Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Needs some advice. I have been thinking about booking a standard room at CBR for July 2020. I have never booked before until I have had a discount. Should I wait for discounts? I’m thinking CBR will become more in demand with the skyliner being on property and room rates may increase or sell out quicker ?
What do any of you experienced Disney fans think?

Needs some advice. I have been thinking about booking a standard room at CBR for July 2020. I have never booked before until I have had a discount. Should I wait for discounts? I’m thinking CBR will become more in demand with the skyliner being on property and room rates may increase or sell out quicker ?
What do any of you experienced Disney fans think?

If you're going to book/go no matter what, then go ahead and book now. If you'll only book/go with a discount, then wait. Every room booked at rack rate is one less room included in any discount. As far as discounts go, there is zero advantage to having a room booked before they're released.

If you're going to book/go no matter what, then go ahead and book now. If you'll only book/go with a discount, then wait. Every room booked at rack rate is one less room included in any discount. As far as discounts go, there is zero advantage to having a room booked before they're released.
I will just wait then. I always go with a discount. From the MouseSavers I think discounts will come out the first part of January.

Got in yesterday from staying at Caribbean Beach for 8 days. I cam say it is a lovely resort and loved the staff at the trading post.

I opted out of house keeping because I am allergic to whatever Disney uses to wash their bedding and towels. I flew in ON September 5th, due to Hurricane Dorian pur fly plan got changed we were flying further west than normal so we were a later than normal to get in. By the time we got there our room was ready. So I check in. I am Canadian so I have pick up the magic bands (that is why no online check in) and I also wanted to check to see if they got my request. Which they did. Off to a great start. Jamaica 41. I did the dinning plan went off to get the mugs.

Went to the Trading Post and spent time with a lovely cast member name Natalie. She went over to the Grab and Go and got our Halloween mugs. She let us know they just got them in.

Then off to the room, we walked there got to see the resort and looked around. (We let the Magical Express to the luggage).

Come to find our room is right in front of the skyliner and the bus. Standard 5 person sleeper was my room. Loved the room and loved the bed.

Stick to the path to that bus stop. Don't cut across grass.

Ate at Centertown market for breakfast found it to be a bit greasy. Because of my medication I can't have a lot of grease so there was that.

I never did find that freestyle coke machine near my room lol

Cons the late construction of the parking lot they decided to do. So we had to walk all around and people have to move their car. Then they were doing matieance that will effect power for two days.

Otherwise I enjoyed my stay and understand why people love this resort. I do as well.

Feel free to answer questions. I probably should get back to work. But I wanted time to go back.

I have read that if you order groceries through walmart, you have to meet the delivery person. I am assuming they will drop off at the lobby. Can you have bell services help get the stuff to your room? We will have a pretty good size order with getting water and sports drinks.

I have read that if you order groceries through walmart, you have to meet the delivery person.

Correct. Walmart won't adhere to Disney's paper bag only edict for grocery delivery so Bell Services will not accept and store the order for you.

I am assuming they will drop off at the lobby. Can you have bell services help get the stuff to your room? We will have a pretty good size order with getting water and sports drinks.

Yes, Bell Services will help you get your order to your room after you receive it from the delivery person.

Correct. Walmart won't adhere to Disney's paper bag only edict for grocery delivery

This is the first I’m seeing mention of this having skimmed the first and last few pages of the grocery delivery FAQ thread. Do the various companies comply with this? I was planning on using either Prime Now, Insta, or Shipt

This is the first I’m seeing mention of this having skimmed the first and last few pages of the grocery delivery FAQ thread. Do the various companies comply with this? I was planning on using either Prime Now, Insta, or Shipt

Personal experiences with this have been posted within the last couple pages of that thread. Everyone else has complied so far, Walmart has been the only hold out.

I'm booked at CBR for 4 nights in late February.
Any suggestions for a cheaper night's stay prior to checking into the Caribbean?

My situation...
I arrive at 11:44PM on a Saturday night at Sanford Airport (no Magical Express).
The Saturday night rate at the Caribbean is $314. It drops to $246/night for the rest of my stay.
I plan on going to Hollywood Studios at 7AM on Sunday morning for Extra Magic Hours.

I was thinking about getting a cheap ($70) room at the Clarion near Disney Springs for that night and then grabbing an Uber to the Caribbean at 6AM to drop my luggage & get my Magic Band.

I'm also likely doing the dining plan and would prefer it start on Sunday. I only want the dining plan for 4 nights (Sun-Thurs), not 5 nights (Sat-Thurs).

Any flaws with this plan or anything I'm overlooking?

[side note: All Star resorts are running $249+ for the Saturday night in question]
Plan sounds good. We are also staying late February and got decent rate at Hyatt airport for Saturday night. Originally our flight was getting in very late. Then time switched to earlier so tried to add night on front end at CBR but only pirate rooms available. Yes, Saturday rates much higher than week nights. Will keep trying but airport will be okay.

What building does everyone like to request? I upgraded to a water view and would like to be close to the main pool as well as not too far of a walk to the skyliner.

If you are going for the skyline, consider requesting Aruba 55. Its right near the Riviera station

I'm booked at CBR for November 16-21st, looking for the best building to request - I wonder if the Riviera skyliner station will be open before the actual Riviera resort opens?

Okay I am SUPER stoked about the coffee shop. This will be a great option for those of us in standard rooms to pick up a coffee and a quick bite for breakfast in the AM on our way to HS and Epcot. Great idea!
Me too! ☕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!