Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sebastian's Bistro / Banana Cabana Question

I remember reading months ago, when Sebastian's Bistro first opened, that the entire menu was offered at Banana Cabana. Is that still the case? We currently have a dinner reservation for Sebastian's Bistro on our arrival day. While a sit down dinner would be nice, I think the option to order Sebastian's from Banana Cabana might work better for our situation...our situation being three kids that will be on a high from just arriving to Disney World and seeing Fuentes del Morro Pool and the resort as a whole!

Has Sebastian's started doing Lunch again? You can't get breakfast from Sebastian's from Banana Cabana so I think it's just the dinner?

In relation to Banana Cabana dinner menu, current closing time is 11 pm, do you think we can order our dinner until 11 pm? At this moment Sebastian bistro closing time is 10 pm.

My question is because we are going to arrive late our first night so I do not know if we can take the advantage of dining in Banaba cabana any of Sebastian’s bistro dishes

Thank you

In relation to Banana Cabana dinner menu, current closing time is 11 pm, do you think we can order our dinner until 11 pm? At this moment Sebastian bistro closing time is 10 pm.

My question is because we are going to arrive late our first night so I do not know if we can take the advantage of dining in Banaba cabana any of Sebastian’s bistro dishes

Thank you

I don't know for sure, but my inclination would be no.

Just returned from 11 nights at CBR. My first stay there.

For reference, we're a family of four, with two boys, 9 and 5. We've previously stayed at POR, Wilderness Lodge and Coronado Springs (my fam without me last year). We are generally at the parks all day and evening, leaving in the morning and returning after 9pm. That means that we don't spend much time at the resort itself.

This is a list of things as they come to mind...

Pirate Room - We stayed one night in a PR, which was really well themed but the double beds were too small for us and the mattresses were horrible. I'm glad we opted to move over to Jamaica for the following 10 nights.

Absolutely no signs of construction on the property while we were there beyond the gondola stations and Riviera. The grounds were immaculate.

CBR is a nice property but I prefer the look and feel of POR. However, with Skyliner, I would stay at CBR over POR unless there was a big price difference.

Standard Room - Nice, clean and spacious. We were in building 46 and faced the parking lot. I did not hear any vehicles and wouldn't hesitate to stay in a standard room again. We could also see the bus stop from our room, which meant proximity was nice.

We had a Freestyle soft drink machine just around the corner from our room. That was really nice and convenient, especially after a long day in the parks.

Mouse Keeping - It was either excellent or poor each day. Some days they seem to really go above and beyond and others they seemed to miss the most basic things.

Pool - On our arrival day, my boys played in at the big pool. They really enjoyed it there and they've never really liked the POR pool. But, we only went once, as we went to the parks each of the other days. The pool seems more suitable for kids, with multiple slides and lots of places to play. A nice surprise.

Centertown Market - I was not impressed with the selection there. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a parfait and oats as I had done in 2017 at POR. If it's still available, you could get them made to order. The oats at Spyglass were very disappointing. My wife and I ended up just eating protein bars for breakfast. I'm glad I ordered a bunch from Amazon.

Buses - they came to the Jamaica and Aruba side regularly. I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes at any time. Also, in the morning, they split the resort so we were never on a full bus and always had a seat. Jamaica and Aruba had their own buses.

Going home was a different matter. The buses were packed, as they always are at the end of the night. The bus would stop at Martinique, on the far side of the resort first, which meant that we were the fifth stop. If you had the energy, getting off at Old Port Royale and trekking over to Jamaica was faster. No complaints, just food for thought.

Skyliner - what a great looking system. I look forward to using it on our next trip. I hope they paint the poles as they standout out in an unappealing way.

This will be our first stay at CBR of the WDW resorts and I have been reading some reviews on trip advisor lately that the rooms have been quite "buggy", as in people have been kiling or cleaning up quite a bit of dead/alive bugs. Is this a common theme for the resort, due to location, or perhaps due to the construction? My guess is second floor would be better for this concern?

Thanks in advance.

This will be our first stay at CBR of the WDW resorts and I have been reading some reviews on trip advisor lately that the rooms have been quite "buggy", as in people have been kiling or cleaning up quite a bit of dead/alive bugs. Is this a common theme for the resort, due to location, or perhaps due to the construction? My guess is second floor would be better for this concern?

Thanks in advance.

We have over 50 nights at CBR and have not experienced anything like you describe. We had family there over Spring Break with no issues. We had friends there 3 weeks ago and also no issues. Now for the past 2 weeks and for the next 2-3 weeks is Love Bug Season in Florida. They are completely harmless but do swarm and are very annoying. If the reviews were very recent, this is what they were dealing with. They are an issue at every WDW resort in May and September every year.

I booked a king size bed thinking I could just put my son on an air mattress on the ground. Space wise, will there be room for him on the ground??

We have over 50 nights at CBR and have not experienced anything like you describe. We had family there over Spring Break with no issues. We had friends there 3 weeks ago and also no issues. Now for the past 2 weeks and for the next 2-3 weeks is Love Bug Season in Florida. They are completely harmless but do swarm and are very annoying. If the reviews were very recent, this is what they were dealing with. They are an issue at every WDW resort in May and September every year.
We are here now and there are definitely itely love bugs flying around....bit never once have I seen a big in our room. We've been here since friday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!