Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We just arrived! We had a water/pool view but were given a 5th sleeper room in Jamaica 45 which is perfect ! (We had brought an air mattress)

It is so pretty here I'm already enjoying it :cloud9:
How is it looking with the construction? Are the fences all down? I’m about to put my room request in and was thinking Jamaica 45 as long as things are back to normal.
Have an amazing trip!

I really want to stay here on the next trip, but I’m really concerned about the no elevator thing. I travel with a disabled person with a scooter. Is there any chance they wouldn’t give us a first floor if I gave them that information? I don’t want a handicap accessible room, per se, because we need a tub in the room. Too much to ask for?

I really want to stay here on the next trip, but I’m really concerned about the no elevator thing. I travel with a disabled person with a scooter. Is there any chance they wouldn’t give us a first floor if I gave them that information?

No, you would definitely get a ground floor room. The majority of buildings at Port Orleans Riverside don't have an elevator either. Between there and CBR I have never heard of someone with a medical need not getting a ground floor at either.

I don’t want a handicap accessible room, per se, because we need a tub in the room. Too much to ask for?

Nope.

No, you would definitely get a ground floor room. The majority of buildings at Port Orleans Riverside don't have an elevator either. Between there and CBR I have never heard of someone with a medical need not getting a ground floor at either.

Nope.

Thank-you so much! This makes me very happy.:hyper:

Hi all. Just returned. 7 days. 27Apr - 04May @ CBR. Then 04May - 08May at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidnani Village. I don't know why I was so worried. We enjoyed both. But we loved Caribbean Beach Resort. We stayed in building 26 of Martinique. Corner room. The room was clean the beds were more comfortable than the AKL beds. Mousekeeping made the kids come back wondering what exciting thing they did with towels and their toys. The big pool was fun but the kids loved the quiet pool. Just enough people there that they made friends almost every time we were there. We only walked to the other side of the lake once. But really didn't notice any construction, except for the gondola station. And the only reason you knew construction was going on was the machinery. Nice quiet evening(they may work during day, but we never noticed). And the construction on Riviera was barely noticeable except by just looking over there and noticing scaffolding. We also loved that when we walked around people smiled and said hello and chatted and everyone felt comfortable. (I'm gonna be snarky and off topic here)..The times we visited like Grand Flo, it didn't seem like anyone was having fun. I kind of made it a point to smile and was usually ignored, lol..Just a different atmosphere I guess.
But to the people that are so worried about construction and problems with resort. No Worries. It was awesome.

Hi all. Just returned. 7 days. 27Apr - 04May @ CBR. Then 04May - 08May at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidnani Village. I don't know why I was so worried. We enjoyed both. But we loved Caribbean Beach Resort. We stayed in building 26 of Martinique. Corner room. The room was clean the beds were more comfortable than the AKL beds. Mousekeeping made the kids come back wondering what exciting thing they did with towels and their toys. The big pool was fun but the kids loved the quiet pool. Just enough people there that they made friends almost every time we were there. We only walked to the other side of the lake once. But really didn't notice any construction, except for the gondola station. And the only reason you knew construction was going on was the machinery. Nice quiet evening(they may work during day, but we never noticed). And the construction on Riviera was barely noticeable except by just looking over there and noticing scaffolding. We also loved that when we walked around people smiled and said hello and chatted and everyone felt comfortable. (I'm gonna be snarky and off topic here)..The times we visited like Grand Flo, it didn't seem like anyone was having fun. I kind of made it a point to smile and was usually ignored, lol..Just a different atmosphere I guess.
But to the people that are so worried about construction and problems with resort. No Worries. It was awesome.
Glad you had a nice trip!

Apologies if this is a bit of a dumb question, but can you get the food at the Banana Cabana to go to take back to your room. :mickeybar

Apologies if this is a bit of a dumb question, but can you get the food at the Banana Cabana to go to take back to your room. :mickeybar

I haven't done it but pretty sure you can, just let them know it's to go when you order. Pro tip: you can order from the Sebastian's menu for dinner. I'm guessing you can get that to go too since everything is from the same kitchen.

Does anyone know if any of the blankets/pillows at cbr are down? We are a family with lots of allergies... just want to know if we need to make a special request or not. Thanks!

Bus route question...what is the route the buses take for pickup around the resort? Trying to figure out where the best place to board when it's a typically crowded time. (Headed down in June, sadly before gondolas)

Bus route question...what is the route the buses take for pickup around the resort? Trying to figure out where the best place to board when it's a typically crowded time. (Headed down in June, sadly before gondolas)

Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba, then out. If it's in the busy morning hours then Jamaica and Aruba share a separate bus.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if buses are going to stop at the new gondola station? It looks like it will be quite a hike from the farther out locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!