Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just made reservations for August 2019.

Any idea what villages will have the Standard View - 5th Sleeper rooms or are they just spread out through the resort?

Every building in Jamaica and Aruba have some Standard View 5th Sleeper rooms.

You made an excellent choice. If you're reading those reviews off of Trip Advisor, they are terrible for every WDW resort. CBR is our favorite Moderate and 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW. It's beautiful.
Does anyone know why the TripAdvisor reviews are so horrible, for all resorts that is?

Has anyone eaten at the SpyGlass Grill and have pictures and food suggestions? I was looking at the menu and there looks like a lot of yummy food. Wondering if it was as good as it sounds?

Thanks!

I had seen the disneyfood blog one but not the disney tourist blog! Interestingly one hated the Guava French Toast and the other loved it! But I have my eye on the yuca hash and the picture looks pretty good. I am going to have to try it!
Yes, it's always hard to know if a person has the same taste as we do, so it's best to try it for ourselves! What fun! :) Enjoy!!

Yes. The bookable 5th sleeper category is for parties that want a 3rd sleeping surface to make sure they get one. If you have 5 in your party over the age of 3 you will automatically receive a room with the Murphy bed.

I have the opposite problem. I booked a Standard-5th Sleeper room and don’t actually need it. However, it’s what was available when I booked the Sun & Fun discount. I’d gladly give it up at check in so someone who needs it gets it. I just don’t know if they’ll allow it.

Interesting Sebastian's news.:)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/breaking-sebastians-bistro-ending-lunch-service-january-27th/

If you’re looking to have lunch at the recently-refurbished Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort… you should hurry.

WDW News Today has learned that the restaurant will end its lunchtime service on Sunday, January 27th. Prior to that date, lunch will be served from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Guests looking for lunch at Caribbean Beach will still be able to find it at Spyglass Grill and Centertown Market starting at 11:30 AM, and at the Banana Cabana pool bar starting at 12:00 PM.

Starting on the 27th, Sebastian’s Bistro will open for dinner starting at 5:00 PM.

Interesting Sebastian's news.:)

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/breaking-sebastians-bistro-ending-lunch-service-january-27th/

If you’re looking to have lunch at the recently-refurbished Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort… you should hurry.

WDW News Today has learned that the restaurant will end its lunchtime service on Sunday, January 27th. Prior to that date, lunch will be served from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Guests looking for lunch at Caribbean Beach will still be able to find it at Spyglass Grill and Centertown Market starting at 11:30 AM, and at the Banana Cabana pool bar starting at 12:00 PM.

Starting on the 27th, Sebastian’s Bistro will open for dinner starting at 5:00 PM.

Makes sense for the slower seasons until the Skyliner is open. Not much demand for a sit down lunch when the OPR quick service is sorted out now and being well used during that time.

Spyglass is great for any meal with creative and fresh dishes that remind me of something you get at Epcot Festivals, but larger and actually hot from being cooked recently. I had lunch at Spyglass 4 of 6 lunches and 1 breakfast.

I didn't pay attention to Sebastian's dinner hours, are they doing that earlier with that change?

Edit: I would guess there was a gap for transition on the menu like most anywhere else in Disney propetty. Probably an increase to the quality of the dinner menu that already has good reviews?

Last edited:
Originally booked Pop but because of the discounts we booked April 27th - May 4th at CBR (we're excited, only have stayed at values before). Anyway the discounts were on a preferred room w/ pull down bed. So it looks like Martinique or Barbados, Can anyone give us advise on room requests. We are a family of 4, renting a car for the majority of the trip but we will still use buses sometimes. We are thinking 2nd floor. Are there any advantages for corner rooms. We aren't real picky, but just looking for thoughts or ideas. thanks...

Originally booked Pop but because of the discounts we booked April 27th - May 4th at CBR (we're excited, only have stayed at values before). Anyway the discounts were on a preferred room w/ pull down bed. So it looks like Martinique or Barbados, Can anyone give us advise on room requests. We are a family of 4, renting a car for the majority of the trip but we will still use buses sometimes. We are thinking 2nd floor. Are there any advantages for corner rooms. We aren't real picky, but just looking for thoughts or ideas. thanks...

We like corner rooms because they have 2 windows instead of one which brings in more light and makes the room feel even bigger with the curtains open. Other than that not much difference in location for a Preferred room.

i'm thinking of requesting corner room, Martinique - but afraid they won't know it is even a legit request since it is all you can request online :rotfl:

I wish that touring plan locator worked better, I would love to know where the corner room, pull down 5th beds with a water view are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter