Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hey guys - Just booked Oct 31-Nov 4! I haven't stayed CBR since 2011 so I know a lot has changed. We booked Standard View (only thing available) so know we will be in Aruba or Jamaica. Are the poles for skyliner a concern? I'm going for race weekend so want to be close to a bus stop. Any recommendations?

Hey guys - Just booked Oct 31-Nov 4! I haven't stayed CBR since 2011 so I know a lot has changed. We booked Standard View (only thing available) so know we will be in Aruba or Jamaica. Are the poles for skyliner a concern?

They weren't for us.

I'm going for race weekend so want to be close to a bus stop. Any recommendations?

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations for a Standard View room. Both are close to the Jamaica bus stop and a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool.

We have a stay at CBR coming up in October. When I booked I either didn't realize there was an option to book a 5th sleeper, or it wasn't an option for booking at that time. I have a preferred room booked - is there any chance i could get a 5th sleeper if i make that request? Or am I completely out of luck? All i really want is the 5th sleeper, since my 11yo daughter and 15yo son really cannot share a bed. If we get just a 2 bed room, I guess we have a boys bed and a girls bed. Sigh.

We have a stay at CBR coming up in October. When I booked I either didn't realize there was an option to book a 5th sleeper, or it wasn't an option for booking at that time. I have a preferred room booked - is there any chance i could get a 5th sleeper if i make that request? Or am I completely out of luck? All i really want is the 5th sleeper, since my 11yo daughter and 15yo son really cannot share a bed. If we get just a 2 bed room, I guess we have a boys bed and a girls bed. Sigh.

You are definitely not out of luck. I would make that your only request.

I just recently booked a preferred room for 8 nights next July. Is there a particular building within the preferred room category that I should request? I know that with that booking category we will be close to the main pool and building, but I don’t want to look at a parking lot. We have only stayed one night at this resort and it was during the major construction, so I really don’t have a good feel for this resort, but we are really looking forward to giving it a try!

I just recently booked a preferred room for 8 nights next July. Is there a particular building within the preferred room category that I should request? I know that with that booking category we will be close to the main pool and building, but I don’t want to look at a parking lot. We have only stayed one night at this resort and it was during the major construction, so I really don’t have a good feel for this resort, but we are really looking forward to giving it a try!

Your best bet would be to request "courtyard view please".

Hopefully Dorian doesn't cause you too much trouble. I looked at your recent post history and see you have experience with riding out hurricanes though! Besides not being in a hurricane, WDW is the best place to be during one.

Sorry to say we opted to reschedule yesterday! It was not looking good to be able to get there in time. I was able to reschedule for a week later but moved to POFQ and dropped a day to balance the cost difference. My parents are now booked for November and talking about pushing that back to January once discounts come out. I just could not find any rooms that were a decent price for their dates.

Is there a current map of CBR showing The Riviera and both skyliner stations? I have seen the one with these places circled on an old map, but nothing new and up-to-date. Thanks!

Is there a current map of CBR showing The Riviera and both skyliner stations? I have seen the one with these places circled on an old map, but nothing new and up-to-date. Thanks!
The Disney World App map shows both CBR stations. It does not yet show the Riviera Resort. You can see everything from Google Maps though especially if you do satellite view. Images aren’t fully up to date, but it gives a great picture of layout and distances.

The Riviera station is right near Aruba 55. The CBR station is across the main road from Jamaica

We got back from CBR about 2 weeks ago and I've been remised in posting a few thoughts.

Overall we loved our stay at the resort. This was our second time here and we were in a water view room which was a far cry from the Pirate room we had last time pirate:

Our room was in Barbados Building 32 which was close to both Old Port Royal and Spyglass Grill. I loved the look and feel of the rooms and much preferred the barn door bathroom enclosure to the lovely curtain in the pirate rooms. It was also great to have a queen size bed and they were very comfortable.

Mousekeeping was timely every day but one, but they came by to see if we needed anything when we were in the room and loaded us up on coffee.

Bus wise this was probably the most efficient service we have ever encountered. Buses were very crowded headed to parks on extra magic days, but we learned after not being able to fit on a bus bound for AK to walk over to Old Port Royal to ensure we got on. After that it was smooth sailing. In the evenings we usually go to other resorts for dinner and uber and/or lyft worked great.

The main pool was pretty crowded most days, so we ended up using the quiet pool by us which was a much more enjoyable experience. And Spyglass was only about a 5 minute walk so it was like our very own pool bar 🍹 We didn't eat anything there, nor at Centertown, but did have a wonderful and relaxing meal at Sebastians one evening. It was so nice not to leave the resort.

Overall the resort was great and the grounds really do make you feel like you are miles away from the chaos of the parks. Resorts with multiple stops aren't always my favorite, but with the addition of the Skyliner I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
IMG_0035.jpegIMG_0372.jpegIMG_0379.jpeg

We are going to slide some dates for Thanksgiving and it looks like all that's available under the deal we used for our dates are pirate rooms. It's just the two adults this time and while we don't care about the pirate theming it looks like their are double beds in those rooms, versus the queens in the standard rooms. Can anyone verify that? Double beds might be a problem worth going up to pay the rack rate on a standard room or king.

We are going to slide some dates for Thanksgiving and it looks like all that's available under the deal we used for our dates are pirate rooms. It's just the two adults this time and while we don't care about the pirate theming it looks like their are double beds in those rooms, versus the queens in the standard rooms. Can anyone verify that? Double beds might be a problem worth going up to pay the rack rate on a standard room or king.

All pirate rooms are doubles and not queen due to the ship frame of the bed not being able to hold a queen. You can each have your own ship bed! But really, I can understand it not working for everyone.

I'm booked at CBR for 4 nights in late February.
Any suggestions for a cheaper night's stay prior to checking into the Caribbean?

My situation...
I arrive at 11:44PM on a Saturday night at Sanford Airport (no Magical Express).
The Saturday night rate at the Caribbean is $314. It drops to $246/night for the rest of my stay.
I plan on going to Hollywood Studios at 7AM on Sunday morning for Extra Magic Hours.

I was thinking about getting a cheap ($70) room at the Clarion near Disney Springs for that night and then grabbing an Uber to the Caribbean at 6AM to drop my luggage & get my Magic Band.

I'm also likely doing the dining plan and would prefer it start on Sunday. I only want the dining plan for 4 nights (Sun-Thurs), not 5 nights (Sat-Thurs).

Any flaws with this plan or anything I'm overlooking?

[side note: All Star resorts are running $249+ for the Saturday night in question]

I checked in here earlier today and I know people said this was a big resort it was a big resort lol So I am in Jamaica 41. I got to say if the Skyliner was open this would be the perfect room that I have hub is right across from my room. I have a corner room on the second floor.

CMs very friendly. Will give a full review after my trip but the CM at the Trading post hook us up with the Halloween mugs. She went to go get them because they didn't have them.

Because the pilot had to take more western approach got to Disney later but I am Disney and that is all that counts.

Just saw in one of the FB groups I'm in that the kids aquatic play area will be closed until the 22nd for refurbishment - just passing it along in case anyone will be there then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!