Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Fireworks from Hollywood Studios and Epcot can be seen(and HEARD!) very well from CBR and Fireworks from Magic Kingdom can be seen in "the distance".:)

Of course,we are talking about the "high fireworks" and not the whole show.:)

The Times Guides will list the days and times for the shows.

For example,tonight's schedule is:

IllumiNations at Epcot-9:00 PM
Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom-9:00 PM
Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular at Hollywood Studios-8:30 PM

OPR is a prime Fireworks viewing location.

Banana Cabana has some excellent spots-if you look VERY closely in the middle of the picture,you can just see a "touch" of Spaceship Earth.:)
45493472132_5f2590bff3_h.jpg

There is even a "Fireworks View "Deck" with benches at OPR where Guests can sit and watch the shows.:)
44818333884_05d08cc3c7_h.jpg

It is really an awesome experience watching the Fireworks right there on Barefoot Bay and the best part is no need to wait for a bus to take you "Home" to your room afterwards!!!!:)
Great pictures!This looks like an awesome spot to watch fireworks and have a drink! Do you know if you can order food at Banana Cabana?

Thanks for this. I'm hoping they iron out these Centertown wait time problems before our Feb trip. I'm still disappointed that they aren't serving lunch there. I did at least see TimTracker's video of the Grab n Go area and they have some decent salads and a few hot items at least, but would really prefer the build your own bowl thing for a midday break lunch... oh well.
I watched a Passport to the Parks livestream yesterday and he asked about lunch. They said perhaps after Thanksgiving they would add it.

Hi everyone! I'm planning a totally spontaneous last minute trip to Disney for this coming weekend! There are some great last-minute rates at CBR that I'm thinking about taking advantage of. Normally I'd research this to death, but time is tight, so I'm hoping y'all won't mind answering a couple of questions that are probably answered 50 times already in this thread.

What building would you recommend if my number 1 concern is being close to where Uber or Lyft can pick me up? (Is there just one central spot for Uber/Lyft pick-ups, or multiple?) My secondary concern is being close to the lobby/check-in area.

Speaking of the lobby/check-in area, that is in the Old Port Royale/Centertown building, correct?

Finally, I know Riviera is under construction right next door, and the Skyliner is under construction, but otherwise is the construction AT CBR completed?

Thanks so much!

We just stayed in Trinidad North. Was super convenient to pool, and new lobby, etc. Main bus stop just steps away. Rooms are a little small and seem very hotel-ish compared to the resorts we typically stay at, but it slept 5 and the kids were more than happy. We booked for the same reason you did... great rate.

I thought you can pick up uber in front of your building?

Really good info in this thread lately and some great pics of the new construction\finished up areas!

We booked a free dining bounce back for next August, two weeks, during our stay this past August at CSR and booked CBR. I had some thoughts about switching to WL, our overall favorite resort, but honestly, after seeing the updates at CBR to the rooms, common areas, food court etc., I think we will be keeping the CBR res. Heck, it saves us $1600 over upgrading to a deluxe, and honestly, I'm really looking forward to staying here now.

The funniest thing is with the free dining bounce back, we actually prefer getting "only" the counter service at a mod rather than the full plan on the deluxe so that makes the decision even easier, lol.

Hi everyone! I'm planning a totally spontaneous last minute trip to Disney for this coming weekend! There are some great last-minute rates at CBR that I'm thinking about taking advantage of. Normally I'd research this to death, but time is tight, so I'm hoping y'all won't mind answering a couple of questions that are probably answered 50 times already in this thread.

What building would you recommend if my number 1 concern is being close to where Uber or Lyft can pick me up? (Is there just one central spot for Uber/Lyft pick-ups, or multiple?) My secondary concern is being close to the lobby/check-in area.

Speaking of the lobby/check-in area, that is in the Old Port Royale/Centertown building, correct?

Finally, I know Riviera is under construction right next door, and the Skyliner is under construction, but otherwise is the construction AT CBR completed?

Thanks so much!

To actually answer your questions instead of being cynical (Mondays do that to me)..

Yes, check in lobby area is at Old Port Royale / Centertown, the old Custom House building has been demolished. So Centertown is... the center, where most amenities will be found.

For closeness to OPR, to be guaranteed close you would need to book a Preferred Room and they would place you in Martinique or Barbados. If you booked Standard (like me) then you will be in Jamaica or Aruba... I'm told Jamaica 45 is a good request because of its proximity to the bridge over to OPR. I'm sure @dansdad can have better or more accurate suggestion as I'm not as familiar.

Secondly you heard that they are discouraging Uber pickup at the islands.

Lastly, yes other than Gondola and Riviera construction at CBR itself is complete... I'm curious if they will do soft goods refurb in the rooms within the year but for now, nothing.

I hope you have a great trip .

Does anyone know how many usb ports there are in the pirate rooms?

Definitely 2 usb and a seperate 4 regular plugs on the stand between the beds. The mini fridge stand has the same 2 usb and 4 regular plugs. I want to say the tv and dresser combo has a couple usb but could be misremembering. Just regular wall plugs by the sink.

Definitely 2 usb and a seperate 4 regular plugs on the stand between the beds. The mini fridge stand has the same 2 usb and 4 regular plugs. I want to say the tv and dresser combo has a couple usb but could be misremembering. Just regular wall plugs by the sink.
ok - thank you.

Great pictures!This looks like an awesome spot to watch fireworks and have a drink! Do you know if you can order food at Banana Cabana?
You can definitely order food-there is a door the Banana Cabana staff uses that goes directly to Sebastian's kitchen.:)

We watched the fireworks the other night from the pictured table and it is indeed AWESOME!:)

And the Banana Cabana staff is stellar.

45493472132_5f2590bff3_h.jpg

Hi. I've been reading lots of varying info on the bus routes at CBR. Can anyone share the most current bus routes? I'm interested in knowing if there is more than one route, as well as what order the stops are. I'm sure you all share my concern about being the last village on the route and not being able to board because bus is full. Especially since we're not renting a vehicle and would rather not spend the extra money for MinnieVan, etc. Thanks for all the awesome posts!
P.S. Any chance of Skyliner opening ahead of schedule, say January 2019?

Hi. I've been reading lots of varying info on the bus routes at CBR. Can anyone share the most current bus routes? I'm interested in knowing if there is more than one route, as well as what order the stops are. I'm sure you all share my concern about being the last village on the route and not being able to board because bus is full. Especially since we're not renting a vehicle and would rather not spend the extra money for MinnieVan, etc. Thanks for all the awesome posts!
P.S. Any chance of Skyliner opening ahead of schedule, say January 2019?
No on Jan skyline. Not even close

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!