Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I am so so sorry to ask questions that have probably been answered 100 times since opening but I am beyond swamped planning for this trip which begins FRIDAY!!! We last stay the first week of construction in 2016. We were in Jamaica which was great since at the time, it was the 1st drop off/pick up and was convenient to the main pool. Also had a really short walk to the bus stop. We had faxed the room request.

We are booked standard this trip. Myself, DH and DS (4). We will spend at last half of our time at the resort and the pool. Suggestions for room requests?

I was going to just make a request for central location. Close to pool and to buses. Should I request a specific area?

Also does anyone have the fax number accessible? I searched for my prior request and realized I deleted it. UGH!

Thank you so much!

I am so so sorry to ask questions that have probably been answered 100 times since opening but I am beyond swamped planning for this trip which begins FRIDAY!!! We last stay the first week of construction in 2016. We were in Jamaica which was great since at the time, it was the 1st drop off/pick up and was convenient to the main pool. Also had a really short walk to the bus stop. We had faxed the room request.

We are booked standard this trip. Myself, DH and DS (4). We will spend at last half of our time at the resort and the pool. Suggestions for room requests?

I was going to just make a request for central location. Close to pool and to buses. Should I request a specific area?

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations for a Standard room. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool and are closer than some of the Preferred Rooms in Barbados (formerly Trinidad North) and Martinique. Since every Village has its own bus stop, you will always be close to one no matter where you are.

Also does anyone have the fax number accessible? I searched for my prior request and realized I deleted it. UGH!

Thank you so much!

The fax number is (407) 934-3667. However, your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add your requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Hope you have an awesome trip!

Once things are fully up and running is the fax thing a viable tactic, or is that a thing of the past that people think is the most effective way to do it today? Calling soon after booking and then around a week out to double check has worked great the past few years it seems.

Once things are fully up and running is the fax thing a viable tactic, or is that a thing of the past that people think is the most effective way to do it today? Calling soon after booking and then around a week out to double check has worked great the past few years it seems.

Fax is still an option. I much prefer to call though. With a fax, there is more of a chance that your request doesn't get attached to your reservation. Once the fax get received, it has to be pulled off the machine and placed in a bin marked for arrivals during a date range. Then when the assignors are assigning rooms for that date range when it comes time to assign your room, if they have time, they have to go through the bin and find the fax you sent for your reservation. When you call it in, the phone CM types it directly into your reservation. So when it comes time to assign your room, the assignor automatically sees your requests along with the other pertinent details such as room type, number of nights, etc.

Having said all that, even if the room assignors actually see your requests sometimes they just can't be met.

Good info, I can see it as a good back up insurance (to hoping for the best) to calling in request.

Also, from a relative that is currently there for 2 nights before an Animal Kingdom Lodge stay, you can get half gallons of milk from Calypso Trading Post store from Centertown.

Guess I'll call. Would you call guest services or resort reservations? I know the groups are different. I agree with everything you said. I like to think the why is important though.

Does CBR have the Halloween refillable mugs?

Has anyone posted the October resort activities/calendar? And if so, can someone please direct me to the post.

Thank you... Trying to plan Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.

Ok... need some help / suggestions on the buses and room location request

We have 2 rooms booked - one "Water or pool view" and one " king bed"

We will be utilizing the buses and transportation the most, which location is the First bus stop? we will be there during Christmas, And i dont want to deal with the buses being full before they get to our stop.

If we are picked up by Uber do we go to the custom house or will they come to our building?

Not anymore, or they're not supposed to anyhow. Only Minnie Vans can/should be picking up at buildings, others at OPR .
Thanks-they came to our building last trip-that is a shame they have changed policy since OPR reopened and Custom House closed-especially for Trinidad Guests!lol:)

So I'm starting to research options for the next trip. CBR was one of the stops for ME on the way back to MCO and I started thinking about that as an option. What rooms will be closest to the Skyliner station?

So I'm starting to research options for the next trip. CBR was one of the stops for ME on the way back to MCO and I started thinking about that as an option. What rooms will be closest to the Skyliner station?
Jamaica will be closest to the CBR station. Aruba will be pretty close to the Riviera station but it's not known if there will be access to it from CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!