Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'll jump on the Skyliner - GAME CHANGER!

• The ease of going to HS and EPCOT is unbelievable.
  • On our RotR day, we didn't take a bag, needed it later in the day to go to AK. My husband took the Skyliner back over to CBR, got the bag, came back to HS and met us for our lunch reservation at SciFi. Walking from SciFi to the station, to our room in Barbados 31, back to the station, to HS, through security and back to SciFi - 40 minutes. NO WAY a bus could get you there that fast.
  • My son wanted to go to AoA to see the Cars movie section, hopped on the Skyliner.
  • We went to EPCOT, it was super busy (Festival of the Arts), we left mid afternoon to head back to CBR to swim. So easy. No wait.
  • We actually took the Skyliner to HS to get a bus to MK. It was 1000% better than the CBR buses.
  • Believe every horror story you hear about the CBR buses. They take forever, too many stops and don't come often enough.
  • Depending on my park priorities for our next trip, CBR might not make the cut because of the buses, yes, they are that bad.

Thank you for that rundown! I think we'll head to HS to get a MK bus too, if we don't take Lyft.
I can't say it was faster. But less stressful. MK opened at 9. We stopped at Joffrey's at the Skyliner station and got coffee. Rode the Skyliner over to HS. Got in the bus line for MK, waited about 10 minutes.

Now if I could just eliminate the park bag, that would speed up our entering MK! (But we have to have the autograph book, markers, sunglass cases..... ) 🤷‍♀️

They take forever, too many stops and don't come often enough.
Is it still true that park buses at CBR service no more than 4 of the 7 CBR stops? One of our gripes when we stayed in 2012 was that it took forever to circle through the 7 bus stops, because we boarded at one of the first ones. I had read that in recent years, this was changed so that one set of buses service the first half of stops, while a second set of buses service the second half of stops. 4 stops is still a lot, but its at least consisent with POR and CSR buses.

Is it still true that park buses at CBR service no more than 4 of the 7 CBR stops? One of our gripes when we stayed in 2012 was that it took forever to circle through the 7 bus stops, because we boarded at one of the first ones. I had read that in recent years, this was changed so that one set of buses service the first half of stops, while a second set of buses service the second half of stops. 4 stops is still a lot, but its at least consisent with POR and CSR buses.
Our most recent trip to CBR was July 2019. In the morning, there was one bus that went to Martinique, Old Port Royale, Barbados and Trinidad. A different bus came to Jamaica and Aruba. However in the middle of the day, and at night a bus went around to all the stops. There IS "only" 6 stops now instead of 7 as they tore down a village a few years ago to build the tower.

Maybe in the morning they split the resort. But when we came back from AK on a Friday night, they stopped at Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique, OPR, Barbados, then Trinidad.

When we came back from MK, they stopped at Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica then Aruba.

They were not splitting the resort and it was busy, we were there MLK weekend.

We were there for President's week and the EXACT same bus situations occurred! I agree with everything in regards to the Skyliner...it was AMAZING, but the busses are the reason we would not stay at CBR again. Loved the Skyliner, loved the resort, loved the new lobby area, not a fan of the new food court, and the busses were atrocious!

We will have our car and are staying 7/2-7/7. Do you think it is better to just drive our own car to MK on 7/3 instead of relying on the bus?

Your room location won't make a difference for getting to HS in time. When you get to the bus stop will. For an 8AM opening, I would be at the bus stop by 6:45-7:00AM.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations. Both are pretty equidistant to both Skyliner Stations, Food Court and the Main Feature Pool
They don't take faxes and there is no email address. Call the Main Reservations line and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Our DU TA requested Jamaica 45 on our behalf - do you recommend that we also do a call 4-5 days out with this same request?

If I do direct to room check in I am concerned I wont be able to change the location of the room if they dont honor the request - which has happened on previous trips at various disney resorts - but the check in staff have been able to move us. So Im thinking of opting out of direct to room - do you have any thoughts on that? We are arriving by car on a Sunday around 2.

Is the Coke Freestyle machine near 45 used for the refillable mugs you can buy? Can the mugs be refilled in the parks too - I forget. Is the only place near 45 to get coffee OPR - nothing closer?

Thanks a bunch!

Our DU TA requested Jamaica 45 on our behalf - do you recommend that we also do a call 4-5 days out with this same request?

I would call and ask the phone CM to read you any requests on your reservation. If they read back Jamaica 45 then you're all set. If they say something else or there's none, then request they add it.

If I do direct to room check in I am concerned I wont be able to change the location of the room if they dont honor the request - which has happened on previous trips at various disney resorts - but the check in staff have been able to move us. So Im thinking of opting out of direct to room - do you have any thoughts on that?

I always recommend doing Online Checkin. There's zero difference in getting your room requests granted or switching rooms if you do Online Checkin or not. Just an FYI, not everyone that does Online Checkin gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Some still have to stop by to check in.

Is the Coke Freestyle machine near 45 used for the refillable mugs you can buy?

Yup.

Can the mugs be refilled in the parks too - I forget.

No.

Is the only place near 45 to get coffee OPR - nothing closer?

Thanks a bunch!

You can make some in your room. OPR is the next closest spot.

I always recommend doing Online Checkin. There's zero difference in getting your room requests granted or switching rooms if you do Online Checkin or not. Just an FYI, not everyone that does Online Checkin gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Some still have to stop by to check in.

Thanks! I already did do online check in. I’m actually asking about the Direct to Room option. If I do that I’m concerned if the room isn’t in 45.

Attachments

• 30BB4228-843F-422E-B4C8-3B2330B02414.jpeg
    30BB4228-843F-422E-B4C8-3B2330B02414.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks! I already did do online check in. I’m actually asking about the Direct to Room option. If I do that I’m concerned if the room isn’t in 45.

Like I said before, not everyone that does Online Checkin gets to Bypass The Front Desk and go directly to your room. BUT, even if you do get your room ready text with your room number and can go directly to your room and don't get your requested location you can ask to be moved. Being able to go directly to your room makes no difference in getting your requests or changing rooms if you want. Nothing to worry about.

We will have our car and are staying 7/2-7/7. Do you think it is better to just drive our own car to MK on 7/3 instead of relying on the bus?
We booked at CBR for our summer trip mainly for the Skyliner to Epcot and HS. We plan to focus on those 2 resorts. Will probably only go to MK one day and even though we may drive to Disney this time, we will likely take Lyft or Uber. If you drive, you have to park far from the actual entrance and then take the monorail to MK.
We used Lyft and Uber several times last year and the cost was $8-10 max.

For anyone wanting to get a boarding group from here. We were at the Jamaica (where we stayed) stop by 6:30 bus came at 6:48 and 6:45 on the days we went to get boarding groups (and succeed). Through bag check and taps. by 7:20ish.

We just returned from a 3-night stay at CBR (did a split stay with YC) and we loved our room! Did online check-in, got our room around 12:45pm, and we were upgraded to a preferred room in Martinique ... which was the complete opposite of the room request we faxed in and called into reservations.

We wanted to be in Aruba 52 or 51 so that we could be close to the Skyliner - headed to front desk and they were extremely helpful. Switched us over to a second-floor room in Aruba 52 and upgraded us to a pool view!

Room was great - love the new bathrooms (double sinks for the win) and fridge was a great size! Location was prime - less than a 5 minute walk to the Riviera Resort Skyliner Station (which is life changing)! Riviera was also a very short walk - and had some great food options (also great places to sit/hang outside). Main Pool at CBR was fun - but felt a little crowded at times - and we were there when it was a bit cold. Hot Tub was nowhere near big enough (especially when groups of kids descend upon it like a large bathtub 😂 ). We much preferred the quiet pool in Aruba - lots of seating and always quiet!

Bus Transportation was a nightmare - we did it once on the way back from MK and it took close to an hour. Aruba is also not the best building if you are relying on bus transportation (often the last stop). We used Uber anytime we didn't use the Skyliner - picked us up in the parking loop behind Aruba - super convenient - and not too expensive!

Food Court was good - not too many options - use Mobile Order to save lots of time!!

I currently have a water view booked and I keep checking for openings in a standard view. Couldn't care less about a water view and I'd rather be guaranteed to be in Jamaica or Aruba

The thing is, if they need to for operational reasons, they can upgrade you out of the Standard room. It has happened to me twice. Once they "upgraded" me to a Pirate room over Marathon Weekend and I politely asked to be "downgraded" and they were able to change me to a Preferred Room, the other time they upgraded me to a King room.

So even though you book Standard, they could always upgrade you.

In spite of not being a huge fan of the skyliner (especially as a solo having been made to share with another solo in spite of there being no line for them - and us being stuck for 10-15 minutes), I've decided to suck it up and change to CBR for my birthday trip. It's always been my favorite resort and it's been a while since I've stayed there. Only 133 days to go.

Is there a phone number to call the desk to change room locations? Like if we got a room ready text before we arrived and we were not where we wanted. Has anyone done this? Called and ask for another room while still traveling to arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter