Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got room. Martinique building 25.

Can we walk to pool from there or only internal bus to get to pool

TIA
BAM!!!:)

Awesome location right next to OPR and FIRST stop for the Buses!

The only place you may want to take a bus is Spyglass Grill-just hop on the Internal or any of the Park buses(whichever bus comes first) and get off at Trinidad.:)

Wonderful. Thank you so much. The map link disney included with text looks like no sidewalks and only roads and therefore bus only. Lol. Must be old map
Construction at OPR "closed" the direct walkway from Martinique to OPR,but it is back open.:)

haven’t made it to room yet. Food area is chaotic. Lots of staff waiting around with lots of people sitting a waiting for food. Lots of managers wondering too.

No Halloween resort mugs. Bummed there

After waiting 23 min for my quick service, to go, I overheard a cm telling someone else the wait was 45 min for food. I verified that and canceled my order.

I asked if that was normal for quick service and two cast members said yes. also they do not advertise the wait.

Went to get a large box of cereal (they don’t have) but ended up with a bag of doughnuts. (Don’t judge). To check out they don’t have the flow yet. Bunch of cast members standing blocking The drawer of bags when he was wrapping me up.

Thinking they have lots of newish resort/cast member kinks

Last edited:

haven’t made it to room yet. Food area is chaotic. Lots of staff waiting around with lots of people sitting a waiting for food. Lots of managers wondering too.

No Halloween resort mugs. Bummed there

After waiting 23 min for my quick service, to go, I overheard a cm telling someone else the wait was 45 min for food. I verified that and canceled my order.

I asked if that was normal for quick service and two cast members said yes. also they do not advertise the wait.

Went to get a large box of cereal (they don’t have) but ended up with a bag of doughnuts. (Don’t judge). To check out they don’t have the flow yet. Bunch of cast members standing blocking The drawer of bags when he was wrapping me up.

Thinking they have lots of newish resort/cast member kinks

Thanks for the info! Hope your trip is improving as it goes on. :)
I have to say, it sounds a little disconcerting reading this. I know it's just quick service, but this doesn't sound too quick.
I also know they are probably trying to iron out the kinks to a new system, but still, there is no doubt you pay a premium to stay at Disney resorts. I don't think it's wrong to expect a little more.

I have to say, it sounds a little disconcerting reading this. I know it's just quick service, but this doesn't sound too quick.
I also know they are probably trying to iron out the kinks to a new system, but still, there is no doubt you pay a premium to stay at Disney resorts. I don't think it's wrong to expect a little more.
It’s not like this is the first food court Disney or even CBR has run- I don’t get how many “kinks” they seem to be having. 45 min for quick service is not acceptable, I don’t want to spend that much time waiting for my food with 4 kids waiting- we may as well have an ADR and get 20% off with TIW with those waits. I’m also wondering about the one ordering line I’ve been reading about instead of one at each food station like all other food courts at the large value and moderate resorts.

I have my first solo trip planned for 1/6-1/11. I have a King Room booked and could use some help in what to request for room location. I will not have a car and will be going to the parks each day along with QS dining. I mostly want to feel safe being by myself and coming and going at night. Any recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks so much,
Denise

I have my first solo trip planned for 1/6-1/11. I have a King Room booked and could use some help in what to request for room location. I will not have a car and will be going to the parks each day along with QS dining. I mostly want to feel safe being by myself and coming and going at night. Any recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks so much,
Denise
I'm sure others will chime in soon with some room location recommendations but I would think in general DisneyWorld is a pretty safe place, as long as you stay aware. And, taking the buses means you'll more than likely always have other guests around so I wouldn't worry about that too much.
I've actually been considering a solo trip myself but not sure if I'd have enough fun on my own to make it worth my while. No doubt, my hats off to you too!
I have both an extra airline ticket I need to use, (would need to pay change fees of course), and a five day park hopper ticket that we acquired one year when my wife had to back out at the last minute. I've been so tempted to check out the refurbs at the Caribbean as I have some extra time but ... well, I don't want to make excuses but I'm kind of feeling ... um.. well... chicken, ha ha! I do live far off, in Oregon, so long flight and all. I just feel like I might feel weird missing my kids or eating alone, how do you do it Denise?

I'm sure others will chime in soon with some room location recommendations but I would think in general DisneyWorld is a pretty safe place, as long as you stay aware. And, taking the buses means you'll more than likely always have other guests around so I wouldn't worry about that too much.
I've actually been considering a solo trip myself but not sure if I'd have enough fun on my own to make it worth my while. No doubt, my hats off to you too!
I have both an extra airline ticket I need to use, (would need to pay change fees of course), and a five day park hopper ticket that we acquired one year when my wife had to back out at the last minute. I've been so tempted to check out the refurbs at the Caribbean as I have some extra time but ... well, I don't want to make excuses but I'm kind of feeling ... um.. well... chicken, ha ha! I do live far off, in Oregon, so long flight and all. I just feel like I might feel weird missing my kids or eating alone, how do you do it Denise?

Well, I chickened out the first time I tried to plan a solo trip last year. Feeling all the same things you expressed. As a family, we shared many Disney trips. My husband and I discovered that we also loved Disney without our children who are now 20 and 23. This particular trip is about celebrating life and remembering the things I enjoyed so much...as a family, as a couple and hopefully, on my own. Life has changed so much in the last 4 years. Tragedy struck, my husband was diagnosed with rapid progressing early onset alzheimers disease. Without getting into details, our life has been decimated...plans, dreams, retirement, financial stability, etc...For a while, I thought I would never do any of the things that we use to enjoy together, but slowly, I have been finding new ways to experience these things. I guess I am making choices about doing things I want to do without letting what scares me keeping me from doing them...hence the room request:P

Well, I'm impressed! I'm sorry of course about your hardships but I find it very inspirational that you choose to do some things that you want to do, even if they are a bit out of the comfort zone. I'll have to give some more consideration to a possible trip to CBR on my own as well, (but I'm not making any promises, :-)).

We just had a great conversation with some CBR Managers this AM and they confirmed that Guests will be able to walk back and forth between CBR and DRR.:)

I think a lot of CBR Guests will want to make a Reservation at the Rooftop Restaurant at DRR-the Fireworks views are going to be spectacular!:)
(Sebastians also has several tables with EXCELLENT Fireworks views.)

I will be staying at CBR for the first time next month for one night before a Disney cruise. I have some questions as I am unfamiliar with this resort. What are the dining options here besides Sebastian's for dinner (the menu doesn't appeal to me at all)? If we decided to go to Disney Springs instead of just staying at CBR, how convenient/far is it to go there from this resort? I was just reading some posts in this thread about being able to see fireworks. Where are the viewing locations for the fireworks? If we just spend the evening here, are there any recommendations for activities to do or areas to walk around and see? Thanks for any information that anyone can offer me in helping me plan my night at this resort.

Agree. DH order cheeseburger at 5:00 last night and took easily 35 min from order to receive.

Meanwhile I discovered the banana cabana and waited there with drinks in hand. Order the wings also. Delicious!!! Much much better than any DH’s food.

We just had a great conversation with some CBR Managers this AM and they confirmed that Guests will be able to walk back and forth between CBR and DRR.:)

I think a lot of CBR Guests will want to make a Reservation at the Rooftop Restaurant at DRR-the Fireworks views are going to be spectacular!:)
(Sebastians also has several tables with EXCELLENT Fireworks views.)
I have never heard of the Rooftop restaurant at DDR? Where is it and what is DDR?

Agree. DH order cheeseburger at 5:00 last night and took easily 35 min from order to receive.

Meanwhile I discovered the banana cabana and waited there with drinks in hand. Order the wings also. Delicious!!! Much much better than any DH’s food.
Wow 35 minutes is to long. So maybe the Banana Cabana would be a better idea to get a quick bite to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!