Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@hippiechicken just stayed there and posted some photos recently. You can search for posts in the thread from that user name, or here’s a link to one of their posts (might be other posts in the thread too): https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...and-questions.3414590/page-1020#post-60099193

We did YC a few times this year but not BC. I’ve always read the menus are the same/similar, but I’m not sure if that’s totally accurate?? I can point you in the direction of some YC CL pics if interested.

Sorry I can’t be more help.
Thank you!

Hello! I just booked a standard club level room at Beach Club for the end of February. I apologize, but I didn't read all 1000+ pages here :-). Can anyone give me current information related to the food offerings available? So far everything I've seen is several years old. Also, are there are specific room requests I should make? I realize it's a standard view, but maybe something that gets me a "better" standard view???

We stayed there recently (12/23-12/27), and I posted a mini-review and some room photos upthread a bit. I didn't post food photos, though.

For breakfast offerings, my husband remembers them always having croissants, mini muffins, pastries, fruit, and oatmeal (he went and brought back breakfast to our D and I every day :lovestruc). He said they also had something "sugary and messy" (lol) that changed daily...I remember it being strawberry crepes once (he did bring those back for us). I'm sure they had things like cereal and other stuff too, but that's all he ever brought back.

We never went to the lounge during the lunchtime offerings.

At dinnertime they had a mac and cheese bar every day we went, mini caprese salads and/or skewers, cheese and crackers, sliced meats, and I think cookies. We were never there at the official "dessert" hours, and we rarely drink alcohol, so I didn't notice what those offerings were. Also, we're vegetarians, so we often don't pay close attention to the offerings that look like they have meat in them.

I know what you're all thinking at this point...those teetotaling vegetarians sound like a barrel of fun!:rotfl:

They also had an ice cream freezer that had chocolate and vanilla Edy's ice cream, as well as Olaf bars.

They had a small "candy bar" that had Starburst, Mini Reese's, Jolly Ranchers, taffy, and one other item I don't remember.

There is also a fancy coffee machine that maybe makes espresso or cappuccino (don't know, not a coffee drinker either) and an incredible tea assortment that I found heavenly.:cloud9:

Sorry I couldn't remember everything, but I hope that helps! :)

Hello! I just booked a standard club level room at Beach Club for the end of February. I apologize, but I didn't read all 1000+ pages here :-). Can anyone give me current information related to the food offerings available? So far everything I've seen is several years old. Also, are there are specific room requests I should make? I realize it's a standard view, but maybe something that gets me a "better" standard view???

We stayed there over Christmas. It was amazing and now BC is definitely my favorite, along with GF. I booked standard, but we had a great view that I'm certain was a magical upgrade. I only requested an upper floor. Also, we arrived at 7 am, and I think that helped with our view. We had a horrible view at Boardwalk when we arrived at 3 pm, and there weren't any other options available.

We had great food while we were there, too, and I did post some of my CL food photos on page 1020. There were soups also, one night was clam chowder. I had chicken and dumplings, but I don't remember if that was BC or CR. Also, there were meaty items, but I don't eat meat, so didn't take photos... I remember meat and cheese options at breakfast each day, lots of pastries, and one day was crepes, then quiches, then grits the next days. We were only there 3 mornings and 2 nights. Apps were good, but not enough for dinner for us. If you have specific questions, I can try to answer them.
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.42.09 PM.png

Regarding the room requests, given our experience my #1 would be "close to the lounge/elevator/lobby." We actually made that request but got the opposite -- we were in room 3501, which is literally the farthest away you can possibly get from the lobby or lounge...my H joked that our room was actually in France! But we booked a 1BR suite, and there aren't many of those, so to paraphrase, we "got what we got and didn't get upset." I'm sure it was the busiest week of the whole year and everyone wanted to be close to the lounge, so someone's gonna get disappointed. The silver lining, though, is that if you get one of these far-flung rooms, you have your own "secret" exit to the International Gateway! I appreciated that very much the day I made it to see the Voices of Liberty in less than 10 minutes door to door.

HTH! :)

We are looking at going the first weekend of February. The options available within our price range are Beach Club CL and Grand Floridian CL Sugar Loaf. Any thoughts on which is better? So far, we have only experienced Boardwalk (September 2018), Yacht Club (last time in 2015), and Polynesian when I was a kid (1998). We are looking to stay 2 to 3 nights. Thanks!

FC32D839-90F7-44CD-AB4D-0C3972FDADD6.jpeg 08DDE21D-6A65-4844-8FF2-2F5F92C77D41.jpeg 4B01E563-4912-4F0E-8C2D-7B6DD30057CF.jpeg 31BD04FF-CDC4-42F3-BDC8-DBA9A2E875E5.jpeg 5FA2E242-ECF6-40A8-BD5F-C3749B656BA4.jpeg 5D39DE34-96B2-40DA-99F1-238FEEBD422B.jpeg 7570F409-1E5A-4E1C-B865-816C909A6A77.jpeg
We are looking at going the first weekend of February. The options available within our price range are Beach Club CL and Grand Floridian CL Sugar Loaf. Any thoughts on which is better? So far, we have only experienced Boardwalk (September 2018), Yacht Club (last time in 2015), and Polynesian when I was a kid (1998). We are looking to stay 2 to 3 nights. Thanks!

We thought Sugarloaf had some nice qualities! Proximity to pools, decent array of food offerings, and of course, a monorail resort! Here are some pics from the evening lounge service, as well as our room view, from December 2017.
I think where you want to be matters too- MK area or EP area, so this depends on your personal preferences and which park(s) you’ll be visiting. Good luck choosing!

Last edited:
View attachment 375167 View attachment 375169 View attachment 375170 View attachment 375171 View attachment 375172 View attachment 375173 View attachment 375174

We thought Sugarloaf had some nice qualities! Proximity to pools, decent array of food offerings, and of course, a monorail resort! Here are some pics from the evening lounge service, as well as our room view, from December 2017.
I think where you want to be matters too- MK area or EP area, so this depends on your personal preferences and which park(s) you’ll be visiting. Good luck choosing!

The food looks amazing, and what a beautiful view! You are making me so excited to get back!!! We must have just missed each other, I was there right after Thanksgiving 2017.

I am in the big time minority on this thread in that the GF CL menu is not among my favorites, generally speaking, so I’m the wrong person to ask! :-)

If I had to choose a CL based on food offerings alone, I’d pick AKL over GF any day. For me, AKL gets the nod for variety, fresh and interesting flavors/dishes, relatively healthy items, etc.

But like I said, I’m probably in the solo camp with that opinion!
Morning all pretty close

Midday gf 1sr, poly 2nd and non really stand out after...

5-7 I agree with you akl was yummy! Gf 2nd then the rest pretty similar. Wl was pretty plentiful compared to poly tho.

8-10 gf again! Then I think the rest about the same for desserts but CR had better adult beverages with the rosa regale left out for people that like that.

The food looks amazing, and what a beautiful view! You are making me so excited to get back!!! We must have just missed each other, I was there right after Thanksgiving 2017.

I didn’t take a pic of the chicken nuggets, but they were there, too :rotfl:. We were there right after Thanksgiving too! I think we tried to have a Dis meet up but it never happened? We did a split stay so later moved to RPC TPV, the view from THAT room was quite a bit better :lovestruc, but SL is a nice value!

Morning all pretty close

Midday gf 1sr, poly 2nd and non really stand out after...

5-7 I agree with you akl was yummy! Gf 2nd then the rest pretty similar. Wl was pretty plentiful compared to poly tho.

8-10 gf again! Then I think the rest about the same for desserts but CR had better adult beverages with the rosa regale left out for people that like that.

Love this! I was asking about AKL vs. GF but I love that you included the other CLs, what a helpful reply! :earsboy:

I didn’t take a pic of the chicken nuggets, but they were there, too :rotfl:. We were there right after Thanksgiving too! I think we tried to have a Dis meet up but it never happened? We did a split stay so later moved to RPC TPV, the view from THAT room was quite a bit better :lovestruc, but SL is a nice value!

OMG, yes!!!!!!!!! I remember!!! We were trying to meet when you were in SL right? I was going to meet you at the pool or something?? We’ll have to try that again!!

I think it’s hysterical that I’m now known as the one who loves GF’s Chicken Nuggets!!!! :rotfl2: I thought it was more of an inside joke! :laughing: Too funny!!! But yes, they are AMAZING! Honestly, I’d pick them over most of what you pictured :blush: I’m as picky as you get.

And yes, TPV is breathtaking!! Can’t beat it. :cloud9:

Your welcome, anytime!!!

YC is a special place having put in plenty of nights there since our first stay in 2011. I wouldn’t call it my fav but I definitely love the place as does my family!!!

:goodvibes

Just back from a stay at BWI deluxe room club level. This was my 4th stay at BWI in CL in the last 2 years and as much as it pains me to say, it felt ~off~.

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your stay wasn't on par with previous stays, but I hope you had a nice trip overall :wizard:.

OMG, yes!!!!!!!!! I remember!!! We were trying to meet when you were in SL right? I was going to meet you at the pool or something?? We’ll have to try that again!!

I think it’s hysterical that I’m now known as the one who loves GF’s Chicken Nuggets!!!! :rotfl2: I thought it was more of an inside joke! :laughing: Too funny!!! But yes, they are AMAZING! Honestly, I’d pick them over most of what you pictured :blush: I’m as picky as you get.

And yes, TPV is breathtaking!! Can’t beat it. :cloud9:

Disney Chicken Nuggets @mrsap......they are full of magic!!!!!

I haven't kept up with this thread, because Christmas and a Non CL New Years Stay kept me pretty busy! I'll catch up from December on over the next few weeks, but now I'm looking to book a June CL stay, and I thought I would get some opinions because my "perfect" stay isn't lining up, and the options for second choices (which are still pretty darn good, lol!) are making it hard for me to decide.

Important info:
* we have 4 kids, ages 2,2,5,and9, so we have to have a room that sleeps 5 to fit
* this will be our last major trip before the twins turn 3, so our last chance to fit in most CL rooms
* I really want to do CL for all of the trip if we can
*the AP discount is 40% at the GF, YC, BWI, and AKL. But AKL and YC are out, because their CL rooms don't allow 5 adults
*AP discount at the Poly and CR is only 20%, BC is 30% but it also doesn't allow 5 in CL rooms anymore
* We love Poly CL, GF RPC, and like YC CL, BC CL and in general was just ok. Haven't tried BWI CL or GF SL.
*we plan to do a 3 way split with 4 nights each resort, and cannot do the same resort (even in a different room category) twice in a row, but can do the middle 4 nights at a second resort and then return to the first resort
*ideally we would do Epcot and MK resorts, and my preference would be 8 nights at MK resorts and 4 at Epcot resorts, but we could do 8 Epcot 4 MK

Ok, here would be my perfect split, but it isn't working out due to availability and room occupancy rules that changed - 4 nights GF RPC/4 nights YC CL or BWI CL/4 nights GF RPC (in reality ideal would be Poly CL as the first 4 nights, but the difference in discounts is substantial, so twice at the GF became the preferred)

However, for the middle 4 nights the BWI doesn't have CL availability with the AP discount and the YC no longer allows 5 adults in any CL rooms except suites. So here are the options I'm debating currently:

1. 4 nights GF RPC SV/4 nights YC regular room/4 nights GF RPC TPV and I would watch to see if the BWI had CL rooms open up for the middle 4 nights
2. 4 nights BWI CL/4 nights Poly GV CL/4 nights GF RPC - this is ideal, except the Poly GV CL room is actually a few dollars MORE than the GF RPC SV room because of the different discounts, and as much as we love the Poly it seem crazy to pay the same for a GV room there than an RPC room. But this does give us all CL, and 2 resorts we love and one CL (BWI) we haven't tried yet.

We could also do scenario #1 but do the first 4 nights in SL (which would save some money also), we haven't stayed there before, but I'm wondering if the whole time we were there in SL I would be looking at RPC and wishing we had stayed there.

Any thoughts, recommendations, other ideas I'm not thinking of? Do you think the BWI is likely to have a CL room open up with an AP discount for our middle 4 nights? What would you do?

Hi! Trying again because I think my question got buried several pages back. We have never done CL before and are going for our first time in March! A new dining experience we want to try opens for booking this week. Do you think we’ll have better luck trying to book it ourselves, or if we ask DSS to help with the reservation? Thanks!

Hi! Trying again because I think my question got buried several pages back. We have never done CL before and are going for our first time in March! A new dining experience we want to try opens for booking this week. Do you think we’ll have better luck trying to book it ourselves, or if we ask DSS to help with the reservation? Thanks!

Just curious, which dining experience?

Generally speaking, they don’t have access to anything you don’t have access to yourself, so there’s not much of an advantage there. They also don’t open until 9am, so assuming you have a dining option experience that opens for booking earlier and is super in demand, there’s a potential time lag there that might not work in favor.

If it’s something where time is a factor, I’d generally advise against it. If it’s something where time isn’t a factor and you’re just looking for convenience, then worth a try. In my opinion.

I would book it myself, especially if it’s something very popular or that you would be very disappointed not to have. Booking opens at 7:00 AM (eastern time). DSS wouldn’t be able to start checking for reservations until the time they open (I think it’s 9 AM?), which is after the time you would be able to start checking for reservations yourself. Also, DSS wouldn’t necessarily begin checking for reservations right away when they open. They could have other things to do upon arriving in the morning. I think the safer option, especially if it’s something really important to you, would be to do it yourself at 7AM.

What new dining experience are you planning to book? In general, I book things myself. That goes particularly for special events. I've found that it's easier for me to adjust my plans (different time/date) rather than calls and emails to DSS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!