Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

anyone know if the Touring Plans Room request for CBR let’s you request a village? I know that village would have to have the room for we reserved. But I wasn’t sure if they let you write a comment suggesting an actual village and reason for such a request.

anyone know if the Touring Plans Room request for CBR let’s you request a village? I know that village would have to have the room for we reserved. But I wasn’t sure if they let you write a comment suggesting an actual village and reason for such a request.
Yes,you can write anything you want in the comments.

You pick the room type and on the map you pick the island for an exact room that is entered on the request.

Feedback here is that TP is not accurate with room types. The distance to Old Port Royale definitely has not been updated.

If you have the paid version of TP then you can actually input your room type and pick the room you want. Of course, it will be rare that you get the exact room but in the email it'll indicate the direction the room is facing (eg, river view, NW facing room, etc). I've always gotten very close to my room requests and last December when requesting a specific building at the Poly I got an even better room (and I didn't know I would have liked it better than my original choice).

Thinking of booking a preferred room at CBR. Are there King rooms in the preferred sections? The website seems to show preferred room options OR king room options.

Thinking of booking a preferred room at CBR. Are there King rooms in the preferred sections? The website seems to show preferred room options OR king room options.

Every building, except the Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are, have King rooms. Sections/buildings are not categorized as Preferred, only rooms are. In Martinique and Barbados there are Preferred, King and Water View rooms. In Jamaica and Aruba there are Standard, King and Water View rooms.

Every building, except the Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are, have King rooms. Sections/buildings are not categorized as Preferred, only rooms are. In Martinique and Barbados there are Preferred, King and Water View rooms. In Jamaica and Aruba there are Standard, King and Water View rooms.
Thanks for the clarification! How do I request a specific section, like Martinique?

Thanks for the clarification! How do I request a specific section, like Martinique?

Call the Main Reservation line and have a request added to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I stayed here over the weekend for a quick spring break trick. I had booked a water/pool view, and in MDE I *thought* I had a choice of Martinque or Trinidad, with picking Martinque. (This I could be wrong on, as I really can't remember) I was assigned Aruba. Aruba and Jamaica are a complete mess. The construction to accomodate the evacuation gondolas, or whatever is going on, is BAD. Usually Disney is pretty good at covering up the construction, but this was many, many feet of chain link fence, small back hoe diggers and other cool things if you're a 4 year old boy, plywood on the ground to create walkways (inside the construction area, not where guests would walk), and tubing that I assumed was the sprinkler system to be replaced.

This was our first time here and we don't need to return. The rest of the resort was fine. Kids loved the pool and the splash pad, which wasn't open Friday, but was Saturday. We didn't try any of the dining. The room, while small like a lot of disney rooms, was very clean and beds were comfy.

I stayed here over the weekend for a quick spring break trick. I had booked a water/pool view, and in MDE I *thought* I had a choice of Martinque or Trinidad, with picking Martinque. (This I could be wrong on, as I really can't remember) I was assigned Aruba. Aruba and Jamaica are a complete mess. The construction to accomodate the evacuation gondolas, or whatever is going on, is BAD. Usually Disney is pretty good at covering up the construction, but this was many, many feet of chain link fence, small back hoe diggers and other cool things if you're a 4 year old boy, plywood on the ground to create walkways (inside the construction area, not where guests would walk), and tubing that I assumed was the sprinkler system to be replaced.

This was our first time here and we don't need to return. The rest of the resort was fine. Kids loved the pool and the splash pad, which wasn't open Friday, but was Saturday. We didn't try any of the dining. The room, while small like a lot of disney rooms, was very clean and beds were comfy.

One thing -- in MDE, the current room request dropdown thing just lists "Martinique" or "Corner Room" -- this is something I'd consider as being broken for a long time now, as even if you are booked in a Standard room, you could still select Martinique in there even though that's a Preferred booking. And of course requests are just that -- requests and no guarantees. I think it's a mistake that Disney leaves that broken dropdown on MDE because I think it really confuses a lot of people and also makes no sense depending on what kind of room you booked.

Secondly -- sorry to hear the construction is still crappy. I have been reading a lot of "Loved it!" and "Hated it!" reviews lately with very little middle ground in between, and I think one can easily be swayed one way or another simply by where their room is. We were there last month and got 'pixie-dusted' to an upgrade in Barbados and it was pretty good. However, I had really booked Standard, and if I had gotten my original request of Jamaica 45, I would have been smack in the middle of construction, plus in the middle of a big cheerleading group. If we were there, would I have enjoyed it as much? Maybe, maybe not... I think when you're in a less than desirable room location, any other hiccups that happen (like our incorrect orders at Centertown all week long) seem worse too because it's a couple things all piling up. We ended up with a great location so it was easier to overlook some of the things we didn't like.

It sounds like if you're in Barbados or Martinique, it's fine. And if you're in Aruba or Jamaica, good luck because it's a huge ugly mess.

We are booked preferred in a few weeks. I'm hoping that it's decent. And I'm also hoping that it's so awful that they close all of Aruba and Jamaica, bump those people over to preferred, and then bump us to a deluxe. I'd be ok with that.

It sounds like if you're in Barbados or Martinique, it's fine. And if you're in Aruba or Jamaica, good luck because it's a huge ugly mess.

We are booked preferred in a few weeks. I'm hoping that it's decent. And I'm also hoping that it's so awful that they close all of Aruba and Jamaica, bump those people over to preferred, and then bump us to a deluxe. I'd be ok with that.

You should be good in Preferred... you're on the same side as OPR and the pool, 1st or 3rd bus stop, and you can't really see a whole ton of the construction. Your second scenario.... probably a slim to none chance, but I'll cross my fingers for you anyway. ;)

I am really surprised they are putting people here. I understood there was construction, but it exceeded anything I imagined. I really thought paying extra for water/pool view would lessen our chances of it. We are very fortunate to be local and try out a lot of resorts. I feel horrific if this was someone's Once Ever Disney trip. All my kids agreed we didn't need to stay there again. (But they did love the splash pad and pool!)

Everyone seems to think this will be finished by our trip in July. If by chance it isn't, I will be raising a huge stink. We have a standard room booked with free dining, so it's not like I can even change resorts since the free dining promotion ended.

I just returned from a 3 night stay. We booked a King room, I then requested Barbados, which is preferred, are we were in Barbados 33. It was a great location. The freestyle machine is in that building, the quiet pool is right there and it was a very nice walk to the OPR. I would not hesitate to request this area again.

Had a 3 night stay 3/14 - 3/17. 1st time at the resort. We have previously stayed, Dolphin, AKL, POR, POFQ and Poly. We really enjoyed our stay at CBR. We booked a king room and requested Barbados. We were in Barbados 33. Excellent location, super quiet. Right next to the quiet pool, Coke Freestyle Machine in Building 33 and the bus stop was directly behind our building. The app worked great for the buses, we would check it in the room and walk down a few minutes before it arrived. Walk to OPR was really nice along the lake but we were far enough that we never heard construction or loud music, games from the main pool. I did walk around by Jamaica and Aruba and while I did not see anyone working and therefore their was not any noise it was pretty unsightly with ground dug up and the chain link fencing. Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter