Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Ha ha ha!! Yes, my family member is fantastic! As far as the GF RPC CL goes... you're right that people shouldn't believe it will be "perfect in every way". Perfection is just too much to expect from human beings. And, some staff are better than others. That's just life.

That said, the RPC experience should feel different from what you get at other Disney CL's. RPC staff are trained differently than other CL staff. RPC staff can take shifts at other CL's, but not vice-versa, unless the person they trade with has worked RPC and maintained their "proficiencies". You should get much better food at RPC since it is provided by GF Culinary, which is quite high level.

As far as RPC Concierge (which I'm assuming is what is meant by "front desk"), my assumption is that it is the same as regular RPC staff, in that it is specially trained, can't trade shifts with non-RPC Concierge, etc. But I don't know that for a fact. I do know that with the remodel/reopening, the RPC Concierge staff is no longer allowed to just sit at their desks. They have to be standing now. Not easy for some of those staff who are more senior and/or have worked seated at a desk for years.

I do know that guest comments regarding RPC, both positive and negative, are taken extremely seriously by GF management. Even those comments that come via post-stay surveys, which I know a lot of people think just go into an abyss, are taken very seriously. Every positive survey comment is published and posted on a monthly basis. Other positive comments are recognized in other ways. Negative comments... well, you can imagine what happens with those. They are serious. That said, you are paying a lot of money to stay at RPC. If you feel that an RPC Concierge was "mean", then you should call them out on it. They have a job to do, are in a somewhat coveted position, and shouldn't be allowed to be "mean" to guests. There are probably plenty of "nice" people who would kill for that job.

As far as Concierge at the regular front desk downstairs in the lobby, who are the people I usually interact with because I usually stay Resort View, I've never had anything but positive and helpful interactions.

I probably had the best experiences ever on a Disney resort stay at the GF the first time I stayed there, front desk included. Very shocking to hear such negative reports. And sad. I hope our regular stay in September will be more of the good.

Though this is making me second guess choosing Poly CL vs RPC for our post-cruise night. Partner really wants Poly which is why we went with it.

What is the Club Level Access Add-On for $149? Never heard of it. You're staying in a DVC room? Cash Room?
Was it granted to you for a special reason/occasion?

We stayed recently at a DVC studio first room off the Club and loved it. It was a total fluke to grab as someone must have cancelled. (I do not own there).

Also, where is the last picture taken? I've never seen that room with the 2 chairs before and have stayed at Wilderness numerous times. In fact, a few weeks ago.

Thanks for info.

What is the Club Level Access Add-On for $149? Never heard of it. You're staying in a DVC room? Cash Room?
Was it granted to you for a special reason/occasion?

We stayed recently at a DVC studio first room off the Club and loved it. It was a total fluke to grab as someone must have cancelled. (I do not own there).

Also, where is the last picture taken? I've never seen that room with the 2 chairs before and have stayed at Wilderness numerous times. In fact, a few weeks ago.

Thanks for info.
Only the WL inn-side rooms have the ability to add CL at check-in, and it is not always available depending on occupancy. You can ask when you arrive, but book the category you will be happy with in case you can’t add it. If club is a must, book it. No other resort offers this.

I probably had the best experiences ever on a Disney resort stay at the GF the first time I stayed there, front desk included. Very shocking to hear such negative reports. And sad. I hope our regular stay in September will be more of the good.

Though this is making me second guess choosing Poly CL vs RPC for our post-cruise night. Partner really wants Poly which is why we went with it.
Tbf, my bad experience was about 10 years ago.

The area with the two chairs is a public space near the elevator. It's not the interior of a guest room.

The seating arrangement is the main reason I really like WL. I'm worried it's going to be so crowded there with the add-ons.
It's not very crowded as the Old Faithful Club has more seating space then before the South wing of the main building was lost in the DVC conversion to CCV. The only customers that know about the add-on option are repeat customers or guests that have heard about here on DIS.

Note: it is only available at the Front desk on Check-in day and it is currently $149 per day for length of stay as the only offering at regular guest rooms or deluxe rooms. Not available to CCV DVC rooms.

Dave

Last edited:

Well, if your partner really wants Poly, you should probably stay with that! I really like the Poly as a resort too, for lots of reasons. As far as CL there, tbh, I stayed CL at the Poly only one time. While the Poly lounge undoubtedly had an awesome view, I found it crowded and didn't love the food or the kind of awkward buffet layout, which might be different now, I'm not sure. I was lucky enough to have a TPV room, and remember taking food to enjoy from my room when the lounge got too busy for my taste. I probably wouldn't do Poly CL again unless I had an exceptional deal. Just my humble opinion. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but the GF RPC post-renovation is just gorgeous. And huge, as you know. However, I'd bet money that the GF lobby will be under renovation come your September stay. I have no actual inside scoop or anything, but I'm guessing the GF lobby reno will start sometime after 4th of July and take place over the August/Sept back-to-school slow season.

Well, if your partner really wants Poly, you should probably stay with that! I really like the Poly as a resort too, for lots of reasons. As far as CL there, tbh, I stayed CL at the Poly only one time. While the Poly lounge undoubtedly had an awesome view, I found it crowded and didn't love the food or the kind of awkward buffet layout, which might be different now, I'm not sure. I was lucky enough to have a TPV room, and remember taking food to enjoy from my room when the lounge got too busy for my taste. I probably wouldn't do Poly CL again unless I had an exceptional deal. Just my humble opinion. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but the GF RPC post-renovation is just gorgeous. And huge, as you know. However, I'd bet money that the GF lobby will be under renovation come your September stay. I have no actual inside scoop or anything, but I'm guessing the GF lobby reno will start sometime after 4th of July and take place over the August/Sept back-to-school slow season.
Yep, the lobby situation is exactly why I hesitated on RPC and stuck with Poly CL. We got the construction email for our regular pre-cruise stay there, and the August/Sept timeframe just makes sense given how slow it is—when AP discounts dropped GF was 35% and I’m pretty sure that construction was part of why. Just hoping it’s not too disruptive bc it’s partner’s first time there, but we are only there 5 nights before getting on the Wish so not a super long stay.

Poly is our fave resort regardless, and it’s just the 1 night when we get off the ship. I was actually going to surprise her with TPV but when CL was excluded from the discounts that took care of that lol. Our TA bumped us up to TPV at the GF when she applied the discount so we’ll just watch fireworks from there. I’m just trying to stay chill about it because I remember what happened the last time I was booked outer building TPV (pixie dusted into a deluxe king room, albeit before RPC reopened) and no way lightning strikes twice.

Yep, the lobby situation is exactly why I hesitated on RPC and stuck with Poly CL. We got the construction email for our regular pre-cruise stay there, and the August/Sept timeframe just makes sense given how slow it is—when AP discounts dropped GF was 35% and I’m pretty sure that construction was part of why. Just hoping it’s not too disruptive bc it’s partner’s first time there, but we are only there 5 nights before getting on the Wish so not a super long stay.

Poly is our fave resort regardless, and it’s just the 1 night when we get off the ship. I was actually going to surprise her with TPV but when CL was excluded from the discounts that took care of that lol. Our TA bumped us up to TPV at the GF when she applied the discount so we’ll just watch fireworks from there. I’m just trying to stay chill about it because I remember what happened the last time I was booked outer building TPV (pixie dusted into a deluxe king room, albeit before RPC reopened) and no way lightning strikes twice.
You never know! Lightning might strike twice! Especially for that 1 night stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter