Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you! My mom loved the shampoo and conditioner and i was under instructions last year to bring home the freebies for her. I was a little upset they were bolted to the wall!
You can bring home the bar of soap and small travel lotion for her.

I am excited to not have to pack conditioner because with a house full of girls those tiny squeeze bottles were never enough and I had to pack my own.

Hello all, 581 pages is a lot. We are just staying for 2 nights in late Feb prior to our DCL Cruise. Never been before to CB. Just watching some videos of the resort. That pool looks really fun for the kids,but we won't have a whole lot of time. We are flying in in the morning and heading straight to MK after check in, and staying thru HEA. Our second day, we will hit DHS first thing and then hop over to Epcot, hopefully hitting the new space restaurant and seeing the new nighttime show. Possible we do the FEA dessert party again. Then the next morning we will grab an Uber to head over to Port Canaveral for DCL. So, the big question: what time is the pool typically open? How early and how late? My first thought is that we use the pool early on our check out morning. We don't want to be toooo late, because we would prefer to get as much boat time as possible, especially for first time cruisers.
I think you can get picked up at the resort for the cruise instead of Uber

I think you can get picked up at the resort for the cruise instead of Uber
Yes, we can. However, from what I've read, we would get to the terminal significantly later. Not like to worry about the ship leaving, of course, but to maximize the time on the ship, get ourselves booked for any last minute things and check our kids into the kids clubs, etc, as early as possible, especially since we are first time cruisers who will be behind the eight ball with the others in different tiers. Short 3 night cruise with all meals included, we would rather get as much boat time as possible (and get lunch "free" compared to arriving later to where we either pay for lunch at the resort or have lunch on the boat really close to the preselected dinner meal time). So, yes, we could but we would rather get to the terminal as early as we can.

I'm actually planning to bring the travel bottles this year for that reason! I understand where Disney is coming from and it won't be a surprise this time.

I was just watching this video and there appears to be fences back up in Trinidad. We'll be there in a week and a half and I'm not thrilled about this, although we have a standard room booked so we definitely won't be in Trinidad. (I believe Trinidad is Pirate rooms?) I wanted to alert anyone who might have a stay coming up in a Pirate room, though.

Any updates on this?

Looks like WDW has announced Sept 29th as the official opening date for the Skyliner. Seems like it's a little light on exact details right now, just the date.

Looks like WDW has announced Sept 29th as the official opening date for the Skyliner. Seems like it's a little light on exact details right now, just the date.

I’m so sad. We leave on 10/1, so I’ll probably not even get a chance to ride it. The crowds might be heavy to ride it at first and I don’t want to deal with that nonsense. I even booked CBR, thinking it would be open before Star Wars. Now I wish I was staying at CSR. Oh well, first world problems, I guess, but still pretty bummed that I’m just stuck with the buses again.

Yeah, it seemed like at one time Skyliner looked ahead of schedule. I started planning my 8/3 trip in January and I was hoping for a soft opening while we were there

I’m so sad. We leave on 10/1, so I’ll probably not even get a chance to ride it. The crowds might be heavy to ride it at first and I don’t want to deal with that nonsense. I even booked CBR, thinking it would be open before Star Wars. Now I wish I was staying at CSR. Oh well, first world problems, I guess, but still pretty bummed that I’m just stuck with the buses again.

CBR is an awesome resort. If you decide to stay I think you'll be very happy.

I know. I’ve stayed there before and I love it. At this point, I won’t be switching. But I was looking forward to faster transportation and now that appears to be out the window. Hope they have enough buses to deal with all the Star Wars people. They’re gonna need them.

Unless I missed it somewhere, they haven't specifically said which parts are opening yet. There is still a chance for part of it to open before Sept 29th and that date is the full opening date. Hard to gauge crowd levels at this point, but it seems like it can handle a good number of people easily. Don't give up on it yet!

What are the pool hours for main pool? Quiet pools?

In my experience if you are being extra quiet after hours at the quiet pools nobody is going to say anything. Unless you're a strict no rule breaker, just be very respectful to it being after hours and you're fine.

I haven't experienced it, but the worst they will do is point out the hours to you, and then ask you to finally get out if you're not taking the hint and they really want you to get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!