Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

If you start on-line check-in and instead decide you want to just call 5 days prior to arrival to request a specific area, can you back out of the on-line check-in process prior to hitting the confirmation tab?

Our preferred method is to call in our room requests, do Online Checkin and skip the room request section. The options Online are pretty useless to us. And you don't need to wait until 5 days before. You can add requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Last edited:

Is it true that carribean beach rooms smell a little musty since the resort is one of the oldest on property? This is a big pet peeve of mine with hotels. Also, saw recently that Pete did a review where he mentioned this.
We just stayed the first week of June and did not notice any musty smell in the room.

CBR Station is near Jamaica 41, 42 and 43. The Riviera Station is near Aruba 54, 55 and 56.
Just wanted to say thank you for this info. I had booked a preferred room based on the "close to transportation" description and did not realize those rooms are some of the furthest from the gondolas!!! I switched to a standard with a room request for Jamaica and saved $50. They should really re-think their preferred categories now that they will be switching the primary transportation method to two parks from buses to gondolas.

Just wanted to say thank you for this info. I had booked a preferred room based on the "close to transportation" description and did not realize those rooms are some of the furthest from the gondolas!!! I switched to a standard with a room request for Jamaica and saved $50. They should really re-think their preferred categories now that they will be switching the primary transportation method to two parks from buses to gondolas.

You're welcome.

I am working on the new CBR information thread and am seeking pictures of the food court area, Spyglass, Banana Cabana, Sebastian's Bistro and main pool area or any pictures that you would like to share If you have pictures, please share them here and tag or message me please! You will be given picture credit. Thanks in advance!

We booked a standard with a room request for Jamaica for our June 2020 trip. I agree that Jamaica will be a better location for the skyliner once it opens, although some people may prefer to be closer to OPR and the main bus stop for access to the other parks or if they don't want to take skyliner. Plus I'm hoping they don't make Jamaica a preferred location so we can keep our room at the standard rate next year! :laughing:

I was just watching this video and there appears to be fences back up in Trinidad. We'll be there in a week and a half and I'm not thrilled about this, although we have a standard room booked so we definitely won't be in Trinidad. (I believe Trinidad is Pirate rooms?) I wanted to alert anyone who might have a stay coming up in a Pirate room, though.

We're ready to make room requests and I'm not sure what to do. Main issue is connecting or side by side rooms, then we'd like something as close to OPR for morning coffee/drinks as possible. We have water view booked. Any suggestions?

Would you recommend a preferred room at Martinique to a standard elsewhere? Plan is two connecting rooms for spring break. I'm considering Martinique because of being the first bus stop, close to Marketplace for coffee each morning and the main pool. If we go with Martinique will the Riviera Gondola station be the more convenient?

Does anyone know how high the beds and sinks are in the standard rooms? DS and I are both short, and while he might hit a growth spurt before our 2020 trip, I definitely won't be getting any taller! We usually go to DLR because we live in CA, and when we've stayed at the Grand Californian, I had to literally climb into the bed! I really needed a step stool to get in and out, which made it a bit challenging. I've also stayed at hotels where the sinks were high enough to be awkward for me to use comfortably.

We're ready to make room requests and I'm not sure what to do. Main issue is connecting or side by side rooms, then we'd like something as close to OPR for morning coffee/drinks as possible. We have water view booked. Any suggestions?

I would word our request as "connecting with xxxxx" and "Martinique or Barbados". With xxxxxx being the confirmation number of the party you want to be next to.

Last edited:
I was just watching this video and there appears to be fences back up in Trinidad. We'll be there in a week and a half and I'm not thrilled about this, although we have a standard room booked so we definitely won't be in Trinidad. (I believe Trinidad is Pirate rooms?) I wanted to alert anyone who might have a stay coming up in a Pirate room, though.

Well that stinks. We are staying in Trinidad in 6 weeks. Our first time at CBR. Had I known, I definitely would have chosen a different resort. Pretty bummed about this.

How is the gondola noise at Aruba 51? I am still struggling with a standard room request that minimizes gondola noise, is decently close to transportation and not too far from Center town. I saw that preferred rooms opened up for my trip, but the price premium was $800 a room for a 8 night stay....so not worth it.
Silent! They were flying right over the quiet pool in Aruba and you don't hear them at all!

Well that stinks. We are staying in Trinidad in 6 weeks. Our first time at CBR. Had I known, I definitely would have chosen a different resort. Pretty bummed about this.

Word I got is that the construction in Trinidad will be completed in about 4 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!