Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I know that it’s going to look different, but I’m a glass half full kind of person. The new resort looks lovely and it will be nice to have another one to walk to for dinner or just to look around. I just wish it was open in September when we go. As far as the Skyliner, I love it as well. I’m even thinking of going to Pop and AoA on our pool day to look around since I’ve never been to either. I thought we’d grab breakfast and then head back to CBR for our pool time. It’s nice to have have that option. It really broadens the choices. And before we know it, we’ll be used to the new vibe. At least, I hope so.
I think POP/AoA and CBR/DRR are almost going to feel like "sister" Resorts when Skyliner opens.

I read somewhere recently that the Epcot fireworks are visible from Banana Cabana. Is this true?

I stayed at the CBR for one night a few years ago and we saw fireworks from the Martinique section. I thought they came from HS but they could have came from Epcot. I’m sure you could see them better from the pool or Banana Cabana.

I'm disappointed the Skyliner won't be open during our trip in early September. But we're looking forward to our trip, it's been a long time coming. Definitely looking forward to staying in a pirate room, i know my boys will love it. Only 24 days left until we enter the MK and 21 days until we begin our drive!

It’s being reported in another thread that lotion is not being provided any longer. Has anyone been at CBR recently that can confirm this?

I read somewhere recently that the Epcot fireworks are visible from Banana Cabana. Is this true?
Yes,from some parts of Banana Cabana as well as a few tables in Sebastiasn's.

There is even an area with benches across from Banana Cabana for fireworks viewing(from this area DHS and Epcot high fireworks can be seen (and HEARD!) as well as high fireworks from Magic Kingdom in the distance.

Yes,from some parts of Banana Cabana as well as a few tables in Sebastiasn's.

There is even an area with benches across from Banana Cabana for fireworks viewing(from this area DHS and Epcot high fireworks can be seen (and HEARD!) as well as high fireworks from Magic Kingdom in the distance.

View attachment 424095
No benches anymore, there were chairs there this week

Gotta admit, pretty sad about the Skyliner not being open for our 9/13-22 trip. Really thought it would be timed to open for SWGE, but apparently not. Had to go back and revamp some of our plans a bit. One can certainly hope for some soft openings, but now I'm also questioning my room request choices. I've booked a Preferred with a 5th sleeper and want to be close to the buses. Don't need the pool or the Food Court so transportation is our main thing. Thoughts now? I'm torn because I am still holding out hope we'll be blessed with getting on it for some trips into EPCOT so want to be near the Riviera Station, but that might put us further away from a bus stop.

We had the same options and ignored it. If you have a standard room booked, you will be in Jamaica or Aruba, Martinique isn't even an option. (We were in Jamaica.) I'd recommend calling in any requests. Our most important request was to keep the same room as we had a week long package followed by one night of a room only reservation. We called in our request and they had it noted and had honored our request at check in.
Doesn’t the farthest Martinique building have standard view rooms?

Gotta admit, pretty sad about the Skyliner not being open for our 9/13-22 trip. Really thought it would be timed to open for SWGE, but apparently not. Had to go back and revamp some of our plans a bit. One can certainly hope for some soft openings, but now I'm also questioning my room request choices. I've booked a Preferred with a 5th sleeper and want to be close to the buses. Don't need the pool or the Food Court so transportation is our main thing. Thoughts now? I'm torn because I am still holding out hope we'll be blessed with getting on it for some trips into EPCOT so want to be near the Riviera Station, but that might put us further away from a bus stop.
There is a bus stop at every village. Preferred does nothing to get you closer to a bus. Also preferred is not close to the skyliner from most (if not all) standard rooms to either stop (riviera or CBR). If close to transportation is key you are probably paying for an upgrade you don’t need. But that’s jmo.

Preferred does put you closer to the main pool and main feature areas than most other rooms and not every bus stop is the same based on the order of pickups.

Doesn’t the farthest Martinique building have standard view rooms?

The buildings in Martinique that had Standard View rooms were torn down to make way for the Riviera Resort. So now Martinique has Preferred, King and Water View rooms.

There is a bus stop at every village. Preferred does nothing to get you closer to a bus. Also preferred is not close to the skyliner from most (if not all) standard rooms to either stop (riviera or CBR). If close to transportation is key you are probably paying for an upgrade you don’t need. But that’s jmo.

Preferred does put you closer to the main pool and main feature areas than most other rooms and not every bus stop is the same based on the order of pickups.

This! 👍

Just got back from 7 night stay at CBR.

Had a room with a 5th person sleeper so I knew i would be in Jamaica or Aruba. Requested Jamaica 45 but received Aruba 53. First floor room. Glad to be on first floor since we didnt have to haul luggage up and down stairs.

Bus Stop was a little far from room but manageable

I know its not an exact science but I wish they could be more accurate on the posted times the buses are going to the various parks. Saturday morning they did not even have a posted time for Hollywood Studios so we had no idea of what to expect.

We often stayed until park closing so buses were crowded as to be expected on way back to resort. Aruba is the last stop so often times we would just get off at Port Royale and walk to room.

This is not Disney or Resort fault but I wish people would be more self aware and respectful on the buses about moving all the way to the back when bus is crowded. Some people just refused to move to the back and you had to crawl over them to get to the back to allow more people on the bus. And I am old school so dont even get me started on the "men" that would not give up their seats for small children and women to have a seat.

Did not like that the freestyle Coke machine in Aruba was either not working or out of product much of the time that we tried to use it. We gave up on it and just walked to Old Port Royale after a few tries early in the week.

My girls enjoyed pin trading and liked that they had a pin board.

It would have been nice to be able to use meal credits at Banana Cabana. Never made it to Spyglass. Only ate in food court twice. It was average. Noting great but not terrible either.

Overall, everyone in my party really enjoyed staying at the resort. We took the girls to see other resorts and they liked the feel and energy of CBR in comparison. We would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for everyone on this thread for your help in answering my questions leading up to the trip

Just got back from 7 night stay at CBR.

Had a room with a 5th person sleeper so I knew i would be in Jamaica or Aruba. Requested Jamaica 45 but received Aruba 53. First floor room. Glad to be on first floor since we didnt have to haul luggage up and down stairs.

Bus Stop was a little far from room but manageable

I know its not an exact science but I wish they could be more accurate on the posted times the buses are going to the various parks. Saturday morning they did not even have a posted time for Hollywood Studios so we had no idea of what to expect.

We often stayed until park closing so buses were crowded as to be expected on way back to resort. Aruba is the last stop so often times we would just get off at Port Royale and walk to room.

This is not Disney or Resort fault but I wish people would be more self aware and respectful on the buses about moving all the way to the back when bus is crowded. Some people just refused to move to the back and you had to crawl over them to get to the back to allow more people on the bus. And I am old school so dont even get me started on the "men" that would not give up their seats for small children and women to have a seat.

Did not like that the freestyle Coke machine in Aruba was either not working or out of product much of the time that we tried to use it. We gave up on it and just walked to Old Port Royale after a few tries early in the week.

My girls enjoyed pin trading and liked that they had a pin board.

It would have been nice to be able to use meal credits at Banana Cabana. Never made it to Spyglass. Only ate in food court twice. It was average. Noting great but not terrible either.

Overall, everyone in my party really enjoyed staying at the resort. We took the girls to see other resorts and they liked the feel and energy of CBR in comparison. We would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for everyone on this thread for your help in answering my questions leading up to the trip
I was there in Aruba 55 Sat thru Wed last week and the Freestyle machine worked fine

The buildings in Martinique that had Standard View rooms were torn down to make way for the Riviera Resort. So now Martinique has Preferred, King and Water View rooms.
Oh! I never knew that. So they completely removed Martinique building 21,22 and 23?

Last edited:
Am I remembering correctly that you had once said that even the preferred buildings all have multiple King rooms? I ask because when I look on Touring Plans it shows none in buildings 24 and 32, just one in building 25, one in building 26, 2 in building 31, and 22 in building 33? Just wondering if that is really accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter