Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I enjoy reading everyone's post about the resort, we have not booked yet but this resort is on my list. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 10 and 14 both boys. Does anyone have any advice will this resort please the boys, also is the murphy bed big enough for a 10 year old or is that a waste of time for him. Thanks for the answers.

I enjoy reading everyone's post about the resort, we have not booked yet but this resort is on my list. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 10 and 14 both boys. Does anyone have any advice will this resort please the boys, also is the murphy bed big enough for a 10 year old or is that a waste of time for him. Thanks for the answers.

CBR has been a favorite of our son since our first stay here when he was 8. He is now 14 and still loves it. The main feature pool is great and he likes that there are 2 slides. I would say the Murphy bed would be great for your 10 yr. old.

CBR has been a favorite of our son since our first stay here when he was 8. He is now 14 and still loves it. The main feature pool is great and he likes that there are 2 slides. I would say the Murphy bed would be great for your 10 yr. old.

Thank you

Jamaica 4439 has a trundle bed and is a connecting room to 4440. All my room requests were granted, 2nd floor, connecting or adjoining rooms and close to transportation.

How did you submit your requests? We go in March and fingers crossed I can get similar to yours , except away from smoking area instead of close to transportation (my asthma and cigarette smoke don't go well together)

I would definitely request away from smoking area. I didn't think to include that, and yep I was right in the smoking area--right outside my door. :( That's the only negative to my room. I requested martinique 1st floor adjoining (not connecting). I was given Barbados 1st floor adjoining (next door to each other but not connecting, which was fine) but in the smoking courtyard. It would have been nice to sit outside where the tables were, but that was the smoking area and there always seemed to be someone out there smoking. I didn't enjoy walking to my room when someone was smoking.

I didn't think the walk from Barbados 13 was bad at all. It was quicker to walk than to take the shuttle (at least on the return trip). We walked most of the time.

I put my requests in by calling the reservations line.

Saw the plug-in area in pirate room photos with USB plug-ins. Anyone know if regular rooms have these as well? We will be in standard view room (hopefully Jamaica) if that matters.
I also saw in another thread that Disney was replacing alarm clocks in many rooms with USB-enabled power strips. Any of these in CBR yet? Not having to buy extra power blocks or switch them back and forth, etc. would be nice and handy!

Saw the plug-in area in pirate room photos with USB plug-ins. Anyone know if regular rooms have these as well?

Yup.

I also saw in another thread that Disney was replacing alarm clocks in many rooms with USB-enabled power strips. Any of these in CBR yet? Not having to buy extra power blocks or switch them back and forth, etc. would be nice and handy!

I am pretty sure they are only installing these in rooms that haven't been renovated recently as those rooms do not have the abundance of USB charging ports that the newly renovated rooms do.

Yup.

I am pretty sure they are only installing these in rooms that haven't been renovated recently as those rooms do not have the abundance of USB charging ports that the newly renovated rooms do.

Thank you - good to know! As long as they have the new plug-ins installed, then I don't really care about the alarm clock replacement. Just thought I'd throw that in should they be using them instead. Glad the refurbs are including this - much handier than bringing our own power strip and extra power blocks or moving furniture around, unplugging lamps, etc to find a handy plug for our phones and such.

Does it have a trundle bed?

It did not, nor does our new room 3252.

Omg, that's awful. I can't handle even a slight smell of cigarettes, so I can relate. Keep us posted on what they do for you.

Oh dear! I hope you made your reservation. It would be sad to give up such a great room location.

Saw the plug-in area in pirate room photos with USB plug-ins. Anyone know if regular rooms have these as well? We will be in standard view room (hopefully Jamaica) if that matters.

They do! Here now and I've found them by the nightstand and on the tv cabinet. There may be more, but we haven't found anything yet!

Ok!! So the employees here are lovely. My husband ran back to the custom house and my girls and I sat outside with all or carry on luggage and stroller rental by the old room. We couldn't even stay inside, my head was pounding. While he went there, we met mouse keeper Ivan, who apologized profusely, saying he isn't sure why they put anyone in there as he was the one who cleaned it earlier and called in about the terrible smell. He came back and changed the shower curtain (bathroom was the worst offender) and sprayed the whole room with their febreeze stuff again. I thanked him, he really did try in case they could do nothing. The resort is at capacity, so I didn't have a lot of hope. So we tried to make the most of it. When my hubby came back, he told us that the amazing Laura was able to move us, but it would be a preferred room in North Trinidad, not a water view. I had to explain to him that was a better room! Hehe. The new room is 3252. It's soooo peaceful. I do prefer the location of our first room; but this one is clean, fresh, quiet and literally a 3 minute walk to OPR. We were also informed the bridge will be open this weekend. While all this happened, I called Fulton Crab House directly, since MDE wasn't showing any other dining times. I got the manager by some form of pixie dust, and explained the situation. He moved our 5:40 res to 8:15. A little late, but it was the on restaurant my hubby wanted and it was supposed to be our main anniversary meal :) our kids were tired, but held it together like champs. We were seated outside, the westher was perfect, and I walked off dinner by carrying my completely passed out 7 year old all the way back to the busses hehe. After a slight bump, our vacation is back on track, no stress and today is Epcot and then magic kingdom until midnight!!

Oh. And as only deluxe stayers before. My kids have proclaimed this the best resort ever and never want to stay anywhere else. I can say we will definitely be back to CBR!

Ok!! So the employees here are lovely. My husband ran back to the custom house and my girls and I sat outside with all or carry on luggage and stroller rental by the old room. We couldn't even stay inside, my head was pounding. While he went there, we met mouse keeper Ivan, who apologized profusely, saying he isn't sure why they put anyone in there as he was the one who cleaned it earlier and called in about the terrible smell. He came back and changed the shower curtain (bathroom was the worst offender) and sprayed the whole room with their febreeze stuff again. I thanked him, he really did try in case they could do nothing. The resort is at capacity, so I didn't have a lot of hope. So we tried to make the most of it. When my hubby came back, he told us that the amazing Laura was able to move us, but it would be a preferred room in North Trinidad, not a water view. I had to explain to him that was a better room! Hehe. The new room is 3252. It's soooo peaceful. I do prefer the location of our first room; but this one is clean, fresh, quiet and literally a 3 minute walk to OPR. We were also informed the bridge will be open this weekend. While all this happened, I called Fulton Crab House directly, since MDE wasn't showing any other dining times. I got the manager by some form of pixie dust, and explained the situation. He moved our 5:40 res to 8:15. A little late, but it was the on restaurant my hubby wanted and it was supposed to be our main anniversary meal :) our kids were tired, but held it together like champs. We were seated outside, the westher was perfect, and I walked off dinner by carrying my completely passed out 7 year old all the way back to the busses hehe. After a slight bump, our vacation is back on track, no stress and today is Epcot and then magic kingdom until midnight!!

Oh. And as only deluxe stayers before. My kids have proclaimed this the best resort ever and never want to stay anywhere else. I can say we will definitely be back to CBR!

Thanks for giving us an update! I'm so glad they are taking care of you as I expected them to do! Hope your stay keeps getting better.

Hi Everyone! We have booked CBR for our Honeymoon in 2016! This is our first Disney trip together. My fiancé is a non-Disney lover (he grew up in Orlando), so I am hoping Disney will sprinkle a little Disney magic on him. He has never stay on-site before. This is our second marriage for both of us, we will be 50 at the time of our honeymoon. Does anyone have any recommendations to make this trip even more special for him? (For me it's a dream of a lifetime to be able to honeymoon with him at Disney. It's something that I never thought would happen).
Try one of the tours. My wife and I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It shows the Disney magic and how it is done. New way of looking at the park.

Hi. We arrived today at around 12:30 pm and our 2 rooms were ready. I called in and faxed room requests a couple of weeks ago. We were upgraded for free to a preferred room in Martinique. The rooms are adjoining. We absolutely love the location. Quick 2 minute walk to old port Royale.

We had lunch at Old Port Royale. My husband, daughter and I are vegan. We ordered two quinoa wraps and a black bean burger. They weren't bad. Not great. The chef came out and said he has vegan cupcakes so he brought us each one and then asked us to wait. He came back with a box of the cupcake mix for us to take home. So unexpected and sweet. We were shocked.

We have not even been here 24 hours, and have already had so much pixie dust.

BTW....no Murphy bed in 2414.

Would you mind sharing the fax number please? :)

I have requested to be in one of two buildings. Will this be considered if I do online checkin? Would love to go straight to EPCOT instead of to the room first.

I have requested to be in one of two buildings. Will this be considered if I do online checkin?

Most definitely.

Would love to go straight to EPCOT instead of to the room first.

FYI.

Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room or straight to a park. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 5-14 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

On our last trip to POR my oldest, who was 13 and 5'5" at the time, had no problem sleeping on it & that one was the same size.

Most definitely.

FYI.

Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room or straight to a park. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 5-14 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

I received the bypass front desk email the other day, so this means on Sunday I can skip going to the resort and head straight to the parks? Meal plan will be activated and everything? I know it said I could in the email I just want to make sure it really works that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter