Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi. I've been reading lots of varying info on the bus routes at CBR. Can anyone share the most current bus routes? I'm interested in knowing if there is more than one route, as well as what order the stops are. I'm sure you all share my concern about being the last village on the route and not being able to board because bus is full. Especially since we're not renting a vehicle and would rather not spend the extra money for MinnieVan, etc. Thanks for all the awesome posts!
P.S. Any chance of Skyliner opening ahead of schedule, say January 2019?
Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba. In the mornings busses will leave the resort after Trinidad - Jamaica & Aruba have there own bus.

Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba. In the mornings busses will leave the resort after Trinidad - Jamaica & Aruba have there own bus.

Do they drop off from the parks in the same order? (That is, coming from the parks, is Martinique the first stop?)

dansdad, do you still recommend Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 now that the entrance is moved and OPR is reopened?

Okay, I made my reservation. According to the travel assistant I just talked to, you cannot book connecting rooms of two different categories (2 queen room plus a king room). It has to be the same category. Also, you can only get guaranteed adjoining rooms in the non-preferred area, but you can get guaranteed connecting rooms in the preferred category. I don't know if it is worth spending another $500/room is worth it for a connecting room plus preferred location so I just booked the standard category for now, thinking I could always change it if I decide it IS worth it.

Let the long wait begin!
Hope you spoke to someone else - that is a whole lot of bad info there lol

CBR is now offering a Mermaid School if you have an aspiring Ariel .:)
Can confirm that adults can be mermaids. Three of us in our 30s were mermaids yesterday!

Anyone have more info on this? I think some of the kids would really enjoy it!

Last edited:
Is Matinique still standard? We will be going in January, and wondering if that would be a good request. We are booked standard view with room for 5. Would like to be close to OPR. While on the topic of requests, do you have to call them in now? Looking at the online check in, for room requests, when I click there is not drop down. It gives me no request options.

Is Matinique still standard?

Rumor has it that the rooms currently classified as Standard in Martinique will be moving back to Preferred but don't know for sure or when.

We will be going in January, and wondering if that would be a good request. We are booked standard view with room for 5. Would like to be close to OPR.

Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool.

While on the topic of requests, do you have to call them in now? Looking at the online check in, for room requests, when I click there is not drop down. It gives me no request options.

Yes, the room request section online has been broken for months now. It's still best to call your requests in.

Yes, I did talk to someone else who was more helpful. I have a request in for a king room linked to a 2 queen room, so we will see how that goes. I also decided to splurge for preferred. After thinking about it, one of the things that I really appreciated about my trip to AoA was being so close to the main area. It just made things a lot more relaxing. Looking forward to checking out CBR next year around this time! I do hope the gondolas are up and running.

Is Matinique still standard? We will be going in January, and wondering if that would be a good request. We are booked standard view with room for 5. Would like to be close to OPR. While on the topic of requests, do you have to call them in now? Looking at the online check in, for room requests, when I click there is not drop down. It gives me no request options.
No, they changed back to Preferred when the new OPR opened.

As of this week, they're still assigning guests that booked Standard in those rooms.
And have been assigning guests who booked Preferred since the first week of OPR reopening. I guess there's a crossover period until the numbers stack up.

RIP Centertown Buffet-all that remains is the "Order Counter".:)

45657424491_056771e7fc_h.jpg

I've been looking at general WDW info for planning bounce back trips before an upcoming visit. Pretty sure I'm going to book for March 2019 while I'm there in a couple weeks. Any CBR specific insights and tips for bounce back bookings would be awesome!

Anyone have more info on this? I think some of the kids would really enjoy it!

It just started so CMs had incomplete info when one of my roommates tried to sign up. The sign at the bus stops said to go to the concierge desk but they couldn't sign us up at the time. Hopefully they've sorted that out now. I think she had to call someone and then go to the pool and then wait for someone else to call back to confirm there were spaces. The fee had to be charged to our room ($50 per person, ends up roughly $53 after tax) and they did that at the pool when we signed our waivers.

Everyone gets to pick out their own tail, there's a few color options and there are adult and child sized tails available. First thing was learning "mermaid landing" which is basically just turning with the fin on so you don't bend it backwards (which would hurt the tail and your feet!). Then we practiced swimming with the tails on, and getting "treasures" off the bottom of the pool, and swimming through hoops. Ended with free swimming but we didn't get free run of the entire pool (possibly because of the small children?) and I would have enjoyed having more room to move around. It lasted a little less than hour because it starts an hour before the main pool opens.

Bring a camera or your phone if you want pictures and make sure there's someone who can take the photos since you can't get out the pool while wearing the tail. We had to ask the mom of two of the kids to take a few pictures for us because how could we be mermaids without photographic evidence? A CM to take photos would have been helpful and I had kind of been hoping for something like a commemorative pin but alas there were no trinkets to keep. I'm not sure I'd do it again (unless I went with my sister who I am sure would want to be a mermaid) but it was definitely worth doing once for me and my companions.

Flying in late tonight and just got my room assignment - Barbados, building 33. I booked a preferred room, and it looks from this map like this is probably the worst building possibility for a preferred room (in terms of distance from the lobby area). Is that right? I've never been to CBR - how long of a walk do you think I'll have from my building to the lobby? It's hard to judge from the little maps. I'm thinking about calling to see if I can get moved to a building closer to the lobby.

Flying in late tonight and just got my room assignment - Barbados, building 33. I booked a preferred room, and it looks from this map like this is probably the worst building possibility for a preferred room (in terms of distance from the lobby area). Is that right? I've never been to CBR - how long of a walk do you think I'll have from my building to the lobby? It's hard to judge from the little maps. I'm thinking about calling to see if I can get moved to a building closer to the lobby.

Barbados is as close to OPR and the Main Feature pool you can get. You'll be maybe 2 minutes from the lobby. I guess you could ask to be moved to Barbados 32 or 31 and have a 1 minute walk.

Last edited:

Are you looking at an old map? Barbados used to be where they are now building the Riviera Resort. And the old Trinidad North is now Barbados.

Are you looking at an old map? Barbados used to be where they are now building the Riviera Resort. And the old Trinidad North is now Barbados.

I looked at a new map ( although ironically, the map that they sent me with my room notification was an old map!). It just looks like out of the preferred rooms in Martinique and Barbados, Barbados 33 was the farthest away from the lobby out of those buildings - I can definitely see that it’s a lot closer than buildings in some of the other areas. Glad to hear that I won’t be far away! I think I just psyched myself out from reading how big and spread out CBR is. Thanks for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!