Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would keep calling to see if a room with the 5th sleeper opens up, people cancel all the time. And as a backup bring or ship an air mattress. We do it often and works great .
Thanks indeed. Did you request extra bedding for this? Was it ok on the ground? Did you put it between the two doubles? Much appreciated

Hi! Thanks so much.

In both of our stays we have had a table beside the window and the door opened beside the first bed. Do the room layouts reverse if that makes sense? I think I might worry about her being beside the door.

What do you think the chance of being allocated a Murphy bed without pre-request is?? I will definitely ask at check in.

Thanks again.

I have a standard room booked for a week in July under free dining followed by one night room only with the sun and fun discount, also standard. I would like to request a room in a good location, but above all else, I'm really hoping to keep the same room and not have to move for one night. Am I better off noting that this is a continuous reservation and requesting to keep the same room as my only request to give myself the best chance of not having to move? Or will I also be o.k. requesting a certain location too? Thanks!

Please excuse this stupid question...we booked the Caribbean Resort for our upcoming November trip and booked a preferred room. The preferred rooms will be close to the Skyliner correct? This will be our first time staying here (since I was a kid) and had major hesitation about booking this based on the negative bus reviews. Since the skyliner is projected to be open when we are there, I figured we would give this a try. We typically stay at BLT and I absolutely love it there, but didn't want to shell out the $$$ since we are going for 8 days this time.

I have a standard room booked for a week in July under free dining followed by one night room only with the sun and fun discount, also standard. I would like to request a room in a good location, but above all else, I'm really hoping to keep the same room and not have to move for one night. Am I better off noting that this is a continuous reservation and requesting to keep the same room as my only request to give myself the best chance of not having to move? Or will I also be o.k. requesting a certain location too? Thanks!

If you want the best chance of not having to switch rooms, then note they are continuing stay and request to stay in the same room. You can always add a location as a secondary request as it can't hurt.

Please excuse this stupid question...we booked the Caribbean Resort for our upcoming November trip and booked a preferred room. The preferred rooms will be close to the Skyliner correct?

No. The Preferred rooms are close to the Main Feature pool and Old Port Royale.

This will be our first time staying here (since I was a kid) and had major hesitation about booking this based on the negative bus reviews. Since the skyliner is projected to be open when we are there, I figured we would give this a try. We typically stay at BLT and I absolutely love it there, but didn't want to shell out the $$$ since we are going for 8 days this time.

We have over 65 nights at CBR and have had very good bus service. No worse than any other WDW resort. Depending on which park you're going to will depend on which Skyliner Station you'll use. If going to Epcot your best bet will be to head to the Riviera Resort Station. The Riviera Station will be a 4-6 minute walk depending on if you're in Trinidad or Martinique. If going to Hollywood Studios your best bet is to head to the CBR Station. The CBR Station will be a 6-8 minute walk depending on if you're in Trinidad or Martinique.

No. The Preferred rooms are close to the Main Feature pool and Old Port Royale.

We have over 65 nights at CBR and have had very good bus service. No worse than any other WDW resort. Depending on which park you're going to will depend on which Skyliner Station you'll use. If going to Epcot your best bet will be to head to the Riviera Resort Station. The Riviera Station will be a 4-6 minute walk depending on if you're in Trinidad or Martinique. If going to Hollywood Studios your best bet is to head to the CBR Station. The CBR Station will be a 6-8 minute walk depending on if you're in Trinidad or Martinique.
Thank you that info is very helpful!! We requested either bldg. 31 or 32 in Barbados, as I thought the skyliner was located in a completely different place...ugh!

I saw on the facebook group that upon arrival someone was informed that the hotel was overbooked (130%) and they had to switch resorts. Initially they tried to put them in an Art of Animation Suite but eventually they got put into the Contemporary. This worries me a bit because I have activities booked at the resort. How common is this?

The Riviera skyliner station is west of the Riviera? The CBR station is west of Jamaica village and "across" from OPR?
Its confusing because I've seen maps where Barbados was kind of where the Riviera is now and Now Barbados is between Trinidad and OPR? I think I'm all messed up!

The Riviera skyliner station is west of the Riviera? The CBR station is west of Jamaica village and "across" from OPR?
Its confusing because I've seen maps where Barbados was kind of where the Riviera is now and Now Barbados is between Trinidad and OPR? I think I'm all messed up!
The village that was knocked down to build Riviera was called Barbados.
Once that was gone they renamed Trinidad North as Barbados and also renamed Trinidad South to just Trinidad.
The CBR skyliner station is more across the lake from Trinidad.

I saw on the facebook group that upon arrival someone was informed that the hotel was overbooked (130%) and they had to switch resorts. Initially they tried to put them in an Art of Animation Suite but eventually they got put into the Contemporary. This worries me a bit because I have activities booked at the resort. How common is this?

It's rare, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks oj01! So I guess Trinidad, which was Trinidad South, is pirate rooms now.
And Barbados is Preferred. See, I'll catch on!

Thanks, dansdad. I didn't know Barbados and Martinique have king and water view also. That is what our reservation is for...pool/water view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter