Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@NicoleLarson , thank you for your reply! :flower3: I don't mind the rooms being farther from the lounge either, so that would be a 'pro' for me, as well! Now when it comes to the food, my kids are picky eaters, so that does make me a bit nervous. Do you feel there is enough 'normal lounge food' at the 5-7 service for picky eaters to have a small meal (ie. bread, cheese, fruit, yogurt, etc.)? From your previous post, I'm guessing not, but just want to make extra sure as I'd hate to count AKL out! We've also eyed WL Del. CL Rooms, but AKL looks so unique and beautiful. Thanks again!
P.S. For those who have been following my other posts, I did book RPC Del. Room for September! I am very nervous about heat/humidity and hurricane season (will certainly purchase trip insurance), so I would love to hear from anyone who has gone in September before!
:thanks:

Hi! We stayed at AKL CL within the last 2 years and really, really loved it! Though food rotations change frequently, I believe there will always be enough little things like bread, cheese, crackers, and veggies/fruit during the 5-7 app time in any lounge. Also, I've always found the CMs to be very accommodating if we needed something that wasn't already out (like PB&J, yogurt, we even asked for a bagel once during the app time!). I don't think you'd regret booking AKL - it's such a unique experience. We absolutely loved the animal view from our balcony too!

And YAY for booking RPC for September! We used to go in September a lot when my kids were babies/toddlers/elementary school. We loved it! Lower crowds and still felt like summer. We did get rain storms, but we get those in July and August too (which is when we now have to go) so we just make the best of it. No hurricanes for us, but obviously they can happen... I wouldn't hesitate to go in September again someday when we can. My favorite time was the tail end of September into October.

we've gone in September the last two years and thought the weather was good! We used to go every January but the weather had been so cold the last couple of years that we've switched to September.

In Sept 2017, we got out just before Irma. We actually added a day to our trip while sitting at SAB. I saw that we could change our flights with Jetblue for free and they had the room we were staying in available with a PH discount, so we stayed. Most people get out of Dodge, we lingered.

We had no major weather issues this past September 2018, it just poured every afternoon, but then got nice.

I love September, it rained on us for 2 straight days in May, and was pretty cold this past December, (never put my bathing suit on, wore jeans the whole trip). I would go with September any day.

@emmabelle , thank you for your reply! That makes me feel much better! Glad you were safe during Irma!

Hi we use to go in September every year when our DD was younger and really enjoyed the less crowds. I always bought trip insurance just in case of weather or sickness. Once that was in place there really wasn't anything to worry about. I have not been there during a hurricane but other people swear it is one of the safest places to be. If it were to happen you could at least feel safe. If I saw a hurricane coming before I left I would postpone my trip. I have no desire to gamble whether there will be power, traveling issues and lost park time.

As far as the heat yes it is hot but we love the heat and don't mind being in it. I don't feel there is anymore humidity there than where I live, so I can't help you there.

We are staying one night AKL club level in June so I have been after food offerings as well. We are very excited and it will be a nice surprise for my DD. It is her favorite resort. My DD is a bit fussy so hoping she will like the food. Worse case I bring her to the Mara food court with my rewards points.

@bobbie68 , thank you for answering both of my questions! I completely agree- if a hurricane is forecasted, we will 100% cancel/ reschedule our trip in a heartbeat. We would never risk it. Glad to hear you like September, though, and I'm also glad to hear how much you like AKL CL!

Hi! We stayed at AKL CL within the last 2 years and really, really loved it! Though food rotations change frequently, I believe there will always be enough little things like bread, cheese, crackers, and veggies/fruit during the 5-7 app time in any lounge. Also, I've always found the CMs to be very accommodating if we needed something that wasn't already out (like PB&J, yogurt, we even asked for a bagel once during the app time!). I don't think you'd regret booking AKL - it's such a unique experience. We absolutely loved the animal view from our balcony too!

And YAY for booking RPC for September! We used to go in September a lot when my kids were babies/toddlers/elementary school. We loved it! Lower crowds and still felt like summer. We did get rain storms, but we get those in July and August too (which is when we now have to go) so we just make the best of it. No hurricanes for us, but obviously they can happen... I wouldn't hesitate to go in September again someday when we can. My favorite time was the tail end of September into October.

@TJA , thanks for replying to my post! AKL sounds wonderful and definitely worth a try! I'm also happy to hear you like September! We were looking at the end, as well, but heading into October the rack rates went WAY up. We are going in February and weather is projected to be in the low 60s. I think I'd prefer hotter weather for lots of pool time and that 'vacation' feel!

we're staying at BWI CL in 26 days, we haven't done that one since 2010! Without going through every page, can anyone link me newer pictures of the lounge offerings? It seems like the ones I've seen are older? Thanks!

We also have two ressies at BWI because we added a night and the resort didn't have the whole 5 nights in a row with the PH discount. So I have 4 nights and 1 night reservations. I asked them to be linked with signature services. Has anyone had an issue with having to move? I keep looking every day to get the 5 nights as one ressie but haven't had any luck.

Personally, I would not want to move that many times with little ones. I would just do a split stay instead. I also would not choose the option that returns your family back to a resort you started with.

You stated several times that Poly is your favorite. I would definitely choose an option that includes that resort. BWI is outstanding and your kids would love the pool area as well as the boardwalk activities at night. SL has a great location being close to the pool and it has the same food as RPC. In my opinion, That would be a great option.

If your set on doing a three resort stay, I would choose BWI, Poly, and SL GF. The money difference at the Grand would allow you to stay at your favorite...the Polynesian. Good luck and have a great trip.

I would choose option #2. All 3 CLs are great (IMO) and you get CL the entire time. I just tried both BWI CL and Poly CL this past year and both were amazing! I think staying 2 CLs you know you love and trying a new one will make for a great trip :).

Thanks for the replies! Any feedback is great. I agree, my ideal would not be to split 3 ways, I would prefer 1 or 2 resorts so I can unpack and settle in. However, we are using a cc that gives the 4th night free, and getting 3 nights free on a 13 night trip is part of how I'm justifying the long trip and expensive rooms :D. It takes the sting off a little, and I decided the inconvenience was worth it, so that part won't be changing.

I have booked (for now) the first 4 nights at BWI CL, the middle 4 nights a at Poly TPV CL, and the last 5 nights GF RPC standard view.

Now I'm wondering, should I switch and do Poly CL GV and GF RPC TPV? WWYD? We want one of the reservations with a fireworks view and would want sound with the fireworks (I thought I read there is sound piped in for the TPV rooms at the GF RPC now, there wasn't when we stayed there a few years ago).

Here's my thoughts, some of which support keeping it the same, some of which support switching it! Both will be great, so it's not earth shaking, but I keep changing my mind so I thought I would get some other opinions.

-It's actually about $175 more to do the TPV at the Poly and SV at the GF (which is what I have booked)
-The discount is greater at the GF, so we would actually save more money off of the crazy rack rates by doing the more expensive view there
-the third floor sweeping TPV from the Poly rooms is amazing
-the TPV from the GF is wonderful also, but IMO not quite as knock your socks off
-We have 5 nights at the GF, so if we did TPV there it would be for an extra night
-at the GF even the standard rooms can have a view of the Seven Seas lagoon, right? So still beautiful and water view, even if not looking at the castle but no fireworks from the room
-The GV rooms at the Poly do have a very nice view of the Oasis pool
-The lounge at the Poly has a great view of the MK and fireworks, where at the GF you cannot see that from the lounge and would have to go to outside Gasparillas or the restaurant by the water (which we likely would't do with 4 kids late at night)

Opinions from the experts? As soon as I settle on one I think of the pros to the other haha

119425D8-495A-47C7-B190-EC3E46E34242.jpeg
Thanks for the replies! Any feedback is great. I agree, my ideal would not be to split 3 ways, I would prefer 1 or 2 resorts so I can unpack and settle in. However, we are using a cc that gives the 4th night free, and getting 3 nights free on a 13 night trip is part of how I'm justifying the long trip and expensive rooms :D. It takes the sting off a little, and I decided the inconvenience was worth it, so that part won't be changing.

I have booked (for now) the first 4 nights at BWI CL, the middle 4 nights a at Poly TPV CL, and the last 5 nights GF RPC standard view.

Now I'm wondering, should I switch and do Poly CL GV and GF RPC TPV? WWYD? We want one of the reservations with a fireworks view and would want sound with the fireworks (I thought I read there is sound piped in for the TPV rooms at the GF RPC now, there wasn't when we stayed there a few years ago).

Here's my thoughts, some of which support keeping it the same, some of which support switching it! Both will be great, so it's not earth shaking, but I keep changing my mind so I thought I would get some other opinions.

-It's actually about $175 more to do the TPV at the Poly and SV at the GF (which is what I have booked)
-The discount is greater at the GF, so we would actually save more money off of the crazy rack rates by doing the more expensive view there
-the TPV from the GF is wonderful also, but IMO not quite as knock your socks off
-We have 5 nights at the GF, so if we did TPV there it would be for an extra night
-at the GF even the standard rooms can have a view of the Seven Seas lagoon, right? So still beautiful and water view, even if not looking at the castle but no fireworks from the room
-The lounge at the Poly has a great view of the MK and fireworks, where at the GF you cannot see that from the lounge and would have to go to outside Gasparillas or the restaurant by the water (which we likely would't do with 4 kids late at night)

Opinions from the experts? As soon as I settle on one I think of the pros to the other haha

FWIW here was our RPC TPV view!

I would do the TPV at GF. You are guaranteed to have a balcony and there is nothing better than beginning the day and ending the day seeing that castle. Sounds like you are going to have a great family trip. Good luck deciding. Maybe we will run into each other. We are doing a BWI/GF split stay in June. When will your family be there?

I would do the TPV at GF. You are guaranteed to have a balcony and there is nothing better than beginning the day and ending the day seeing that castle. Sounds like you are going to have a great family trip. Good luck deciding. Maybe we will run into each other. We are doing a BWI/GF split stay in June. When will your family be there?

We'll be at the BWI June 14-18 and GF the 22-27, assuming nothing changes! I'm still undecided about which resort to stay TPV, maybe I'll end up dragging my feet until one of the options isn't available and then that will decide for me. Thanks for the input, I do agree about the balcony. I've never had to take a second floor at the Poly, but that's always a possibility.

We'll be at the BWI June 14-18 and GF the 22-27, assuming nothing changes! I'm still undecided about which resort to stay TPV, maybe I'll end up dragging my feet until one of the options isn't available and then that will decide for me. Thanks for the input, I do agree about the balcony. I've never had to take a second floor at the Poly, but that's always a possibility.

We will miss seeing each other. We will be there May 30- June 8. We love having a balcony when we stay CL It is added space to the room. I hope everything works out for your planning. Have a wonderful vacation. Your family will love BWI.

I would keep the TPV at the Poly, the view of the castle is head on, at the GF it is a side view so you don't get the same effect during the fireworks. Plus the TPV rooms are not that close to the lounge. You can see the fireworks from some of the SV rooms...the ones close to the lounge on the 3rd and 4th floor. Not the best but you can see them. You can also see them from the 3rd floor balcony, no sound though unless they added it recently. Some of the SV rooms on the atrium side have a view of the lagoon. You just can't beat the TPV from the Poly. :cloud9: The Poly is the only resort I would pay extra for the TPV. Had it many times at the GF before it was a bookable category and while I loved the view, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

July fourth week we will be taking my Dad, who will just be finishing up radiation treatments for his cancer, four weeks prior to our trip. We are trying to make this trip extra special for him. He loves fireworks, so we have booked dinner at the California Grill on July 3 to view MK fireworks. We are planning on going to Epcot July 4.

We are staying at the GF RPC and will return back to the lounge for appetizers July 4th. How crazy will it be riding the monorail/TTC to Epcot later that night to view the fireworks? We are hoping to either do a fast pass for firework viewing, frozen dessert party, or rose and crowns new dinner viewing. I know it will be crowded, just not sure what to expect going to Epcot and returning back to our resort that night via the monorail.

I don't have any experience with being there over 4th of July, but wanted to say I hope everything goes well with your dad's final treatments and hope you have a great time making more memories. Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

we're staying at BWI CL in 26 days, we haven't done that one since 2010! Without going through every page, can anyone link me newer pictures of the lounge offerings? It seems like the ones I've seen are older? Thanks!

We also have two ressies at BWI because we added a night and the resort didn't have the whole 5 nights in a row with the PH discount. So I have 4 nights and 1 night reservations. I asked them to be linked with signature services. Has anyone had an issue with having to move? I keep looking every day to get the 5 nights as one ressie but haven't had any luck.

Congrats on your upcoming BWI CL stay. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but they will do everything they can to avoid you moving. I don't have any real recent pics of the lounge offerings, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

I've never booked a TPV at either resort, but I would be more inclined to keep Poly TPV. For our trip this past Oct, I booked Poly LV CL and our room had an awesome view of the castle! I requested 3rd floor (wanted a balcony) and close to lounge. Our room was the furthest from the lounge as it was the last room at the end of the hall, but I didn't mind that at all as the view made up for it. I'm thinking we maybe got upgraded and had a TPV room because we had a dead on view of the castle, but I can't say for sure as this was our first time staying CL at the Poly and I'm not too well versed with the room views/locations of CL. But if it was a LV room and we had that great of a view, I can only imagine how TPV would be :cloud9:.

I would keep the TPV at the Poly, the view of the castle is head on, at the GF it is a side view so you don't get the same effect during the fireworks. Plus the TPV rooms are not that close to the lounge. You can see the fireworks from some of the SV rooms...the ones close to the lounge on the 3rd and 4th floor. Not the best but you can see them. You can also see them from the 3rd floor balcony, no sound though unless they added it recently. Some of the SV rooms on the atrium side have a view of the lagoon. You just can't beat the TPV from the Poly. :cloud9: The Poly is the only resort I would pay extra for the TPV. Had it many times at the GF before it was a bookable category and while I loved the view, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Thanks for the input! Yes, that view from the Poly is amazing. Do you happen to know what a good request would be at the GF to try to get one of the SV RPC rooms that have a view of the lake and a view of the fireworks? I'm going to try to catch up on the GF thread, I haven't kept up since our last stay there back in 2016 and I remember it was pretty active, so I don't know if I'll be able to actually fully catch up or not! I just hope I don't have to take a second floor room at the Poly - I do love my outside space, and preferably a balcony over a patio. I would really be bummed t have paid that huge upcharge for TPV and get 2nd floor, and I know that's a risk.

The rooms on the atrium side facing the Poly have a lagoon view, you can't see the fireworks from that side. The SV rooms that have a view, but not great, of the fireworks would be 3317-18, 4417-18 and possibly 3314-15 and 4414 and 15. Its been awhile since I stayed in them and I can't remember exactly which room it starts in. The best place to watch from RPC is the 3rd floor balcony.

Hi. I personally prefer AKL over BWI from both a resort and CL perspective, but that's just me. Many would likely disagree. I find the the overall vibe and theme more appealing, and the Kidani and Jambo pools are more fitting for our preferences (my kids are 8 and 4, for reference, and we do a lot of pool time, typically).

If I were in your shoes, I'd likely let the decision be heavily influenced by my park plans for that trip. If you're going to be in the parks a lot (especially with the CL FP program), have hoppers, and see yourself taking full advantage of the walkabity to Epcot and DHS from BWI (which is hard to beat, BTW), then I'd lean towards BWI.

But if you're not park commandos, want something a little different, see yourself having more resort time, etc, then AKL might be more appealing.

Room sizes at both are pretty similarjj. AKL rooms bug me a bit in that they are dark and have pretty bulky furniture that takes up a lot of space, but I spend as much time on the balcony as I can and less in the room anyway.

AKL is a (very) large/spread out resort and the distance from room to lounge can be a concern for some. I enjoy the walk as there are interesting things to look at all around (windows overlooking the savannas, the lobby, etc), but it can be a longer walk - especially relative to your CR CL experience as it's so compact. Less "just pop up for a beverage" there than other places. Think several minutes for walk time. The lounge is not on the same floor as the rooms which bothers some, but I don't see it as a material disadvantage (just adds more to travel time). The lounge is pretty large though and overlooks the lovely lobby.

BWI CL puts a lot of emphasis on the food - eg, a chef from one of the BWI restaurants each night in the lounge for evening apps. AKL CL has a nightly chef too (or at least they did last time I was there), but he/she is doing a bit more plating and less actual cooking than what you'll find at BWI.

CMs at both tend to get more favorable than unfavorable comments around this thread, on average, with both having a few notable ones with longer tenure that tend to be favorites.

Probably a lot more you could compare/contrast, but I'll leave it at that. Good luck deciding!
Thank you so much for all of this great info!!!

Thanks for the input! Yes, that view from the Poly is amazing. Do you happen to know what a good request would be at the GF to try to get one of the SV RPC rooms that have a view of the lake and a view of the fireworks? I'm going to try to catch up on the GF thread, I haven't kept up since our last stay there back in 2016 and I remember it was pretty active, so I don't know if I'll be able to actually fully catch up or not! I just hope I don't have to take a second floor room at the Poly - I do love my outside space, and preferably a balcony over a patio. I would really be bummed t have paid that huge upcharge for TPV and get 2nd floor, and I know that's a risk.

The rooms on the atrium side facing the Poly have a lagoon view, you can't see the fireworks from that side. The SV rooms that have a view, but not great, of the fireworks would be 3317-18, 4417-18 and possibly 3314-15 and 4414 and 15. Its been awhile since I stayed in them and I can't remember exactly which room it starts in. The best place to watch from RPC is the 3rd floor balcony.

Just one standard room, but my view from GF RPC Room 4418. 4th Floor. The castle is just behind the top spire there on the SL building.

5.jpeg

And for context, here's the 4th floor RPC floorplan (my room was the red dot) and labeling that I know will make @trishadono cringe! :-)
GF Labeled 4th Floor Plan.jpeg

I don't have a lot of experience at RPC (only one trip), but if I could stay in this room every time, I would.

Just booked AKL club level through my dvc. Will I be able to buy those three extra fast passes? Is it true that they can all be selected from tier one where applicable?

Congrats. I'm not DVC but I always read about how those rooms are really, really hard to secure. Nice work!

Yes, you are eligible for the Trial CL Extra FP program. Yes, you can mix/match tiers.

There's a FAQ post here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320893

And a thread with planning discussion and questions here: Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I'm happy to answer any questions on it as well.

Have a great trip!

Sounds fun! These were from Feb 2018 so don't quite qualify as recent, but here's a link to some food pics at the time: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-740#post-58872780

I had to do a two reservation continuing stay at YC last year. I'd make sure to bring it up with the CL CM that checks you in and they will likely be able to take care of it right there. In my case, they made a call to the room assignors, clicked some buttons, and it was done. I was fully prepared to have to move just in case, but it's usually in their best interest to keep you in the same room so it will 'probably' work out fine.

Have a great trip.

That's strange. I was upgraded to YC CL (Standard) this past weekend and my room had 2 queen beds plus a day bed. I wonder if they are just limiting the number of guests allowed in the room.
Yes, online it used to say that the club level rooms were for 5 people. Now it has changed to 4.....all the cast members I spoke to said they weren't clear as to why but they had received the information that it is currently just the yacht and beach club that are changing their rooms from 5 guests to 4. I found it odd as I know many have the daybed but it made my decision to stay at the grand a little easier lol.

Just back from YC and overheard CM talking about this. She said that there would be 'very few' rooms that accommodate 5 at YC. Not sure if the suites are the 'very few rooms'.

We were in 5154 GV CL. There were two queen beds and a chair in it.

They also had an open house in the Presidential Suite one day. It's the suite on the fifth floor with the turret room. Gorgeous suite, ~2000 sq ft, list price $2762 per night o_O
Yes, they tried to sell me on the suites and one night was about my whole budget so I politely declined lol :upsidedow I did however debate just for a moment if I should leave DH home so we would fit in the room lol

Yes, they tried to sell me on the suites and one night was about my whole budget so I politely declined lol :upsidedow I did however debate just for a moment if I should leave DH home so we would fit in the room lol
Maybe they are trying to steer people into the suites. The one I toured was the biggest one. Just saw another two bedroom one on the Disney site when I was browsing AP rates: it was $1750/night with ~$200 discount from AP. Bargain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter