Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

P.S. For those who have been following my other posts, I did book RPC Del. Room for September! I am very nervous about heat/humidity and hurricane season (will certainly purchase trip insurance), so I would love to hear from anyone who has gone in September before!
:thanks:

I wouldn't be nervous about it, but it is very hot and humid. We stayed RPC this past September. There were a few good downpours during our stay, but we were lucky enough to avoid most of it by using an app called MyRadar. It shows you the bands of rain coming in and you can basically see what will be happening in 30 minute intervals. So you can plan your arrival/escape from the parks accordingly. It really worked well. On one of the days we were sitting in the lounge and the rain was coming down in buckets and the palm trees were being bent sideways. So yes, it can get like that even without a hurricane, in September. But if your expectations are in line you can work with the weather.

We never use ponchos (too stickey) but we all wore quick-dry type shorts and tops on the rainy days. (Umbrellas don't work either. Just forget that.) If you are flexible you shouldn't have a problem. If we woke up to rain, we would adjust our FPs. The day we had FoP we were not flexible, so we headed into a rainy AK. That day, we got wet.

Last edited:
DH and I just returned from the Poly, we were there for marathon weekend. The location was perfect for watching the runners go by at the TTC and SoG. We stayed in the “Honeymoon Suite” which is in Tonga. The service was exceptional and my dh was ecstatic to have Tonga Toast delivered each morning to our room!

Now we are looking at another RunDisney trip for food and wine. I have BWI outer building reserved. Does anyone have any tips or pictures?

I wouldn't be nervous about it, but it is very hot and humid. We stayed RPC this past September. There were a few good downpours during our stay, but we were lucky enough to avoid most of it by using an app called MyRadar. It shows you the bands of rain coming in and you can basically see what will be happening in 30 minute intervals. So you can plan your arrival/escape from the parks accordingly. It really worked well. On one of the days we were sitting in the lounge and the rain was coming down in buckets and the palm trees were being bent sideways. So yes, it can get like that even without a hurricane, in September. But if your expectations are in line you can work with the weather.

We never use ponchos (too stickey) but we all wore quick-dry type shorts and tops on the rainy days. (Umbrellas don't work either. Just forget that.) If you are flexible you shouldn't have a problem. If we woke up to rain, we would adjust our FPs. The day we had FoP we were not flexible, so we headed into a rainy AK. That day, we got wet.

@Eastern , thank you for this detailed reply! I can see that we would need to go into a September trip really managing our expectations. I think if we have to be ‘stuck’ in any lounge during the rain, RPC would be the one to choose! I really appreciate the MyRadar tip, we will 100% take that advice. We are planning on only doing two park days anyway (heat and I’d also like a more relaxing pace), so the other days would be flexible with a cabana day, Senses spa day, resort hopping, etc.
I’m guessing being out in the rain may actually be a brief reprieve from the oppressive heat!

RPC loversprincess:: We’ve reserved an RPC deluxe queen room. I’ve researched the room category and already know our room number requests/desired layout. I notice they’re all close to the lounge and/or opening to the lobby. Would you choose a standard room since that would enable us to request to be farther from the lobby for more quiet, or is the extra space of the deluxe room worth it? I also notice that some of the room views may not be so great???
We aren’t ‘park commandos’, so we will spend some time in the room.
Thanks so much in advance for your input!!! :earsgirl:
P.S. Will also post on GF thread.

@Eastern , thank you for this detailed reply! I can see that we would need to go into a September trip really managing our expectations. I think if we have to be ‘stuck’ in any lounge during the rain, RPC would be the one to choose! I really appreciate the MyRadar tip, we will 100% take that advice. We are planning on only doing two park days anyway (heat and I’d also like a more relaxing pace), so the other days would be flexible with a cabana day, Senses spa day, resort hopping, etc.
I’m guessing being out in the rain may actually be a brief reprieve from the oppressive heat!
On our AK day we came back to the room to change then went and had soup and champagne in the lounge...

Just one standard room, but my view from GF RPC Room 4418. 4th Floor. The castle is just behind the top spire there on the SL building.

View attachment 375819

And for context, here's the 4th floor RPC floorplan (my room was the red dot) and labeling that I know will make @trishadono cringe! :-)
View attachment 375822

I don't have a lot of experience at RPC (only one trip), but if I could stay in this room every time, I would.
That was MY ROOM!
lol

RPC loversprincess:: We’ve reserved an RPC deluxe queen room. I’ve researched the room category and already know our room number requests/desired layout. I notice they’re all close to the lounge and/or opening to the lobby. Would you choose a standard room since that would enable us to request to be farther from the lobby for more quiet, or is the extra space of the deluxe room worth it? I also notice that some of the room views may not be so great???
We aren’t ‘park commandos’, so we will spend some time in the room.
Thanks so much in advance for your input!!! :earsgirl:
P.S. Will also post on GF thread.
The lounge is on the 4th floor so those rooms may be a bit noisier. The 3rd floor rooms are near the concierge CM desks. I definitely think the larger room is worth it unless you are very sensitive to any noise, since there will be more foot traffic going by the room. I prefer to be on the atrium side so I can hear the music from the lobby, even there you have to open the door to hear it. I don't know if you can hear it from the deluxe queen rooms as I've never stay in one, but have been in the rooms near them and never noticed any noise from the lobby. You have a better chance of hearing any noise from the lobby on the atrium side. I don't think there are any bad views in RPC.

Congrats. I'm not DVC but I always read about how those rooms are really, really hard to secure. Nice work!

Yes, you are eligible for the Trial CL Extra FP program. Yes, you can mix/match tiers.

There's a FAQ post here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320893

And a thread with planning discussion and questions here: Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I'm happy to answer any questions on it as well.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! What a lovely, lovely post!

Newbie here. We rented DVC points for our last trip (9/2015) for a Savanna view at Kidani. We have been reading about the CL at AKL and thought about renting points for that (assuming points are available). Is it true you cannot choose Savanna view? Just trying to understand ever

Newbie here. We rented DVC points for our last trip (9/2015) for a Savanna view at Kidani. We have been reading about the CL at AKL and thought about renting points for that (assuming points are available). Is it true you cannot choose Savanna view? Just trying to understand ever

The odds of getting these rooms in the studio or 2 bedroom categories by renting points is zero, owners book these rooms up right away. There may be a chance for a one bedroom as those don’t seem to book as quickly as studios and 2 bedrooms, but I wouldn’t count on it. You cannot submit a view request for these rooms you get what you are assigned.

I completely agree with @gillep, there are, I believe, 6 rooms total available for DVC AKL CL. They are literally booked up the second the 11 month window opens. If you’d like AKL CL, I’d book it directly.

I’m sorry. What time of year are you going? 30% off is out for early summer dates right now.
We are thinking September. We like to take the kids out of school for a week when it's "slower". I'm convinced that it's never really slower though! LOL

DH and I just returned from the Poly, we were there for marathon weekend. The location was perfect for watching the runners go by at the TTC and SoG. We stayed in the “Honeymoon Suite” which is in Tonga. The service was exceptional and my dh was ecstatic to have Tonga Toast delivered each morning to our room!

Now we are looking at another RunDisney trip for food and wine. I have BWI outer building reserved. Does anyone have any tips or pictures?
DD wants that room for just that. Tonga toast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter