Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

2 fold question - we just returned from a stay at GF in a TPV suite. Due to some major issues that were had they graciously have offered us 2 CL TPV nights as an apology.

I'm thinking I may just take my oldest (5 yr old) down for a mother/daughter quick trip for the Halloween party - which CL would you choose? Would you do September or October?

I'm thinking I may just take my oldest (5 yr old) down for a mother/daughter quick trip for the Halloween party - which CL would you choose? Would you do September or October?

I have been doing father/son and father/daughter quick MNSSHP trips for the last few years. Kids have been anywhere from 4-8 during those trips, so similar zone to you.

For those trips, I prefer to stay at a MK monorail resort for convenience to the party/MK. We did Poly one year, CR for several years, and GF last year. My preference is CR....can't be the walk-ability to/from the party. I sometimes describe CR as my "business trip" resort of choice.... I like staying there for a shorter stay with a specific purpose. A MNSSHP trip fits the bill perfectly.

We're not really fans of CR's pools with the ages of my kids so it's not a great resort choice for us on a longer stay, but for a shorter stay with less time swimming, it's perfect.

CR CL isn't the best CL out there, but they do many things well and we've had really good experiences there. You can have good and bad CM interactions anywhere, but I've personally had arguably the best service/friendliness from the CMs at CR CL when compared to other resorts. CR CL is an 'easy' CL as a solo parent - everything in the same building, lounge is close by, all rooms (whether TPV or standard view) have great views, etc. I will always be a fan of the resorts that give you MK fireworks viewing from the lounge and/or rooms - helps when you need to get the kids in bed early but you can still get a little Disney fix in for yourself.

We used to do early Sept party trips before having to worry about real school - the weather is still super hot (and you run the risk of hurricanes) but I liked the slightly less crowded parties that tend to happen very early in the month.

The last two years we had to do late Sept and early Oct trips around school fall breaks. Weather can be a little cooler (but might not be) and you're still in hurricane season but closer to the end. I did two parties this past year - one late Sept Friday night party that had me in the Grumpy camp because it was super crowded and we had an off night (capped off with nearly an hour trip back to GF). I also did a Friday party of Columbus Day weekend in early Oct...had a fantastic time and loved the crowds that night, so go figure.

I love our family trips of course, but the quick MNSSHP trips with just one kid have been really wonderful experiences. It's sort of become our fall tradition.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble... but hopefully helpful.

Thank you so much @GADisneyDad14

Contemporary was my initial first choice because of the walkway. I figured we would just hang around the hotel or Disney Springs the first day. I'm thinking a Tuesday party to avoid crowds.

RPC loversprincess:: We’ve reserved an RPC deluxe queen room. I’ve researched the room category and already know our room number requests/desired layout. I notice they’re all close to the lounge and/or opening to the lobby. Would you choose a standard room since that would enable us to request to be farther from the lobby for more quiet, or is the extra space of the deluxe room worth it? I also notice that some of the room views may not be so great???
We aren’t ‘park commandos’, so we will spend some time in the room.
Thanks so much in advance for your input!!! :earsgirl:
P.S. Will also post on GF thread.

We LOVE the deluxe RPC rooms. It is perfect for us- the boys can stay in the room and we are close enough in case they need us. The extra space of the deluxe is well worth it. We have stayed in the first room, right next to the lounge and didn't have a complaint about any lounge or lobby noise.

Okay planning an end of school trip with my 2 kids. I have 2 trips on hold at the moment, the full 9 nights at BWI CL or a split stay with 4 nights at YC CL and 5 at GF CL outside building. Which one would y’all pick?
The split gives you some time at SAB. With kids I'd probably lean toward the split. Whatever you decide, either itinerary sounds fun! :beach:

Okay planning an end of school trip with my 2 kids. I have 2 trips on hold at the moment, the full 9 nights at BWI CL or a split stay with 4 nights at YC CL and 5 at GF CL outside building. Which one would y’all pick?
Last year we did our first split with BWI and Poly CL. I was nervous about moving, but we loved it! We got to enjoy both the EP and MK areas without deciding on just one. We typically stay 9 nights so by the 9th at one place, we were getting kind of bored. So this kept things fresh. We tried to keep our HS and EP days while at BWI and AK and MK days while at Poly. We also planned a park day on check out so we didn't feel like we were waiting for our second room to be ready. Worked out great and we are doing it again this summer. Whichever you decide, I hope you have a great time! :flower1:

We LOVE the deluxe RPC rooms. It is perfect for us- the boys can stay in the room and we are close enough in case they need us. The extra space of the deluxe is well worth it. We have stayed in the first room, right next to the lounge and didn't have a complaint about any lounge or lobby noise.

This is fantastic news! Thank you so much for your feedback!

How old are your kids?

Different strokes for different folks, but I wouldn’t want to stay anywhere for 9 nights, no matter how much I love it. I vote split - 1/2 MK resort and 1/2 Epcot/DHS resort is a great combo.

I love split stays, so I definitely vote to split it up. You get the best of both worlds doing an Epcot Resort and MK Resort! Good luck deciding.

I agree with the previous posts and recommend the split! Its so nice to be by Epcot/HS and then MK. AK is difficult/bus from every resort, but location matters with the other parks! It almost feels like two vacations. I love the varied amenities like pools and restaurants. I just did a YC/GF split in December and have a BC/GF one coming up this spring!

Can any one tell me the difference in food offerings between sugar loaf and royal palm at GF? Both are within budget, but if food is the same SL is cheaper. Is it worth the extra for RP?

I would also do a split stay. Nice pool at YC and close to MK when you're at GF. Another reason to split your CL stay for a long trip is that the lounge food offerings might get monotonous. My mother just at CR and she said they served squash soup 3 nights in a row and pork stuffed with mashed potatoes two nights in a row. That would have bugged me, I like them to change it up :wizard:

Can any one tell me the difference in food offerings between sugar loaf and royal palm at GF? Both are within budget, but if food is the same SL is cheaper. Is it worth the extra for RP?

They’re actually the same at both!!
RPC is large and in the main building. There’s also a band playing music throughout the late afternoon into the evening while you eat. It’s a lovely place to be.
SL is in a separate building and is small by comparison. The advantage there is if you’re hanging out at the pools during the day, you can just run in and grab a drink or a snack, because it’s literally right across from the pools. I love GF and honestly feel you can’t go wrong with either. Good luck deciding!

Last edited:
2 fold question - we just returned from a stay at GF in a TPV suite. Due to some major issues that were had they graciously have offered us 2 CL TPV nights as an apology.

I agree with GADisneyDad that I'd go with a MK resort since it's a quick trip just for the party. With that said, my choice would be Poly CL. I haven't stayed at CR, but just had my first Poly CL stay and it was amazing! I have been a few times in both Sept & Oct and while Sept was always great (we've gone at the end of the month), Oct would be my first choice. Good luck deciding, but I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which resort you choose :wizard:.

I agree with others that I'd do the split. I'm not big on split stays, but for nine nights, I think that's plenty of time to be able to enjoy 2 resorts. You could focus on Epcot/DHS while you're at YC and then do MK/AK while at GF. I love BWI CL, but I think I'd mix it up a little with the length of your trip ;).

As mrsap posted, the food offerings are the same, but the lounges are worlds apart. The RPC lounge overlooks the lobby and is large and spacious with beautiful views of the grounds. The SL lounge, however, is located in the lobby as you enter the SL building. Since it's located in the center, there are no windows/views. I love sitting in the lounge taking everything in and for me, SL doesn't have a very relaxing atmosphere. With that said, SL is convenient to the courtyard pool, so if you will be spending a lot of time at the pool, SL would be the most convenient. But, if you like to sit and relax and enjoy lounge time, RPC has a more relaxed atmosphere :).

We have an upcoming five night GF RPC deluxe room stay (we have stayed there before). Hubby often looks at Poly CL longingly online (we have NOT stayed there before). Would it be worth hopping over to Poly CL for a night or two, or would we regret leaving RPC? Poly is definitely not as much of a match for us, but I'm curious... TIA!!! :thanks:

We have an upcoming five night GF RPC deluxe room stay (we have stayed there before). Hubby often looks at Poly CL longingly online (we have NOT stayed there before). Would it be worth hopping over to Poly CL for a night or two, or would we regret leaving RPC? Poly is definitely not as much of a match for us, but I'm curious... TIA!!! :thanks:

I do love split stays, but normally we split an Epcot resort with MK resort. I love both RPC and Poly CL, though! The things that draw us in at Poly CL are (1) the location of the CL building to both pools, and (2) the views from the lounge and our balcony. However, RPC dominates in CL food, ambiance, and the rooms for me. If I personally did that split, I'd opt to start at Poly CL for 2 nights, then move over to RPC for the final 3 nights.

Lol, may be reading too much into your posts over time on this thread, but I think my advice would be to not leave RPC - and that’s coming from a Poly homer. I’m worried you’ll be at Poly looking longingly back over at GF! (I have the opposite experience when I’m at GF, part of me steals glances looking longingly back over at Poly, but Poly is a better match for us than GF).

On the other hand, I am a fan of a 1-2 night stay for something you’re worried about being a match - beats blowing a long stay on something you won’t end up liking.

Sometimes if you’re not high on something going in, that can set the tone for the stay. Sometimes it may surprise you. Hard to tell!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter