Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Flying in late tonight and just got my room assignment - Barbados, building 33. I booked a preferred room, and it looks from this map like this is probably the worst building possibility for a preferred room (in terms of distance from the lobby area). Is that right? I've never been to CBR - how long of a walk do you think I'll have from my building to the lobby? It's hard to judge from the little maps. I'm thinking about calling to see if I can get moved to a building closer to the lobby.
We've just left Barbados 33 and loved it. Yes, it's the furthest Preferred from Centretown but only about a 3 minute walk. But, it's right next to the Barbados quiet pool, it's right across the road from the Barbados bus stop and the Barbados Coke freestyle machine is in 33.

We've just left Barbados 33 and loved it. Yes, it's the furthest Preferred from Centretown but only about a 3 minute walk. But, it's right next to the Barbados quiet pool, it's right across the road from the Barbados bus stop and the Barbados Coke freestyle machine is in 33.
And from 33 it is not a bad walk up to Spyglass.

Do you have to purchase a refillable mug to use the freestyle machines in the individual villages?

I just booked a Pirate Water View Room for next Halloween (October 30-November 7). I am assuming all or most of the construction will be done by then? I haven't stayed at CBR since 2003, so I don't know what to expect? Is it worth it for the extra money instead of staying at Pop or All Star Sports? We were originally booked at Pop for this trip, but I just changed it and hope I don't regret the extra money!

I just booked a Pirate Water View Room for next Halloween (October 30-November 7). I am assuming all or most of the construction will be done by then? I haven't stayed at CBR since 2003, so I don't know what to expect? Is it worth it for the extra money instead of staying at Pop or All Star Sports? We were originally booked at Pop for this trip, but I just changed it and hope I don't regret the extra money!

Yes, all of the CBR construction is done now. Of course, the Skyliner construction is still ongoing (mostly just the stations now) and also the Riviera Resort construction next door that will be going on for quite some time, as well.

What type of things would have to happen for you to regret it? Maybe we can give you info around that.

I was in the Pirate Rooms last March and booked there again for this Thanksgiving. Unless I was really on a budget, there is no way I could do those 2 values after staying at CBR.

FYI for those who have asked (including myself!). Uber has been dropping me at my building (Barbados 32) all weekend with no problem. I’ve still been walking to OPR for pickups, only because it’s relatively close, and easier than explaining to my driver how to find my building!

I didn't know they had freestyle machines? Are these new and is there a map on where they are located? Does anyone have a picture of one?

They were installed about 18 months ago. They are located in Buildings 25,55,52,46,43,33,34,38 by the 1st Floor ice machines and at OPR.

FYI for those who have asked (including myself!). Uber has been dropping me at my building (Barbados 32) all weekend with no problem. I’ve still been walking to OPR for pickups, only because it’s relatively close, and easier than explaining to my driver how to find my building!
Yes,they are definitely still not on "on the same page"-some CMs are telling Guests Uber can only come to OPR and some CMs are telling Guests Uber can come to the Islands.:)

At any rate,they are currently not stopping Uber from accessing the Islands:).

For anyone recently there, how has the food situation at OPR going? Getting any better since the initial reopen?

Yes,they are definitely still not on "on the same page"-some CMs are telling Guests Uber can only come to OPR and some CMs are telling Guests Uber can come to the Islands.:)

At any rate,they are currently not stopping Uber from accessing the Islands:).
Guess it's hard to stop them really.
Ironically, our Bell Services driver at check-out moaned that he couldn't get near OPR for all the Uber/Lyft drivers, said he wished that they still let them go to the islands.

For anyone recently there, how has the food situation at OPR going? Getting any better since the initial reopen?
I would like to know too. Now we will have a 4 night stay in May with daughter/boyfriend AND another 5 night stay in Dec 2019 with son/dil/grandbaby!

I guess I should have been more specific. The people I am traveling with wanted to stay at CBR for the Pirate room. I think the biggest thing is there will be 4 adults (all in our 20s) staying in the room. The values gave me anxiety of having enough room. I have considered changing over to a suite at AoA. I like the ease of the food court and busses at Pop and All Star Sports, having multiple bus stops makes me anxious of taking forever for transit, whereas the values I can see how far back I am in a bus line and know how many busses it will be when I am going to the parks. Do the CBR busses come frequently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!