Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

Our flight is two weeks from tomorrow.

That’s such a tough decision, given the timing of your trip, since it is still in the early stages. I have a feeling this virus will only get more widespread as the days/weeks go on. If that is the case, we are prepared to postpone our March break trip, for our own safety, it’s not worth the risk. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

That’s such a tough decision, given the timing of your trip, since it is still in the early stages. I have a feeling this virus will only get more widespread as the days/weeks go on. If that is the case, we are prepared to postpone our March break trip, for our own safety, it’s not worth the risk. Hope it doesn’t come to that.
We purchased “flexible” flights, so I don’t think there is a change fee if we postpone that. February 3rd is our date to cancel the hotel (Boardwalk Villas through priceline) with no penalty, after that we lose one night. We purchased our tickets through touringplans, I’m kind of worried we’re going to eat the cost of those since its’ a third party and not disney directly. Does anyone know if Disney will let you apply the price paid for those tickets to other tickets or are we SOL?

News

Hong Kong Disneyland now closed until further notice Due to Coronavirus.

View attachment 468225
“As a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts taking place across Hong Kong, we are temporarily closing Hong Kong Disneyland Park starting from today (January 26) out of consideration for the health and safety of our Guests and Cast Members. The resort hotels and Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre will remain open. We are in close contact with health authorities and the government about the situation and will announce a reopening date once they determine it is advisable.”

Post credit to HKDLer on WDWMagic

Kind of following up on some of this. The numbers have ballooned dramatically in the past 24 hours. They're now reporting over 50 dead with a little under 2000 infected. And we now have a case confirmed in Orange County, CA. Guess what county DL proper is in?

Before anyone gets panicky I don't think anyone going to CA is at risk. I'm about 90 percent certain I know where that case is at. Since there's a major hospital 10 minutes from DL that I go to frequently for my own doctors. I'm not worried about getting exposed anymore then normal at this point, (I also live 10 minutes from a suspected case here in CO, fun!). But I just felt the need to mention it at least.

Difference is that guy would be in isolation ward now. Have you seen photos of the hospital in that area in China. If you didn't gave it before going to thise hospital you probably have it now. But I know what your saying as we have 3 confirmed people in Sydney Australia and I know one was in Eastwood area which all the trains from my area go through

We purchased “flexible” flights, so I don’t think there is a change fee if we postpone that. February 3rd is our date to cancel the hotel (Boardwalk Villas through priceline) with no penalty, after that we lose one night. We purchased our tickets through touringplans, I’m kind of worried we’re going to eat the cost of those since its’ a third party and not disney directly. Does anyone know if Disney will let you apply the price paid for those tickets to other tickets or are we SOL?

I share your concern. We have a WDW trip booked for 2/25-3/6. Seems inevitable that this will hit WDW by then.

I rented DVC, purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist, and didn't purchase flight insurance, so I'm totally screwed. Going to look into purchasing third-party travel insurance if it isn't too late.

Kind of following up on some of this. The numbers have ballooned dramatically in the past 24 hours. They're now reporting over 50 dead with a little under 2000 infected. And we now have a case confirmed in Orange County, CA. Guess what county DL proper is in?

Before anyone gets panicky I don't think anyone going to CA is at risk. I'm about 90 percent certain I know where that case is at. Since there's a major hospital 10 minutes from DL that I go to frequently for my own doctors. I'm not worried about getting exposed anymore then normal at this point, (I also live 10 minutes from a suspected case here in CO, fun!). But I just felt the need to mention it at least.

I live in OC. The person apparently didn't have much contact with people here before being taken to the hospital and isolated. He arrived from Wuhan into LAX and was presumably visiting or returning to family here in OC and already had symptoms upon landing and was taken via ambulance to the OC hospital. That is what I read, anyway. Not sure how accurate that is. They said they are monitoring people who had "close" contact with the patient.

I share your concern. We have a WDW trip booked for 2/25-3/6. Seems inevitable that this will hit WDW by then.

I rented DVC, purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist, and didn't purchase flight insurance, so I'm totally screwed. Going to look into purchasing third-party travel insurance if it isn't too late.
I think that would be throwing good money after bad at this point. Third party travel insurance isn’t going to cover CFAR at this point and isn’t going to cover cancellation because CV is in Florida. It’s possible that by that point in February airlines might be more forgiving about cancelling flights. The DVC points are going to be tough.

I think that would be throwing good money after bad at this point. Third party travel insurance isn’t going to cover CFAR at this point and isn’t going to cover cancellation because CV is in Florida. It’s possible that by that point in February airlines might be more forgiving about cancelling flights. The DVC points are going to be tough.

Yeah, I'll carefully review any policies I consider, but I'm doubtful anything covers pandemics due to the complexity that would involve. This sucks.

Just want to remind everyone that the flu is all over this country. How many of you think about that when it comes to planning or thinking about travelling anywhere let alone DW or DL with large amounts of people People die everyday in this country from the flu. Many people are hospitalized the young, the elderly, the immune compromised. We are fortunate that we live in a country that has descent healthcare where people can be treated. Should we be aware of this new Coronavirus ? Absolutely and follow any guidelines put out by reputable agencies. I agree that China is probably not the best country to be getting reliable info from and it is scary to read what is happening. Let's hope that all the proper steps are and will be taken to prevent its spread and loss of life not only in China but across the world.

Just want to remind everyone that the flu is all over this country. How many of you think about that when it comes to planning or thinking about travelling anywhere let alone DW or DL with large amounts of people People die everyday in this country from the flu. Many people are hospitalized the young, the elderly, the immune compromised. We are fortunate that we live in a country that has descent healthcare where people can be treated. Should we be aware of this new Coronavirus ? Absolutely and follow any guidelines put out by reputable agencies. I agree that China is probably not the best country to be getting reliable info from and it is scary to read what is happening. Let's hope that all the proper steps are and will be taken to prevent its spread and loss of life not only in China but across the world.
I get the sentiment, but, as has been stated, the flu, while serious, has a mortality rate of .01 percent. Yes, thousands of people die from it every year as a result of millions of people getting it, but if you get the flu 9,999 times out of 10,000 you’re going to be fine. There’s also a flu shot with anywhere between a 19 and 60 percent effectiveness rate that can make your odds even better (and my kids and I get that shot every year). You get this and 3 times out of 100 you’re not fine.

This is not the flu and cannot be compared to the flu.

This is like saying "I am worried about the flu" and someone saying back "people get colds all the time and they are usually fine." A cold is not the flu and the coronavirus is also not the flu.

If resorts are closed for disease containment purposes or some force majeure event, does Disney have a provision to offer credits or rainchecks to booked guests as opposed to only crediting the Disney Vacation Club member whose points were used for a booking or a travel agent which made the booking?

If resorts are closed for disease containment purposes or some force majeure event, does Disney have a provision to offer credits or rainchecks to booked guests as opposed to only crediting the Disney Vacation Club member whose points were used for a booking or a travel agent which made the booking?
You’re probably better off posting that question on one of the DVC sub-forums here, either the member services or the mouscellaneous boards.

This is not the flu and cannot be compared to the flu.

This is like saying "I am worried about the flu" and someone saying back "people get colds all the time and they are usually fine." A cold is not the flu and the coronavirus is also not the flu.

I agree it can’t be compared to the flu but it can be compared to SARS and Ebola which were both deadlier than this virus. Both of those pandemics were contained so assuming right now that it will be all over the US might be jumping the gun.

I agree it can’t be compared to the flu but it can be compared to SARS and Ebola which were both deadlier than this virus. Both of those pandemics were contained so assuming right now that it will be all over the US might be jumping the gun.

SARS and Ebola were certainly deadlier but they were also less infectious. Ebola, particularly, requires transfer of bodily fluids generally. Also Ebola’s high mortality rate is something that paradoxically makes it less dangerous than things like this, because it’s mortality rate is so high, it kills all its carriers and it is not effective at transmitting itself globally. SARs is a closer analogy, but, again, SARS was not transmissible during the incubation period. This is.

I live in OC. The person apparently didn't have much contact with people here before being taken to the hospital and isolated. He arrived from Wuhan into LAX and was presumably visiting or returning to family here in OC and already had symptoms upon landing and was taken via ambulance to the OC hospital. That is what I read, anyway. Not sure how accurate that is. They said they are monitoring people who had "close" contact with the patient.

Thanks for the info. I figured he had to be quarantined by this point I was just more worried where he had gone prior to the quarantine. So this helps alleviate some of my concern at least

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter