Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are pop fans too but,we are changing to CBR for a more laidback atmosphere...pop can get really crazy
Just did the exact same thing for my 4-night stay in May! I'm usually at the Pop too, but I decided to upgrade to CBR after my inner dialogue told me to "Treat Yo' Self"! It'll be nice to be in a more resort-like atmosphere.

Did the standard/preferred layout change after the Skyline opened or is it still as shown below(minus the missing rooms of course)?

cbrmap3-537x600.png

Hello! We are counting down the days (13) until we check-in at CBR from February 1st - 8th. We are traveling down this time with 10 total family members along with bringing our daughter for her first ever trip to WDW. I just had a few last quick questions that I hope someone can help with. We are trying to make this trip as smooth as possible!

Are the Skyliner hours pretty steady? Does it run from a certain time before DHS or Epcot open? I am asking for two main reasons.

1.) First of all, we are hoping to get over to (and inside) DHS before open (listed as 9am opening) to secure ROTR boarding passes. Should we take the bus or the Skyliner? Would either matter if we are trying to board by 8am? I know the buses are running different schedules now. How would you recommend we attempt to travel to ensure we make it on time?

2.) Secondly, we have an Epcot breakfast reservation for 8:05am on Friday 2/7/20 (listed as 9am opening). For this day I am guessing we will not be able to rely on buses or the Skyliner for transportation? We will have to Uber / Lyft/ Minnie Van?

Did the standard/preferred layout change after the Skyline opened or is it still as shown below(minus the missing rooms of course)?

cbrmap3-537x600.png

Standard and Preferred have not changed. However, that map is very misleading. Jamaica and Aruba have Standard, Standard 5th Sleeper, Water/Pool View and King rooms. Martinique and Barbados have Preferred, Water/Pool View 5th Sleeper, Water/Pool View and King rooms.

Hello! We are counting down the days (13) until we check-in at CBR from February 1st - 8th. We are traveling down this time with 10 total family members along with bringing our daughter for her first ever trip to WDW. I just had a few last quick questions that I hope someone can help with. We are trying to make this trip as smooth as possible!

Are the Skyliner hours pretty steady? Does it run from a certain time before DHS or Epcot open? I am asking for two main reasons.

Yes, the operating hours are 8AM-10:30PM.

1.) First of all, we are hoping to get over to (and inside) DHS before open (listed as 9am opening) to secure ROTR boarding passes. Should we take the bus or the Skyliner?

Bus.

Would either matter if we are trying to board by 8am?

Definitely bus.

I know the buses are running different schedules now. How would you recommend we attempt to travel to ensure we make it on time?

Buses run normally except when the Skyliner is running. Once the Skyliner starts running, buses for Epcot and DHS run every hour.

2.) Secondly, we have an Epcot breakfast reservation for 8:05am on Friday 2/7/20 (listed as 9am opening). For this day I am guessing we will not be able to rely on buses or the Skyliner for transportation? We will have to Uber / Lyft/ Minnie Van?

Buses are great for pre park opening ADRs. I would be at the bus stop by 6:45.

If someone will never take the Skyliner because they don’t like heights is it worth staying at this resort or would we be better off at a different moderate?

This is such a cry me a river comment. Boo hoo hoo, there's only 1 bus PER HOUR I can take instead of the 6 minute journey on a skyliner. My life is so hard. Boo CBR. Never staying again!!! Boo hoo hoo.
Honestly people.
I don”t think it is boo hoo, if you have someone that is terrified of heights which be thankful if you are not one of them is it worth waiting an hour for bus service to go to Epcot or HS in order to stay at CBR? That was the question. Why the rudeness?

I don”t think it is boo hoo, if you have someone that is terrified of heights which be thankful if you are not one of them is it worth waiting an hour for bus service to go to Epcot or HS in order to stay at CBR? That was the question. Why the rudeness?

Agreed. The person was afraid of heights so not taking the Skyliner. Reduced bus times would impact them, and it was a legitimate question. The pp must not have bothered to read the full question. Definitely no need for the rude comments. Honestly!

Last edited:
Good morning all, what category room do I need to book to be able to request Aruba buildings?

Also does CBR have corner rooms?
Thanks for your help!!

Good morning all, what category room do I need to book to be able to request Aruba buildings?

Also does CBR have corner rooms?
Thanks for your help!!
Any category except Pirate or Preferred would create the possibility of being in Aruba. About 40% of rooms are corner rooms.

Note BTW that the more specific criteria you add in your request, the less chance of getting them all, and the more possibility of confusion for the room assigner. So "Aruba+Corner" is harder to get than "Aruba."

Any category except Pirate or Preferred would create the possibility of being in Aruba. About 40% of rooms are corner rooms.

Note BTW that the more specific criteria you add in your request, the less chance of getting them all, and the more possibility of confusion for the room assigner. So "Aruba+Corner" is harder to get than "Aruba."
I use the touring plan room request and it works like a charm! It allows me to even request a building as well as corner room with no issues.. I've been very successful with requests using them! I'll be requesting aruba,a building #, corner room,first floor as I use a scooter. thank you for your help!

I’m thinking about requesting building 51 Aruba. I watched a video a few month back and it looked like the ground was a mess around it from the construction of the skyliner. For anyone who has been there lately does it still look bad?
I also wanted to know is there any advantage to taking the skyliner to Epcot to get on the monorail for MK? Or is this even possible because i think the skyliner is at the International gateway?

Last edited:
If someone will never take the Skyliner because they don’t like heights is it worth staying at this resort or would we be better off at a different moderate?

Hi Poohbear. I'm someone who won't ride the Skyliner because of anxiety, but we're staying at CBR for ten nights next February, because I absolutely love the resort! I've taken into consideration that we're rope-droppers, so we'll be on the regular buses before the Skyliner opens. And when we return to the resort for afternoon breaks and park hop, our schedule is such that we're not going to HS or Epcot. And if all else fails, we'll call Uber if we don't want to wait for a bus.

Believe me, I've had people think it's incredulous that I'm staying at CBR and not using the Skyliner. And unfortunately, I've had people criticize me for not "just trying it" or "you have to find a way to get over your anxiety," but I don't care. I love CBR.

You'll have to weigh what works for you and your party. I know for me, my traveling to/from the parks is early morning, and I'm fine with waiting for a bus to get back from DHS and Epcot. I don't mind those inconveniences for staying at a resort I love. Good luck with your decision! ☺

1.) First of all, we are hoping to get over to (and inside) DHS before open (listed as 9am opening) to secure ROTR boarding passes. Should we take the bus or the Skyliner? Would either matter if we are trying to board by 8am? I know the buses are running different schedules now. How would you recommend we attempt to travel to ensure we make it on time?

We just got back on the 18th. During the 10th to 18th the Skyliner was posting operating times of 7Am-10PM at Hollywood Studios and around 7-8Am to 10 PM at Epcot.

If you want ROR please note that the HS has extended their operating hours and is opening at 7AM now through at least March. This is the same time the Skyliner starts operation so don't bank on using the Skyliner. You need to be swiped into the park before 7AM as the Boarding Passes become available at 7AM sharp and everyone needs to be in the park to be in a Group. The Skyliner may start before 7AM but don't bank on that or the bus as they reduced bus service to HS. Take a Lyft and get there by 615 to assure you are in the park. Lyft takes you to the front gate and is less than $10. So for the cost its well worth it.If you get there after 7Am you may not get a Boarding Group. We go Boarding Groups on 4 different days of 45, 23, 23 and 8 so we were lucky. On the weekends they were into backup Groups is minutes.

Check Skyliner operating times. Its only a 10 minute ride but takes you in at the International Gateway. With the bus you have to traverse the entire park.

Enjoy. BTW there is the main Skyliner Station at the South end of the resort and the Riveria Station at the north end. Depending where you are it can be a hike.

I just wanted to say, that's cute. As if getting over one's anxieties was that easy... :confused3Have s great time at CBR!

Just so no one is mistaken, I'm not saying that to folks in my quote....I'm saying what folks have told me, unfortunately. 😔 I don't want anyone under the impression that it's my thoughts on anxiety. You're right, Barbanellie.....if it could be that easy, we'd do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter