
0C7CCE96-DBF9-4AAC-B0E4-24C01A15D13A.jpeg

Last edited:

They got Kahula and Baileys also, and a few others......:drinking1......unless I’m there they might be running a bit short, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again but them Angry Orchards seem to translate to Happy Orchards after a few......:confused3.....must be some sort of magic bottling technique....:thumbsup2

Hopefully I don’t sound like I’ve enjoyed myself too much......:rotfl2:

They got Kahula and Baileys also, and a few others......:drinking1......unless I’m there they might be running a bit short, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again but them Angry Orchards seem to translate to Happy Orchards after a few......:confused3.....must be some sort of magic bottling technique....:thumbsup2

Hopefully I don’t sound like I’ve enjoyed myself too much......:rotfl2:

Yes! Thank you! I don’t drink any of the after dinner drinks, so I didn’t even think of them.

I do love split stays, but normally we split an Epcot resort with MK resort. I love both RPC and Poly CL, though! The things that draw us in at Poly CL are (1) the location of the CL building to both pools, and (2) the views from the lounge and our balcony. However, RPC dominates in CL food, ambiance, and the rooms for me. If I personally did that split, I'd opt to start at Poly CL for 2 nights, then move over to RPC for the final 3 nights.

@TJA , thanks for your reply and suggestions! :flower3: Sounds like Poly has some great features!

Lol, may be reading too much into your posts over time on this thread, but I think my advice would be to not leave RPC - and that’s coming from a Poly homer. I’m worried you’ll be at Poly looking longingly back over at GF! (I have the opposite experience when I’m at GF, part of me steals glances looking longingly back over at Poly, but Poly is a better match for us than GF).

On the other hand, I am a fan of a 1-2 night stay for something you’re worried about being a match - beats blowing a long stay on something you won’t end up liking.

Sometimes if you’re not high on something going in, that can set the tone for the stay. Sometimes it may surprise you. Hard to tell!

@GADisneyDad14 , uh-oh, you know me too well, haha! :rotfl:I trust your advice, especially considering you're a big Poly fan! I agree, though, that the split would be a good way to give Poly a try.

I agree with TJA. We too like to split an Epcot resort with a MK resort so we can center our park trips based off of where we’ll be. We love both Poly and GF but the convenience of the pool location and the lounge always wins over at Poly for my family. I prefer the food at GF though. Poly rooms are a little dark, GF are very bright but we really love the Poly theme. I say it’s definitely worth trying it out to see if you like it. A split stay may be the best way to do that!

@lala5176 , thanks for your input and your comparison of the two resorts, too! It would be fun to give Poly a try! I have a fun decision to make :goodvibes!

Quick ?...
Are sparkling wine/mimosas available at AKL CL morning service? Thanks!
we did a 5k fun run when we were there, finished the run, went straight up to the lounge still in our running gear, instead of the usual good morning sir, what can i get you, we were met with "you look like you need a mimosa". :-)

As an aside, they will make them with POG juice if you want.

we did a 5k fun run when we were there, finished the run, went straight up to the lounge still in our running gear, instead of the usual good morning sir, what can i get you, we were met with "you look like you need a mimosa". :-)

As an aside, they will make them with POG juice if you want.

The POG ones are my favorite. You can ask for one anytime that the lounge is open/staffed, not that I would know from experience or anything like that :drinking1.

I do love split stays, but normally we split an Epcot resort with MK resort. I love both RPC and Poly CL, though! The things that draw us in at Poly CL are (1) the location of the CL building to both pools, and (2) the views from the lounge and our balcony. However, RPC dominates in CL food, ambiance, and the rooms for me. If I personally did that split, I'd opt to start at Poly CL for 2 nights, then move over to RPC for the final 3 nights.

I agree with this. Both CLs are great in their own way and would be worth a split to try Poly CL, IMO. Since you haven't stayed Poly CL before, I also think it's a good idea to start with that and then move to RPC to finish your trip :).

I think if it’s something your DH has been wanting to try, you should do it for a few days if you can.

I agree ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter