Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

In my about 9 annual stays at AKL CL around marathon weekend I will say that so far this is the least crowded the lounge has been. I am enjoying breakfast before I meet up with my husband at the expo, and there are only four tables in use including mine. I expect it to get a bit busier through the weekend but I think it is going to be a great trip. The fancy coffee machine is broken though, some sort of plumbing thing that I hope is resolved soon since getting away from the regular DW coffee is one of my favorite parts of staying CL.

Sounds great, except the fancy coffee machine part. :-)

9 annual stays - that’s awesome! A quiet lounge is always a great way to start the day.

My DW is there for the races, they are at Shades of Green now but move to AKL tomorrow. She was a bit worried with AKL’s location/transportation relative to the races, but ultimately they wanted a quiet/relaxing resort to rest (and sleep) (and enjoy some good lounge food) to recoup between races - so AKL CL got the nod.

Hope you have a great trip!

Hey guys. So it just dawned on me that we will be staying CL over a holiday! This will be our first holiday CL stay, so I’m wondering if they do anything special for the 4th, other than some desserts being red, white and blue. Thank you!
The CL themselves no, not really, just themed desserts, maybe an extra app that night. The resorts do though.

Hey guys. So it just dawned on me that we will be staying CL over a holiday! This will be our first holiday CL stay, so I’m wondering if they do anything special for the 4th, other than some desserts being red, white and blue. Thank you!

We've only had experience at the Poly CL over July 4, though we didn't go in 2018 but several years in a row before that. For the apps, they always put out All-American type foods such as hot dogs, chicken wings, baked beans, salad, mac & cheese. It varied a little from year to year. Not sure what types of food other CL's put out, but I'd be curious to know! You'll be at SL, right? :)

Poly decorated the lounge for the 4th.

Ask on gf thread . Lots post there but not here .

I bet they do something . They had margs for cinco de Mayo for example .

In 2017 for 7/4, Poly CL had an evening menu that was more fitting for the day, mini sliders, mini hot dogs, chicken salad, baked beans, etc. Not true 7/4 dining but close enough for CL standards.

In 2018, if my memory is not failing me or clouded by Longboards, the menu was a lot less themed for the day, nothing materially special. I remember being a touch disappointed (not in a bad way, just an observation).

I’ve always wondered what the other CLs do (if anything) on special days like 7/4.

Poly decorated the lounge for the 4th.

Ask on gf thread . Lots post there but not here .

I bet they do something . They had margs for cinco de Mayo for example .

That’s awesome! Thanks, I will!

We've only had experience at the Poly CL over July 4, though we didn't go in 2018 but several years in a row before that. For the apps, they always put out All-American type foods such as hot dogs, chicken wings, baked beans, salad, mac & cheese. It varied a little from year to year. Not sure what types of food other CL's put out, but I'd be curious to know! You'll be at SL, right? :)

That would be wonderful! It would be such a change from what is normally out! I’m very curious to know if it’s only Poly that does this. Yes, I’ll be at SL! Thanks!

In 2017 for 7/4, Poly CL had an evening menu that was more fitting for the day, mini sliders, mini hot dogs, chicken salad, baked beans, etc. Not true 7/4 dining but close enough for CL standards.

In 2018, if my memory is not failing me or clouded by Longboards, the menu was a lot less themed for the day, nothing materially special. I remember being a touch disappointed (not in a bad way, just an observation).

I’ve always wondered what the other CLs do (if anything) on special days like 7/4.

Oh that stinks. I’d prefer the 2017 menu, more my speed. Thank you for your reply.

You know, I don't remember seeing posts/pics of the July 4 food from 2018, so I wondered if they got rid of the normal offerings. That's kind of sad! They were improving each year, too. We might be around the Poly lounge on July 4 this year, so I'll be curious what they do (or don't do). We're headed to Epcot this year to watch that show on July 4 and moving to YC CL, so maybe we'll opt to check that lounge out on the 4th instead!

I know many of us were talking awhile back about our love for consuming these lovely Club Level Gems,

5077B97D-B8B9-41E2-BD6D-3BE12744DA9F.jpeg

Yuuuuuup, seems these mimosas are chasing me all over the place...:thumbsup2

It might be rough being chased around at BC this summer over the Independence Day Holiday by these things......:rotfl2:

Oh...just ignore the rest of my lovely diet!

Does anyone think that Disney will ever redesign Club Level to go with the day(s) of purchase and not by the night(s) of purchase?

DH and I have our first CL stay in March (Boardwalk), and we want to book the new Illuminations dining when it comes out. Are we better off trying to book it ourselves the morning it comes out, or asking concierge to help with the booking?

Soooo although I often ask questions comparing CL at different resorts, we always come back to GF (specifically RPC) for our next trip. However, my husband has been watching lots of videos on Poly CL, and I want him to be just as happy with our choice as I am! I've read a good amount about Poly and have watched several video reviews, too, but I have no personal experience there other than just being on the grounds or in the main lobby. We have stayed at RPC before and know we love it.
Would anyone have thoughts on RPC vs. Poly CL???
Poly Concerns:
1. Noise level (We like relative quiet)
2. No guaranteed balcony (I know second floor rooms don't have balconies)
3. CL food offerings, specifically evening apps, seem highly themed (Which is an awesome plus for some, but not for my picky eaters!)
4. CL food offerings seem much lower in quantity than GF
5. Cost (GF has been getting much higher room discounts than Poly, so Poly may actually be more $$...)
Would love feedback from some Poly CL fans, please and THANK YOU!!!@GADisneyDad14 , I know you used to be a huge Poly fan! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I know we can use the lounge before our room is ready on check in day, but can we use the lounge all day on check out day?

Soooo although I often ask questions comparing CL at different resorts, we always come back to GF (specifically RPC) for our next trip. However, my husband has been watching lots of videos on Poly CL, and I want him to be just as happy with our choice as I am! I've read a good amount about Poly and have watched several video reviews, too, but I have no personal experience there other than just being on the grounds or in the main lobby. We have stayed at RPC before and know we love it.
Would anyone have thoughts on RPC vs. Poly CL???
Poly Concerns:
1. Noise level (We like relative quiet)
2. No guaranteed balcony (I know second floor rooms don't have balconies)
3. CL food offerings, specifically evening apps, seem highly themed (Which is an awesome plus for some, but not for my picky eaters!)
4. CL food offerings seem much lower in quantity than GF
5. Cost (GF has been getting much higher room discounts than Poly, so Poly may actually be more $$...)
Would love feedback from some Poly CL fans, please and THANK YOU!!!@GADisneyDad14 , I know you used to be a huge Poly fan! :thanks::thanks::thanks:
I go to poly for the view from lounge, pool and beach access and resort ambiance.

I go to gf for food mostly. I do enjoy SL building and rpc lounge but the views are not as good.

I like the fun vibe of poly . GF is more quiet. However the 3rd floor of poly is a nice quiet spot and they just added new seating too!

The biggest difference is 5-7p. The poly just doesn't compare.

So for me I usually pic the one that both has the availability for my dates and lower /similar cost. Lately poly has been much more.

I love both as much as I love my 2 kids. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Gf has more offerings, evening entertainment and the room and lounge are in main building for rpc. That is nice for hot or rainy days etc.

However poly is much easier to take stuff out to the pool or beach being only steps away. Also EPW and HEA are just awesome from poly and only good from gf.

Also poly has a bathroom on the lounge which is nice arrival and checkout days. GF you have to leave the lounge and go to another floor.

Grands beds are better, I have done a split stay and gf was softer.

Oh lastly I give poly an edge to Transportation. Walking to/from ttc can be handy for Epcot.

So I could go,on and on but both are great and I hope if you try poly you love it too.

Youre memory serves you well. We were there this past 4th and I expected to see mini hot dogs and burger sliders but no! I remember cole slaw, ribs, beans and special deserts. Dance party on the beach was a nice touch for the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!