Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Guess I'll call. Would you call guest services or resort reservations? I know the groups are different.

Resort reservations can type your room request directly on your reservation at any time. You don't have wait until a week out. They have a place to makes notes for the room assigner.

First ever post. We just returned home for our trip, and I wanted to share some info. Centertown Market is indeed closed for lunch. Breakfast is relatively quick, but dinner is about an hour or more wait for food after ordering so plan accordingly if you will be eating there. They do not have mobile ordering running yet. I'm not sure if the kitchen is too small for how large the menu is or some other issue, but the long waits at dinner seemed consistent each night of our stay.

I'm not sure if this is changed as I had not stayed at this resort previously, but the bus loop is Martinique, Old Port Royale, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, and Aruba. We were in Jamaica 46, right above the freestyle machine which was great. The walk to OPR was a few minutes and it was less than 10 to Spyglass
The marina is open now as well. Bike rentals were $9 for an hour or $18 for the entire day.

I apologize if this has been asked, but are there connecting rooms with one room being a king bed and one being two double beds?

I apologize if this has been asked, but are there connecting rooms with one room being a king bed and one being two double beds?
Not with two doubles, but Yes with two Queens which is hopefully what you meant.

First ever post. We just returned home for our trip, and I wanted to share some info. Centertown Market is indeed closed for lunch. Breakfast is relatively quick, but dinner is about an hour or more wait for food after ordering so plan accordingly if you will be eating there. They do not have mobile ordering running yet. I'm not sure if the kitchen is too small for how large the menu is or some other issue, but the long waits at dinner seemed consistent each night of our stay.

I'm not sure if this is changed as I had not stayed at this resort previously, but the bus loop is Martinique, Old Port Royale, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, and Aruba. We were in Jamaica 46, right above the freestyle machine which was great. The walk to OPR was a few minutes and it was less than 10 to Spyglass
The marina is open now as well. Bike rentals were $9 for an hour or $18 for the entire day.
Great info.:)

Welcome to The DIS!:)

Thanks for this. I'm hoping they iron out these Centertown wait time problems before our Feb trip. I'm still disappointed that they aren't serving lunch there. I did at least see TimTracker's video of the Grab n Go area and they have some decent salads and a few hot items at least, but would really prefer the build your own bowl thing for a midday break lunch... oh well.

Is the food court being closed for lunch the final plan? I assumed that would change soon, and was just because it just opened. If it’s permanent, what is the reason for this? There aren’t any other food courts or quick service locations at the resorts that aren’t open for lunch, are there? And if there are, at least not the main or only one at the resort. It seems ridiculous to me, when I first read it wasn’t open for lunch I was sure that was not correct information, and I was floored when I realized it was!

the bus loop is Martinique, Old Port Royale, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, and Aruba. We were in Jamaica 46, right above the freestyle machine which was great.

Any issues with the bus arriving at Jamaica and being full already?

Any issues with the bus arriving at Jamaica and being full already?
YES! We just returned home on Tuesday after a 3 night stay. Our first morning we were heading to DHS for early morning entry. We walked to Old Port Royale because we forgot something the night before when we checked in. The first bus was saying it would arrive at 7:02, and FINALLY showed up at 7:27. It stopped at Barbados after us and was so full, it skipped the rest of the stops. The next day we went to Magic Kingdom and when we got to the Jamaica stop, it was so full, we walked to Old Port Royale and caught one there. It was crazy! The return trips were not any easier. We did MNSSHP on Sunday night. We left the park around 12:20 to head to bus stop and didn't get back to our room until almost 2:00am. Then on Monday night Magic Kingdom closed at 10:00. When we arrived at the bus stop at 10:34, the line was outside of the turnstiles. We got to the Jamaica stop at 12:22. French Quarter bus stop was just as full when we arrived, but they sent two buses for every one of our CBR buses. They emptied that whole stop in about 30 minutes.

I love CBR. I have defended it for years as we have always had great bus experiences and I love the resort itself. The last time we were there in 2016 they had two bus loops (we were in Martinique so the bus only did it, Trinidad North, Old Port Royale and maybe Trinidad South). We never had an issue. This time was a nightmare. We spent our first 7 nights at Yacht Club and never waited more than 7 minutes for a bus to/from the parks. It was NOT the case at CBR. As much as I love the new lobby, dining, etc at CBR, I won't stay there again until the buses are fixed. They should have more buses in the rotation since it takes so long to go around the resort. Every single bus we were on for 3 days was packed to the gill with two rows standing down the middle.

We are planning a July trip. From what I’ve read, there should be no more construction going on, including the gondola transportation. The only construction will be the new DVC property nearby. Do I have this right? I’m trying to decide between CB and Corando and I might be mixing up construction updates and timeframes.

YES! We just returned home on Tuesday after a 3 night stay. Our first morning we were heading to DHS for early morning entry. We walked to Old Port Royale because we forgot something the night before when we checked in. The first bus was saying it would arrive at 7:02, and FINALLY showed up at 7:27. It stopped at Barbados after us and was so full, it skipped the rest of the stops. The next day we went to Magic Kingdom and when we got to the Jamaica stop, it was so full, we walked to Old Port Royale and caught one there. It was crazy! The return trips were not any easier. We did MNSSHP on Sunday night. We left the park around 12:20 to head to bus stop and didn't get back to our room until almost 2:00am. Then on Monday night Magic Kingdom closed at 10:00. When we arrived at the bus stop at 10:34, the line was outside of the turnstiles. We got to the Jamaica stop at 12:22. French Quarter bus stop was just as full when we arrived, but they sent two buses for every one of our CBR buses. They emptied that whole stop in about 30 minutes.
I hope they get this fixed before January!!

I love CBR. I have defended it for years as we have always had great bus experiences and I love the resort itself. The last time we were there in 2016 they had two bus loops (we were in Martinique so the bus only did it, Trinidad North, Old Port Royale and maybe Trinidad South). We never had an issue. This time was a nightmare. We spent our first 7 nights at Yacht Club and never waited more than 7 minutes for a bus to/from the parks. It was NOT the case at CBR. As much as I love the new lobby, dining, etc at CBR, I won't stay there again until the buses are fixed. They should have more buses in the rotation since it takes so long to go around the resort. Every single bus we were on for 3 days was packed to the gill with two rows standing down the middle.

This is a bummer to read! We are staying there Dec 27-31, so obviously a busy time. We also have 6 people including 2 toddlers, so our only other option is a Minnie van- no regular Lyft or Uber for us. We’ll see how it goes, I really don’t want to rent a car and deal with that, the expense of the rental, and the parking fees.

Ughhh. We'll be there in Feb and this is my biggest worry and I see it over and over. I'd love it if you would send a complaint to guest services about this... maybe if they get enough of a volume they'll actually do something about it. Although, for Feb, a "low crowd" time I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Ughhh. We'll be there in Feb and this is my biggest worry and I see it over and over. I'd love it if you would send a complaint to guest services about this... maybe if they get enough of a volume they'll actually do something about it. Although, for Feb, a "low crowd" time I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.
It's definitely on my list to email guest services. I was so frustrated about the buses! I was also super sad because I do love this resort so very much. I will only stay in the future if I have my own car.

Is the food court being closed for lunch the final plan? I assumed that would change soon, and was just because it just opened. If it’s permanent, what is the reason for this? There aren’t any other food courts or quick service locations at the resorts that aren’t open for lunch, are there? And if there are, at least not the main or only one at the resort. It seems ridiculous to me, when I first read it wasn’t open for lunch I was sure that was not correct information, and I was floored when I realized it was!
To add to this,

It seems to me that those with special dietary needs, such as allergies, could have problems with the grab and go. One of the best things about Disney QS venues is the chef will always come out, and specially prepare allergy friendly meals.

Hopefully someone can shed light on this aspect.

To add to this,

It seems to me that those with special dietary needs, such as allergies, could have problems with the grab and go. One of the best things about Disney QS venues is the chef will always come out, and specially prepare allergy friendly meals.

Hopefully someone can shed light on this aspect.
I agree, and I hadn't thought of that! We need gluten free, so can't do much at grab n go. Luckily we won't be at the resort that much where we would need to eat at lunchtime, we could probably get breakfast and not do lunch, then eat out TS dinner since we don't usually eat 3 meals a day anyway. However, it's irritating we don't have a food court to eat at for lunch at a huge resort!

I agree, and I hadn't thought of that! We need gluten free, so can't do much at grab n go. Luckily we won't be at the resort that much where we would need to eat at lunchtime, we could probably get breakfast and not do lunch, then eat out TS dinner since we don't usually eat 3 meals a day anyway. However, it's irritating we don't have a food court to eat at for lunch at a huge resort!
Hopefully this changes by the summer. We're coming to CBR after a Disney cruise, and should be getting there just around lunch time. We plan on using the day as a resort day, before hitting the parks the next day. OPR was our planned lunch! With gf/df in our group, not sure what we are going to do.

Oh I hate that when the buses are so packed. I did not experience this at CBR but did Pop a few years ago. I think I was able to sit instead of stand maybe two times on our whole 4 day stay.

Yeah, this is discouraging reading today >:(
I was thinking it would be so wonderful to visit soon to see the new upgrades but reading this about no lunch and buses packed to the hilt is discouraging. Hopefully the lunch thing is temporary and also when the gondolas arrive some time next year, that should make the buses less relevant. With my luck, as soon as the gondolas start running they will start refurbishing the main pool or something, pirate:

Okay, I made my reservation. According to the travel assistant I just talked to, you cannot book connecting rooms of two different categories (2 queen room plus a king room). It has to be the same category. Also, you can only get guaranteed adjoining rooms in the non-preferred area, but you can get guaranteed connecting rooms in the preferred category. I don't know if it is worth spending another $500/room is worth it for a connecting room plus preferred location so I just booked the standard category for now, thinking I could always change it if I decide it IS worth it.

Let the long wait begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!