Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yeah, it's not pretty. I'm glad that they're taking care of whatever needs to be done. It just would have been better if it wasn't after all the other construction was finished. At least the main areas are in good shape?
I’m guessing that the foundations for the gondola poles needed to settle before they did this reinforcing work.

Otherwise they would have done it at the same time. Supposivley this work was planned, not unexpected.

I’m guessing that the foundations for the gondola poles needed to settle before they did this reinforcing work.

Otherwise they would have done it at the same time. Supposivley this work was planned, not unexpected.

I can understand the reinforcing work for the gondola poles. From the video that I watched yesterday it doesn't seem like it's all related to the gondola poles though. I may be wrong. It may be a combination of the gondola work and sprinkler systems/something else? Maybe it all ties together somehow. I don't mean to come off as angry about it. Stuff's gotta get done sometime. It's just a mess to have after advertising that CBR is all spruced up and ready.

I can understand the reinforcing work for the gondola poles. From the video that I watched yesterday it doesn't seem like it's all related to the gondola poles though. I may be wrong. It may be a combination of the gondola work and sprinkler systems/something else? Maybe it all ties together somehow. I don't mean to come off as angry about it. Stuff's gotta get done sometime. It's just a mess to have after advertising that CBR is all spruced up and ready.
I read that the work is reinforcement so emergency resecue vehicles can perform evacuations. So, pathways from the road to underneath the gondolas all need reinforcement.

I can't imagine this was planned. From my understanding, they're tearing up new laid sod and making changes AFTER completing the renos. I'm not certain how this would relate to the gondola poles settling?

But, yes, it's to reinforce the ground in case emergency evacuations are required.

Paradise slammed two fold. Gondola view also took precedence of that no longer private quiet pool. The folks with vision must no longer be employed by Disney.

To answer my own question...I found a video from Passport to the Parks that was streamed yesterday. Still tons of construction fencing and dug up areas in the Aruba and Jamaica sections.
Got back from 10 days at Jamaica 42. Hated CBR. I can confirm that the skyliner station is nice and close. You can even hear the back up beapers from construction trucks from 9 pm to 4 am. I am sure the rooms in 41 have daylight 24 hours a day from all the lighting at the station. Construction and fencing all around Jamaica. While some of it is near the gondola pillars some of it is nowhere near the pillars and is clearly underground sprinkler work. When I booked, there was no warning about construction. Everything was supposed to be done. Hated the centertown market. Food is cafeteria like. Nothing special. My first meal they had 1 out of 2 meals messed up and had to wait another 20 mins on top of the first 20 mins to fix. The lady beside me had 4 out of 4 meals wrong. No meals look as good as the photos. Fly in my blender drink. You couldn't pay me to stay there again. Will stick with my POR. My apologies to those who like the place but it is not for my family.

Finishing up our first stay at CB, five nights at building 25 in Martinique. Our previous resort experiences include Beach Club (3 times) POR, and AKL. we don’t have much of a comparison point as far as moderate’s go, but our experience far exceeded our expectations in so many ways...

Cons
  • Quick service pizza was subpar
  • Riviera construction takes away from theme
  • Ice wasn’t working at freestyle machine in building 25
  • Called in with 2 room requests about 5 days prior, and when checking in they had no record of any room request
Pros
  • GREAT location with preferred room option
  • Plenty of drink stations for refillable mug, including freestyle in building and one “normal” drink station poolside
  • 90 second walk to OPR and main pool
  • No construction in area immediately around our building
  • Very friendly cast members
  • Factoring out Riviera, the resort theme was well done
  • Felt more relaxing than POR
  • Martinique bus stop was first to pick up (no crowded bus) and first to drop off from theme parks
  • Short bus ride to DHS
  • Plenty of parking for those who have car at resort
  • Refurbished rooms were well done
We really enjoyed our stay and the resort exceeded our expectations in almost every way. From others comments, I feel like we benefitted from the building that we stayed in, so I might suggest spending a few extra dollars a night and splurging on the preferred rooms. In summary, easily enjoyed this stay more than POR, and we felt like CB was BC “light”, and would go as far to say that this resort, assuming room discount, was the best value of any resort that we have stayed at up to this point. AKL is still our favorite, but CB is right up there! We are looking forward to staying there again!

Thank you Zach Smith. Upcoming trip will be our first at Caribbean. I’m all in, water view. I really appreciate your review. Keeping my expectations realistic.

We really enjoyed our stay and the resort exceeded our expectations in almost every way. From others comments, I feel like we benefitted from the building that we stayed in, so I might suggest spending a few extra dollars a night and splurging on the preferred rooms. In summary, easily enjoyed this stay more than POR, and we felt like CB was BC “light”, and would go as far to say that this resort, assuming room discount, was the best value of any resort that we have stayed at up to this point. AKL is still our favorite, but CB is right up there! We are looking forward to staying there again!
We are booked for a 4 night stay in May....and I requested the same building via TP. We've always gotten the same spots we've requested and at the GF last year we got the exact room! We've only stayed at CBR once and then we were in standard at Jamaica, I believe. It was a great location if the bridge was open but unfortunately for us, it was closed our entire trip.....but even then it was ok as we just walked all the way around the lake to get to OPR (I think we only did this a few times). I know it isn't possible to walk around the lake at this time but hopefully the construction will be done sooner than later. It really is a beautiful and relaxing resort.

Got back from 10 days at Jamaica 42. Hated CBR. I can confirm that the skyliner station is nice and close. You can even hear the back up beapers from construction trucks from 9 pm to 4 am. I am sure the rooms in 41 have daylight 24 hours a day from all the lighting at the station. Construction and fencing all around Jamaica. While some of it is near the gondola pillars some of it is nowhere near the pillars and is clearly underground sprinkler work. When I booked, there was no warning about construction. Everything was supposed to be done. Hated the centertown market. Food is cafeteria like. Nothing special. My first meal they had 1 out of 2 meals messed up and had to wait another 20 mins on top of the first 20 mins to fix. The lady beside me had 4 out of 4 meals wrong. No meals look as good as the photos. Fly in my blender drink. You couldn't pay me to stay there again. Will stick with my POR. My apologies to those who like the place but it is not for my family.

Wow...sorry it went so badly for you. That sounds like a rough experience all around. :worried:

Wow...sorry it went so badly for you. That sounds like a rough experience all around. :worried:

I agree. WDW should close portions of a resort while they refurb in sections or have construction. Booking 10-12 months in advance or closer, resort guests should not be expected to pay the same for subpar Disney experiences. Why would Disney decide to rip up all the grounds to replace or implace pipes and expect resort guest to have less than a magical experience? The live videos show fencing on both sides of walkways for most of two island areas- with nobody doing any work- for weeks. It is poor customer service, IMO.

I agree. WDW should close portions of a resort while they refurb in sections or have construction. Booking 10-12 months in advance or closer, resort guests should not be expected to pay the same for subpar Disney experiences. Why would Disney decide to rip up all the grounds to replace or implace pipes and expect resort guest to have less than a magical experience? The live videos show fencing on both sides of walkways for most of two island areas- with nobody doing any work- for weeks. It is poor customer service, IMO.
I have no inside info to know if this is true but I've seen it mentioned here that the work being done now was unplanned. Either way, Disney should at the very least offer gift cards to guests for their inconvenience. (Like they did when all the Port Royale construction began.) And if there was room, offered to move guests to other upgraded sections of the resort that didn't have the construction (like the preferred areas) or moved guests to entirely new resorts at no charge. It's one thing when you go into it knowing you will be dealing with construction but these people did not know.

Last edited:
Prior to the resort renovation, my DH and I heard live music near the bar in the evening. Does that still occur? I don't see anything about live music on the monthly activities schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!