Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked a room at CBR with a bounceback offer for next December. Took the skyliner a few times from Epcot to Hollywood studios and LOVED it, so naturally wanted to try out this resort for our first time. The only room they had available was a pirate room, which I am not so thrilled about because of the double beds. Think it's worth it to switch to the following week and pay an extra $200 for a preferred room? Will the pirate rooms be a closer walk to the skyliner as compared to the preferred rooms? If so, I might be willing to suck it up!
I would switch. Either a preferred room or standard and request a location in Jamaica or Aruba close to Caribbean Cay. If I had to share a double bed, no way. Someone would end up on the floor lol.

Just booked a room at CBR with a bounceback offer for next December. Took the skyliner a few times from Epcot to Hollywood studios and LOVED it, so naturally wanted to try out this resort for our first time. The only room they had available was a pirate room, which I am not so thrilled about because of the double beds. Think it's worth it to switch to the following week and pay an extra $200 for a preferred room? Will the pirate rooms be a closer walk to the skyliner as compared to the preferred rooms? If so, I might be willing to suck it up!
If you were to switch, I would just switch to a standard view room. We did the same thing as you....booked a bounceback free dining Oct 2018 for dec 2019 and the only category left was water view Pirate room. I was ok with it since I knew I could request the Pirate building closest to the Skyliner, which services both DHS and Epcot. I believe the Pirate water view rooms are the most expensive at CBR. When we arrived i was told we were moved to a water-view standard room. I didnt complain because I was happier with the queen sized beds but I did pay for the more expensive room and that wasn't where we ended up. I did express this when we checked in but the CM said this was a better room.....but now I'm a little concerned that no compensation was even extended to us!

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, and Jamaica.
Wherever this came from, it's seriously out of date. To create space for Riviera, CB lost 9 buildings several years ago--so it has 1,536 rooms now. Acreage is a little harder to figure out, but it lost ~40-50 acres. EXCLUDING Trinidad, it's now the second easiest mod to get around (after POFQ) and in my opinion the gondola now makes it the most convenient moderate.

Wherever this came from, it's seriously out of date. To create space for Riviera, CB lost 9 buildings several years ago--so it has 1,536 rooms now. Acreage is a little harder to figure out, but it lost ~40-50 acres. EXCLUDING Trinidad, it's now the second easiest mod to get around (after POFQ) and in my opinion the gondola now makes it the most convenient moderate.

I never found CBR that big even before the buildings were removed. It's such a peaceful resort maybe that helps it out. Last time we were there they were mid construction. We are planning on trying out a deluxe resort for our September trip and I keep thinking "but I love CBR". I'm sure the gondolas have just added to how wonderful the resort is.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, and Jamaica.

With POR coming in at 2048. I always felt CBR was larger, not just because it has more rooms, but the layout, like CSR built around a lake, while POR built along a river has many bridges to get you to the main buildings making it a lot less walking. Way easier to get around.

Like @DavidHobart said, now CBR only has 1536 rooms and it now has the same footprint as POR and CSR.

I will concur with the sentiments regarding the ease of getting around. And the Skyliner! I think it may be the best thing that has happened to CBR. It was so relaxing and beautiful, esp at sunset! So easy with little or no wait every time we rode (about 10 times last week).

I have never understood the complaints about how big CBR is and how much one has to walk while there. What do those folks do in the parks? There is so much more walking there. And, like so many, we travel there in the winter and one of the real attractions is the ability to walk around leisurely in warm sunshine unlike having to tolerate all the snow and ice that we left at home.

I have never understood the complaints about how big CBR is and how much one has to walk while there. What do those folks do in the parks? There is so much more walking there. And, like so many, we travel there in the winter and one of the real attractions is the ability to walk around leisurely in warm sunshine unlike having to tolerate all the snow and ice that we left at home.
CBR was the first WDW we ever stayed at and we didn’t have a long walk, but we were in Jamaica on the lake path fairly close to the bridge over to food court. I think if you are in one of the farthest rooms/buildings you may have a hike. While it may be pleasant in January, in August with the blistering heat or down pours, T-Storms it may not be so enjoyable.

It was on Dis, wdwinfo.com! I’m looking forward to our stay in August. It’s been many years since our last stay.

So I have a reservation booked at POP.. but really debating changing to CBR... never stayed there before.. and price difference is $50 a night.. so nothing crazy. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Is the pool/ambience/food/rooms all worth it??? Thanks!!

So I have a reservation booked at POP.. but really debating changing to CBR... never stayed there before.. and price difference is $50 a night.. so nothing crazy. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Is the pool/ambience/food/rooms all worth it??? Thanks!!

In our opinion, yes. What you will get at CBR over Pop:

Larger Rooms
Ceiling fans
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds
Table Service restaurant
Pool slides
Hot tub
Laid back relaxed atmoshpere

Now it's up to you to determine if that is worth the extra $.

Last edited:
In our opinion, yes. What you will get at CBR over Pop:

Larger Rooms
Ceiling fans
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds
Table Service restaurant
Pool slides
Hot tub
Laid back relaxed atmoshpere

Now it's up to you to determine if that is worth the extra $.

Nice!!!! We were at POP last year and going back next May.. DH is a creature of habit.. I like to try new hotels each time. I think we just might upgrade.. thank you!!

For a $50 per night difference, I think it's a no brainer. We love POP, but CBR is really a step up. To us, feels more like a lower end deluxe than a mod. Bigger rooms, nicer decor, grounds, food and a really nice pool. (Oh, and don't forget the Skyliner addition)! I'd say go for it.

Last edited:
The room size difference between the moderates and the values is often underrated, and is best appreciated by a split stay--a few nights in a value, and a few in a moderate.

The "living area" in a moderate (that is, excluding the bath, and in the deluxes the entry hall it takes to get beyond the bath) is bigger than that in AKL and WL, and comparable to the Epcot deluxes.

I agree with Dansdad. I have stayed at Pop for a 10 day trip early Dec a couple of years ago with a friend. We got the new rooms which were great. It was only me in the room so I didn't need the pull out bed. We had adjoining rooms.
Now Pop has the Skyliner too. But aside from nice new rooms and Skyliner Pop doesn’t have much to offer. Imo. And I couldn’t imagine 4 in one of those rooms. It was great for just me though lol.
CBR is much more relaxing, grounds are beautiful. I am looking forward to our stay. I never look forward to Pop, it’s just a place to sleep for me.

I agree with Dansdad. I have stayed at Pop for a 10 day trip early Dec a couple of years ago with a friend. We got the new rooms which were great. It was only me in the room so I didn't need the pull out bed. We had adjoining rooms.
Now Pop has the Skyliner too. But aside from nice new rooms and Skyliner Pop doesn’t have much to offer. Imo. And I couldn’t imagine 4 in one of those rooms. It was great for just me though lol.
CBR is much more relaxing, grounds are beautiful. I am looking forward to our stay. I never look forward to Pop, it’s just a place to sleep for me.

Good to know!!! Thanks so much!! We made the switch today!!!!!

For a $50 per night difference, I think it's another brainer. We love POP, but CBR is really a step up. To us, feels more like a lower end deluxe than a mod. Bigger rooms, nicer decor, grounds, food and a really nice pool. (Oh, and don't forget the Skyliner addition)! I'd say go for it.
The room size difference between the moderates and the values is often underrated, and is best appreciated by a split stay--a few nights in a value, and a few in a moderate.

The "living area" in a moderate (that is, excluding the bath, and in the deluxes the entry hall it takes to get beyond the bath) is bigger than that in AKL and WL, and comparable to the Epcot deluxes.

Thanks for the input!!! We decided to make the switch!!!!!

This. We only had a 1 night stay at Pop, for the SWGE previews and I actually liked the rooms.....dh didn't so much as he felt it was much noisier than CBR is (especially while in the rooms). CBR is a very relaxing and beautiful resort. I see you already made the switch, I just wanted to comment! Also, others have mentioned how much they loved Spyglass Grill. We had a terrible experience there. The food was great and I liked the menu options....but we mobile ordered our lunch and still waited 45 minutes for our food! We were taking it back to the room which was way back in Aruba building 52 (dil stayed back at the room with the baby so she could nap). On the other hand, we also mobile ordered a lunch at Centertown and it was ready by the time we walked in the door!

Arrival day is Monday, December 30!

Of course we have to book a RotR boarding group. What is the best way to get to DHS at least a half an hour before posted opening time of 7am? We don’t have a car and prefer not to pay for extra transportation.

Opening time of Skyliner? And, when does the first bus to DHS leave the resort in the AM? Any first-hand experiences??

Excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter