Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Are the prices I see now for August going to stay? I’ve stayed the last two summers and loved it but I think I’ve finally been priced out. I know discounts will likely come out but I’m hoping that king bed rooms don’t stay at 300 a night. :/

you can always hold a reservation for now. they only require a marginal refundable deposit upfront and you can cancel up to 5 days before your stay.

Can we purchase WHOLE milk anywhere at Caribbean Beach resort? We'd like to have at least a quart but even a half gallon would be great?

Curious if anyone who's recently stayed has noticed the resort and/or buses become more crowded/congested as a result of the Skyliner? Another posted elsewhere made a comment that they'd be concerned about this with the number of people traveling to CBR just to ride the Skyliner. It got me wondering if anyone has noticed this as an issue so far?

Curious if anyone who's recently stayed has noticed the resort and/or buses become more crowded/congested as a result of the Skyliner? Another posted elsewhere made a comment that they'd be concerned about this with the number of people traveling to CBR just to ride the Skyliner. It got me wondering if anyone has noticed this as an issue so far?

We found just the opposite to be true with the buses. They were noticeably less crowded. We also didn't feel the resort itself was any more crowded. It was still as laid back and relaxing as ever.

Ugh! The prices are getting insane for wdw rooms. All of them.
No doubt-even the "Values".

Because we go so many times a year,we have actually started shortening each of our trips by 2 nights to help compensate.

The $49.00 Passholder rate we could routinely get at a Value just a few short years ago is quite different from the $150.00+ rates for Values now!lol :)

I agree about the prices. We've been faithfully doing our yearly (and occasionally, twice a year) trips for a long time and have some amazing times while there. 2020 will be the first year that we are not going to do a WDW trip. I really want to go during the 50th so we are taking a pass next year to make sure we have the (now considerable) funds needed for that trip. Unlike so many folks that get the "What, you're going again!" line from friends and family, we're getting the "What, you're not going next year!" from ours. Lol.

Is there a "luggage service" at CBR ? (i.e. can I leave luggage at the lobby when I check in early and ask that a porter brings it to my room when the room is ready? Or have I to recover my luggage?).
If there is a porter, will he bring the luggage to the first floor rooms? Thanks

Is there a "luggage service" at CBR ? (i.e. can I leave luggage at the lobby when I check in early and ask that a porter brings it to my room when the room is ready? Or have I to recover my luggage?).
If there is a porter, will he bring the luggage to the first floor rooms? Thanks
Yes, you can store luggage at Bell services and either pick it up yourself or have them deliver it to your room. You must be in your room when they deliver it. They will deliver it to any room on any floor.

Is there someplace to keep milk cold if we have a grocery delivery before our room is ready? Our plane lands at 0835 and I wanted to place a grocery order, mainly for whole milk and snacks for the baby (and maybe some for us, too)? It seems most places at the Disney resorts carry 2% and my daughter in law, being a dietitian for the Dairy counsel, really wants whole milk for my granddaughter.

Is there someplace to keep milk cold if we have a grocery delivery before our room is ready? Our plane lands at 0835 and I wanted to place a grocery order, mainly for whole milk and snacks for the baby (and maybe some for us, too)? It seems most places at the Disney resorts carry 2% and my daughter in law, being a dietitian for the Dairy counsel, really wants whole milk for my granddaughter.
Bell services will keep cold items cold for you. I know they have done it for us when we moved rooms, we haven’t done it but I’m quite sure they will keep cold items cold that you have delivered from grocery delivery services or prime now.

Bell Services will accept the delivery if it arrives before your room is ready and they have large refrigerators to keep perishables cold.

No doubt-even the "Values".

Because we go so many times a year,we have actually started shortening each of our trips by 2 nights to help compensate.

The $49.00 Passholder rate we could routinely get at a Value just a few short years ago is quite different from the $150.00+ rates for Values now!lol :)
i know! $190 for Pop is crazy. I can pay less than that for a room 2x the size with a kitchen on the beach in Ft Lauderdale area. And Mods over $200 with a clothing rod in the bathroom? Ugh.

I agree about the prices. We've been faithfully doing our yearly (and occasionally, twice a year) trips for a long time and have some amazing times while there. 2020 will be the first year that we are not going to do a WDW trip. I really want to go during the 50th so we are taking a pass next year to make sure we have the (now considerable) funds needed for that trip. Unlike so many folks that get the "What, you're going again!" line from friends and family, we're getting the "What, you're not going next year!" from ours. Lol.
I’m in the same situation, used to go 2x a year and AP holder. When the first huge rate hike for APs came out I cut my trips to once a year, no AP.

Then this Year no WDW at all. Huge room rate hikes, food & bev hikes, so much nickle & diming, and can’t stand what they did to Tickets, down to having an exact date of arrival, and tickets expiring before 14 days. So if you’re doing other things in Orlando you cant spread out youre WDW days.

So this year we got Universal AP, stay at their deluxe for less or same as a WDW moderate. So far 2 UA trips. May try to squeak in a 3rd.

We are at CBR now and at Calypso Trading Post they sell half gallon milk jugs of whole and 2%. We bought a whole milk jug it was around $3.50.

Last edited:
Just got here an hour ago! My room placement could not be better for my requirements. We had two rooms, one king and one standard 5th sleeper. I got two connecting rooms with a nice courtyard view in Jamaica 42, right next to the skyline station, a short walk to Spyglass, and not a terrible distance from Centertown. The TP room request form did its job!
Did you also call to have your request added to your reservation? I have not had very much luck with touring plans room request the past 2 years.

Does anyone now what the pool hours right now? We will be there the day after Thanksgiving, and curious as to how late the pool is open. I know it changes with the seasons and weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!