Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Only after we went down and talked to a lifeguard.

When we got back to the room later, I noticed there was a message on our phone that announced the closure. If I just got the message and didn’t go down, I would have not gotten the free water park tickets.

So, for future reference, if you ever get a message the pool is closed, go down there anyway, and maybe you will get pixiedust:
They did open the pool again in a timely matter, correct? We will be there in 5 days and I want to make sure it's open. We already have the waterpark option on our park tickets so that's not a great incentive for us.

They did open the pool again in a timely matter, correct? We will be there in 5 days and I want to make sure it's open. We already have the waterpark option on our park tickets so that's not a great incentive for us.
It was closed most of the day Tuesday and opened Wednesday morning, not sure what time

Are there designated smoking areas at the resort? If so, where?

Yes. I can't find any new maps that show them though. But the map on page 1 of this thread has them. Just remember all of what is labeled as Barbados is gone and so is half of Martinique. But the DSAs are correct.

We switched from POR to CB to try a new resort! Very excited. We did have to go to a water/pool view though as the 5th sleeper STD were not available for our dates. We are not traveling until next June so have lots of time to research. I do have to call and request a ground floor room for my dad as he will have an ECV.

Are there designated smoking areas at the resort? If so, where?

We were there in January, and there were none listed on the resort map. We walked around a bit, and didn't see any garbage cans with ash trays on top. We went to the food court for lunch, and I asked someone with an iPad in the lobby, and he said you can smoke anywhere there is a bench and a garbage can. That seemed odd, so we went to the desk because we had another question, and when I asked about smoking areas she said the same thing.

There was a bench pretty close to our door in Aruba on the walkway towards the pool. I smoked there, but didn't necessarily like to because it seemed like a lot of people used that walkway. I walked to the parking lot mostly (I figured at least that way I was away from people), but my first one in the morning and last one at night I usually just used that bench.

We are schedule for Sept 2-6 at CBR and are supposed to have a pirate room. Do we need to choose that somehow, because that's on the reservation confirmation. This is our first visit with our kiddos and can't wait to get there. They will be surprised in a couple of weeks for birthdays and Christmas. I've been to DW a bunch of times and can't wait to experience it with my boys and 1yr old daughter!

Anyone have any other pointers?

Thanks in advance.

We are schedule for Sept 2-6 at CBR and are supposed to have a pirate room. Do we need to choose that somehow, because that's on the reservation confirmation. This is our first visit with our kiddos and can't wait to get there. They will be surprised in a couple of weeks for birthdays and Christmas. I've been to DW a bunch of times and can't wait to experience it with my boys and 1yr old daughter!

Anyone have any other pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Because it is a separate booking category you don't have to request it.

How does charging to your magic band work at the hotel? I give them a credit card which gets a $100 hold on it, correct? And anything that i charge on magic band will pass through to my credit card?

How about gift cards? I plan on getting my two children disney gift cards to buy souvenirs with. Can i attach the gift cards to the magic bands so anything they charge on magic band will be applied to gift card?

How does charging to your magic band work at the hotel? I give them a credit card which gets a $100 hold on it, correct? And anything that i charge on magic band will pass through to my credit card?

How about gift cards? I plan on getting my two children disney gift cards to buy souvenirs with. Can i attach the gift cards to the magic bands so anything they charge on magic band will be applied to gift card?

Basically the magic band is the same as charging to your room. It goes on your room folio, then those charges will be charged to the account on the morning you check out. Unfortunately they don't let you put a gift card on your account (at least that's what everyone reports). You'll either have to give the kids the physical gift cards or have them use their gift cards at the front desk to pay their charges.

Hello all, 581 pages is a lot. We are just staying for 2 nights in late Feb prior to our DCL Cruise. Never been before to CB. Just watching some videos of the resort. That pool looks really fun for the kids,but we won't have a whole lot of time. We are flying in in the morning and heading straight to MK after check in, and staying thru HEA. Our second day, we will hit DHS first thing and then hop over to Epcot, hopefully hitting the new space restaurant and seeing the new nighttime show. Possible we do the FEA dessert party again. Then the next morning we will grab an Uber to head over to Port Canaveral for DCL. So, the big question: what time is the pool typically open? How early and how late? My first thought is that we use the pool early on our check out morning. We don't want to be toooo late, because we would prefer to get as much boat time as possible, especially for first time cruisers.

Hi, I will be staying at CBR for the first time in September. I have a few questions.

Does the refillable mug work on the Coke Freestyle machines?

Are the complimentary toiletries the sample size or full size? Two years ago I had sample size at Pop, but last November they gave me a room with full size bottles that were bolted in to the wall.

I'm not sure how current some of the information on the first post is. Are the Island Markets still open?

After you get to the resort via Magical Express, does it cost anything if bell services drives you to your room? Do they have luggage carts so you can do it yourself?

Thanks!

Hi, I will be staying at CBR for the first time in September. I have a few questions.

Are the complimentary toiletries the sample size or full size? Two years ago I had sample size at Pop, but last November they gave me a room with full size bottles that were bolted in to the wall.

I'm not sure how current some of the information on the first post is. Are the Island Markets still open?

After you get to the resort via Magical Express, does it cost anything if bell services drives you to your room? Do they have luggage carts so you can do it yourself?

Thanks!

Couple of answers:
At the sinks are complimentary lotion and facial soap. In the shower are the locked dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

Yes, the mugs work with the Coke Freestyle machines.

Thanks!

1. Yes
2. Bolted to the wall large bottles
3. Island Markets are closed
4. No cost, but many people tip. I do not know about Luggage carts.

Thank you! My mom loved the shampoo and conditioner and i was under instructions last year to bring home the freebies for her. I was a little upset they were bolted to the wall!

Thank you! My mom loved the shampoo and conditioner and i was under instructions last year to bring home the freebies for her. I was a little upset they were bolted to the wall!

I guess you could always bring some of those empty travel bottles to fill up. Not as fun of a souvenir, but the bottle mounts makes sense for Disney for cost saving and also the environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter