Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Where do you catch the bus to MK and AK at this resort?

At any of the 6 (not sure of the exact number) bus stops.

Oooh I thought of one more question if someone has a moment.

I don't necessarily care about getting new towels every day, but it is very important to me that my wet towels have enough room to dry thoroughly between showers and hotels in general are awful about having adequate towel bars.

Does anyone have a photo of the number of towel bars that would be typical in a regular room?

I know someone else posted pictures of all of the towel hooks/bars, but I just wanted to add that I hung my towel up on a hanger after each use. There's a space to hang clothes next to the sink and I just used one of those hangers to hang my towel. Never had a problem with my towel being wet. They also replenished our towels every other day.

What time should we plan to leave each day and how?

12/2-MK
12/3-HS & we have a 9:30 reservation for DS to build a droid
12/4-EP
12/5-MK

No AK this time around since we wanted to do so much at MK. I could buy another ticket for 12/1 since we arrive at 9:40 and the flight is only two hours. This is our first trip and DS has high functioning autism. We will be getting a DAS at the parks just in case. I am getting a little overwhelmed trying to figure out times. We cruise so this is a very different experience.

Are you driving or using Disney transportation? I posted at the top of the previous page the transportation we used to each park & what times we were at the bus stop/skyliner station. To sum it up:

MK: arrived at bus stop just before 7:45. Bus arrived at 8:08, we were on the first bus. Inside MK by 8:40. Park officially open at 9.
HS: arrived at CBR skyliner station at 8. Skyliner started running at 8:45, we were one of the first 10-15 parties on a gondola. Temperature check open & into the park at 9:15. Park officially open at 10.
EP: arrived at Riviera skyliner station around 10:50. Entered through International Gateway around 11:15. Park opened at 11.

Last edited:
Thanks @PirateSnowmen! I saw that and I was still confused. We are using Disney transportation or can Uber/Lyft. So if we are going to the droid thing at 9:30 do we still line up like normal? We don't go earlier? DS doesn't do well waiting for more than 10 minutes and we are trying to prep him now that we may be standing a lot. I am creating some social stories for him.

Thanks @PirateSnowmen! I saw that and I was still confused. We are using Disney transportation or can Uber/Lyft. So if we are going to the droid thing at 9:30 do we still line up like normal? We don't go earlier? DS doesn't do well waiting for more than 10 minutes and we are trying to prep him now that we may be standing a lot. I am creating some social stories for him.

What time is HS opening the day you are going? I should have specified in my post that when we went, HS didn't open (officially) until 10.

If you're just wanting to get there by 9:30 (assuming the park opens at 9?), I don't think there's a huge need to line up early. The skyliner line moves very quickly. If you're wanting to get there early to go on a ride before you create your droid, then I would recommend lining up for the skyliner early. When we went to HS, they started letting cars in through to the parking lot when we were already getting in line for the temperature check. If you do end up wanting to line up for the skyliner early, they only let one party on a gondola at a time, so if you have someone in your party that is able to go get in line & wait, the rest of your party can easily join them later.

What time is HS opening the day you are going? I should have specified in my post that when we went, HS didn't open (officially) until 10.

If you're just wanting to get there by 9:30 (assuming the park opens at 9?), I don't think there's a huge need to line up early. The skyliner line moves very quickly. If you're wanting to get there early to go on a ride before you create your droid, then I would recommend lining up for the skyliner early. When we went to HS, they started letting cars in through to the parking lot when we were already getting in line for the temperature check. If you do end up wanting to line up for the skyliner early, they only let one party on a gondola at a time, so if you have someone in your party that is able to go get in line & wait, the rest of your party can easily join them later.

It says HS opens at 10 that day. :confused3

For us it had an open time of 9am. We got to the skyliner from CBR at 7:45 and it was already operating. We waited about 5-10 minutes there and were off the skyliner and in line for the screening by 8. They opened up security around 8:15 and we were through by 8:20 and into the park.

Interesting. I'm not sure then. We didn't see anyone entering the park early, so I'm not sure if they let people in when they have an early droid time (like they do [used to do?] for dining reservations before the park opens). If you want to minimize waiting in line, you can always Uber/Lyft to the Speedway station & walk from there. That way the only potential line you'd have to wait in is to get into the park, but if you get there after they open, the line would move quickly.

Morning! I just realized that some of my pictures are sideways. I am using my phone to log in and can’t figure out how to flip them.
We are in room 4220 which is in Jamaica and the exact room that I requested through Touring Plans. The walk to the Skyliner is really short and the bus stop isn’t far away either. We have walked over to Old Port Royale a couple times so far and it isn’t bad at all.
Having traveled to Disney during some of the busiest times of the year, and having seen wait times of longer than 120 minutes for the major attractions, we are loving the lower crowds. Most people are heeding the social distancing markets in the queues with some just not paying attention and walking past them. But for the most part, everyone is sticking to the rules and regulations.
I am posting videos, pictures and live updates on Facebook if you want to take a look. Shoot me a private message and I will send you myfull Facebook name.

Does anyone know why Spyglass Grill or Sebastian's Bistro are not open now.... or if they will open in the next couple of months? Thanks in advance!

To Uber to MK, its a little different because you do have to Uber to TTC. But, TTC has a separate drop off area for rideshare so it doesn't matter what time the parking lot opens. We called an Uber around 7:50 and were at the drop-off spot by 8:10. They started us through the temperature check at TTC around 8:25. Once you get through that, you can take either the monorail, ferry, or a bus to MK. The buses had not started running yet and everyone was beelining for the monorail, so we followed suit. We got on the first monorail and had no wait, so we were in the park by 8:40. I think if we had gone to the ferry, we would have waited a few extra minute as I'm sure they don't leave the dock until there's more people on board. But, overall, the rideshare drop-off area at TTC maybe had 75 groups in two formal lines at the time they opened for temperature checks, so it was definitely the least busy option. CMs were there making sure people knew what to do, unlike at the resort bus depots. Worked out perfectly for us.

How much to Uber to MK from CBR? I plan on doing this. Thanks.

Where do y’all recommend to eat breakfast at the resort?
I am definitely not an expert as my first EVER trip starts a bit later today, but my understanding is that right now, only the food court (Centertown Market) and the grab and go are open.

I believe there is also a Joffrey's coffee stand near the Skyliner line that has coffees and a small assortment of pastries.

So Centertown Market is a good option on CBR property.

The Joffreys by the skyliner had donuts, pastries and beverages.

You can also get a mobile order from Primo Piatto at the Riviera. It was about a 7-10 minute walk for me from Jamaica 42 and I rode the skyliner back because it was open at the time I was there.

Edit: Just for information all of my mobile orders at the hotels were placed into paper boxes and I was given a paper bag to take the order with me either to my room or wherever I was headed for the day.

Last edited:
When we were there, Centertown Market at OPR and the Joffrey's kiosk at the Skyliner were the only options on CBR property. As mentioned, you can also walk to the QS at Riviera.

We got pastries and iced coffees from Joffrey's on days we took the Skyliner because were in Jamaica 42 so it would have been out of our way to go all the way over to OPR for breakfast. We thought the pastries were very good, and the iced coffee was my favorite! On our last day, we did breakfast at OPR - I had the Mickey waffles and DH had the bounty platter. Both were good, but options were otherwise limited.

How much to Uber to MK from CBR? I plan on doing this. Thanks.
TTC or Contemporary? We have reservation for breakfast at the Wave on Thursday and plan on taking Lyft.
Just FYI that you can only Uber/Lyft to TTC currently, unless you have an ADR or mobile order at Contemporary. To go from CBR to TTC, the cost is roughly $11-$12 one way. We found Lyft to be slightly cheaper than Uber.

Anyone have any insight as to why in May of 2021 the only available rooms are King?

I don't know why, but after doing some poking around any stay that covers a weekend only has King and Pirate Themed rooms available. If I do all weekday stays, every category is available. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!