Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed in Jamacia building 43 room 4324. I thought this was a great location, however it is a little walk to Centertown. We didn't mind it though as we got to walk through Caribbean Cay (the Island). It was about a 5 minute walk to Centertown and about the same to Spyglass grill. The bus stop is also right there. It will also be very close to what I think will be the walkway to the Skyliner. In addition, there was a Island market and a Coke Freestyle machine right by our room. We didn't realize that coffee is free at the Island Market until a few days in! This is for everyone, even if you are not on the dining plan (we were not). We did end up getting refill mugs. I'm not sure that we would have if the Freestyle machine wasn't so close. There was also a little courtyard right in front of our room and the smaller Jamaica pool right on the other side of the building. We never ended up using that pool. If you have a car the parking lot is right there. It is also very close to the new main entrance so it was easy to get in and out of the resort when we were driving.

Glad you had a great trip! It looks like your room was close to a designated smoking area, is that right?

I was thinking early February would be a great time to go, crowd-wise, but now I'm getting a little nervous. My original reservation (at CBR) was for Feb 3-8. I just called to try to add an extra day and stay until the 9th instead, but there is no availability. I had checked online and got the same result, but I was hoping a live cast member would be able to work a little magic. So I thought about staying the extra night at another moderate or a value resort and the only availability is CSR (don't really want to stay there), POR River View for $306, and AOA Mermaid Room. I didn't think February got busy until President's Week.

Glad you had a great trip! It looks like your room was close to a designated smoking area, is that right?

It's possible. My Dad actually smokes cigars. There was a few nights he went out there to have one, so I'm guessing he found a spot close. I didn't smell or see anything though.

8:15 PM.:)

Banana Cabana also has great Fireworks Views from several spots as well as a Fireworks View "Area" with benches outside of Sebastian's and Banana Cabana on the walkway right by Barefoot Bay.:)

Which fireworks are these? And are they nightly?
Thanks so much
Totally a newbie lol ;)

I was thinking early February would be a great time to go, crowd-wise, but now I'm getting a little nervous. My original reservation (at CBR) was for Feb 3-8. I just called to try to add an extra day and stay until the 9th instead, but there is no availability. I had checked online and got the same result, but I was hoping a live cast member would be able to work a little magic. So I thought about staying the extra night at another moderate or a value resort and the only availability is CSR (don't really want to stay there), POR River View for $306, and AOA Mermaid Room. I didn't think February got busy until President's Week.

Resort occupancy has very little affect on crowd levels at the parks.

Which fireworks are these? And are they nightly?
Thanks so much
Totally a newbie lol ;)
Fireworks from Hollywood Studios and Epcot can be seen(and HEARD!) very well from CBR and Fireworks from Magic Kingdom can be seen in "the distance".:)

Of course,we are talking about the "high fireworks" and not the whole show.:)

The Times Guides will list the days and times for the shows.

For example,tonight's schedule is:

IllumiNations at Epcot-9:00 PM
Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom-9:00 PM
Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular at Hollywood Studios-8:30 PM

OPR is a prime Fireworks viewing location.

Banana Cabana has some excellent spots-if you look VERY closely in the middle of the picture,you can just see a "touch" of Spaceship Earth.:)
45493472132_5f2590bff3_h.jpg

There is even a "Fireworks View "Deck" with benches at OPR where Guests can sit and watch the shows.:)
44818333884_05d08cc3c7_h.jpg

It is really an awesome experience watching the Fireworks right there on Barefoot Bay and the best part is no need to wait for a bus to take you "Home" to your room afterwards!!!!:)

Thank you .. as the older kids will prob last in the parks for fireworks the babies and I ( ok not babies but my babies 4&5 lol ) can still see some fireworks .,
Thank you so much

Fireworks from Hollywood Studios and Epcot can be seen(and HEARD!) very well from CBR and Fireworks from Magic Kingdom can be seen in "the distance".:)

Of course,we are talking about the "high fireworks" and not the whole show.:)

The Times Guides will list the days and times for the shows.

For example,tonight's schedule is:

IllumiNations at Epcot-9:00 PM
Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom-9:00 PM
Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular at Hollywood Studios-8:30 PM

OPR is a prime Fireworks viewing location.

Banana Cabana has some excellent spots-if you look VERY closely in the middle of the picture,you can just see a "touch" of Spaceship Earth.:)
45493472132_5f2590bff3_h.jpg

There is even a "Fireworks View "Deck" with benches at OPR where Guests can sit and watch the shows.:)

It is really an awesome experience watching the Fireworks right there on Barefoot Bay and the best part is no need to wait for a bus to take you "Home" to your room afterwards!!!!:)

We watched the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks from this very spot tonight at 9pm

Just booked five night stay in June! Really excited as we haven’t been here in 13 years. In order to save money and make this possible I booked a standard room. Since we didn’t pay for the preferred room does anyone recommend an area to request. I realize they can’t always meet requests. I have developed some foot issues (plantar fasciitis) and walking four days in parks is gonna be hard enough. Any other CBR tips is greatly appreciated. This was the first Disney resort I ever visited and it’s so exciting to be going home. Thank you!

Just booked five night stay in June! Really excited as we haven’t been here in 13 years. In order to save money and make this possible I booked a standard room. Since we didn’t pay for the preferred room does anyone recommend an area to request. I realize they can’t always meet requests. I have developed some foot issues (plantar fasciitis) and walking four days in parks is gonna be hard enough. Any other CBR tips is greatly appreciated. This was the first Disney resort I ever visited and it’s so exciting to be going home. Thank you!

Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the Main Feature pool.

If (and, this really is a big IF) the Skyliner is operational, that might change where you want to stay. Would you prefer a short walk to OPR, or a short walk to the Skyliner?

If (and, this really is a big IF) the Skyliner is operational, that might change where you want to stay. Would you prefer a short walk to OPR, or a short walk to the Skyliner?
OPR. I won’t be going on Skyliners. I can get claustrophobic in small spaces especially when they aren’t air conditioned. We drive down to Orlando anyways and I love to drive ourselves to the park.

CBR is now offering a Mermaid School if you have an aspiring Ariel .:)

45559736151_f6b34a306e_h.jpg
I guess the question is: is this limited to children? I spent hours singing like Ariel in the pool our summer vacation when I was 8. Would they allow this 36-year-old (actually older by the time I make it back to WDW) to realize her dream of being a mermaid? :rotfl2:

I guess the question is: is this limited to children? I spent hours singing like Ariel in the pool our summer vacation when I was 8. Would they allow this 36-year-old (actually older by the time I make it back to WDW) to realize her dream of being a mermaid? :rotfl2:

Can confirm that adults can be mermaids. Three of us in our 30s were mermaids yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!