Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I booked a Preferred Room at CBR for three days in the second full week of February, just prior to President's Day Weekend. We arrive late in the evening on Day 1, spend all day at Animal Kingdom on Day 2, and all day at Magic Kingdom on Day 3. If the weather is warm enough, we might venture to the pool a bit on Day 4 before checking out. We'd like to use the bus system to arrive at the parks at least 30 minutes early for rope drop.

Two questions:
1. Because we specific 2 adults and 3 kids, are we automatically slotted for a murphey bed room or should I specially request?
2. Based on our plans, I really just want a room with the best bus access to and from the parks for rope drop. Is there any section of CBR that's better in that regard?
1. As long as all 3 kids are 3 or over you'll get a Murphy Bed automatically.
2. Martinique is first bus stop, both for leaving CBR and returning from parks.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are our favorite locations. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the Main Feature pool.

I'm looking at those buildings in TouringPlans.com! I have a standard room booked in August and want to be able to access a quiet pool and the main pool fairly easily. But also, I want to fill my mug with coffee as quickly as possible in the morning :) Dansdad, do you have tips for getting coffee from Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 besides the in-room Cuisinart?

I'd also appreciate a run-down on buses from there. Better to walk to OPR?

Thank you,
Melissa

I'm looking at those buildings in TouringPlans.com! I have a standard room booked in August and want to be able to access a quiet pool and the main pool fairly easily. But also, I want to fill my mug with coffee as quickly as possible in the morning :) Dansdad, do you have tips for getting coffee from Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 besides the in-room Cuisinart?

Either a quick stroll over to the food court at OPR or the Island Market in Jamaica room 4308.

I'd also appreciate a run-down on buses from there. Better to walk to OPR?

Thank you,
Melissa

Definitely not better to walk to OPR just to grab a bus. Unless you're already there after having breakfast at OPR. The Jamaica or Aruba bus stops are great and very close. When they are running 2 buses for each destination during the busy parts of the day, Jamaica is the 1st pickup and Aruba is 2nd.

Last edited:
If I’m trying to arrive at the park early, is it best to walk over to an earlier stop just to make sure we get on the first bus? Any concern the first bus of the day will be full by the time it gets to Martinique? Be there in February the week prior to Pres Day weekend.

If I’m trying to arrive at the park early, is it best to walk over to an earlier stop just to make sure we get on the first bus?

In our experience, no.

Any concern the first bus of the day will be full by the time it gets to Martinique?

No. First buses of the day show up around 6:40AM. There are not many guests leaving that early. With over 60 nights total at CBR, never been on a bus that's more than 30% full that early.

Wow. Had no idea the busses started that early. I was thinking more along the lines of a 7:30 bus or thereabouts. I figure getting to the park an hour before open is as far as I can stretch rope drop with the kids.

Wow. Had no idea the busses started that early. I was thinking more along the lines of a 7:30 bus or thereabouts. I figure getting to the park an hour before open is as far as I can stretch rope drop with the kids.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless a park has an EMH of 7:00AM, then they start rolling at 6:00AM.

Has anyone had any problem with grocery delivery because of the address change from 900 Cayman Way to 1114 Cayman Way? The Walmart App doesn't recognize 1114.

Amazon doesn't recognize it either. Just placed my order for arrival on the 11th, if I see it delivered, I'll update here.

Is the bus pick up/drop off order?
Martinique - Old Port Royal - Barbados - Trinidad - Jamaica - Aruba

16 days and counting!

:jumping1:

Is the bus pick up/drop off order?
Martinique - Old Port Royal - Barbados - Trinidad - Jamaica - Aruba

16 days and counting!

:jumping1:

When they only run 1 bus per park during the slower parts of the day, yes. When they run 2 per park during the busier parts of the day, one bus goes Martinique, OPR, Barbados and Trinidad. The other goes Jamaica then Aruba.

I last stayed at CBR exactly 2 years ago so before all this crazy construction started. I've been keeping up a little bit, but slightly confused as to what the current situation is reading through all the messages and looking at pics. Looking to book something for the end of January that will be a couple's trip for just the two of us. I've been mostly staying at Pop lately for trips with the kids, and love the new rooms, but would ideally prefer the serene feel of CBR for this trip.

So here are my questions:

1. What is the current situation like with construction? Are there buildings or villages I should avoid still? I did read that OPR has reopened so that's great. Just not sure if there is any disruption in any other areas as we'd like a nice quiet room.

2. I noticed King Beds are a bookable category and right now it's the cheapest for our dates using the AP discount. Are King beds only in non-preferred areas? I didn't notice a King Preferred Room when I was looking.

3. I know people love to rip on CBR buses, but we never had a problem in the past. I keep reading reports of people being in Aruba and as it's the last stop the buses keep passing by full so they wait forever. Is this just the normal fluke level of bad bus service or has it actually gone downhill with the changes?

Thanks so much for all your help!! I'm so excited to have a chance to get back there again!

I last stayed at CBR exactly 2 years ago so before all this crazy construction started. I've been keeping up a little bit, but slightly confused as to what the current situation is reading through all the messages and looking at pics. Looking to book something for the end of January that will be a couple's trip for just the two of us. I've been mostly staying at Pop lately for trips with the kids, and love the new rooms, but would ideally prefer the serene feel of CBR for this trip.

1. What is the current situation like with construction? Are there buildings or villages I should avoid still? I did read that OPR has reopened so that's great. Just not sure if there is any disruption in any other areas as we'd like a nice quiet room.

2. I noticed King Beds are a bookable category and right now it's the cheapest for our dates using the AP discount. Are King beds only in non-preferred areas? I didn't notice a King Preferred Room when I was looking.

3. I know people love to rip on CBR buses, but we never had a problem in the past. I keep reading reports of people being in Aruba and as it's the last stop the buses keep passing by full so they wait forever. Is this just the normal fluke level of bad bus service or has it actually gone downhill with the changes?

Thanks so much for all your help!! I'm so excited to have a chance to get back there again!

1. All CBR construction is complete. They are sill working on the Riviera Resort, Riviera Resort Gondola Station and the CBR Gondola station. The following are all good locations to not be disturbed by any of the possible construction noise:

Jamaica 44, 45 and 46
Aruba 51, 52 and 53
Martinique 25 and 26
All of Barbados

2. There are King Beds available in every building except the buildings of Trinidad as they are all Pirate Themed rooms and there are no Kings there.

3. From our recent trip and from a bunch of friends we know who recently returned, there were no issues. During peak times when they send 2 buses per destination Jamaica and Aruba had their own bus. During non peak times full buses were not an issue. We stayed in Jamaica and never passed by Aruba without picking every guest up that wanted to go where we were headed.

Have fun!! I’m so excited already and I’m still waiting till April

I have a question I booked a preferred room and we gave a party of 5.. me and 4 kiddos all over three.. do they automatically give us a pull down bed? Or do I have to request ? I thought I read those Ned’s aren’t avail in preferred?

Thanks everybody!!

QUOTE="Dis703, post: 60020362, member: 296986"]I last stayed at CBR exactly 2 years ago so before all this crazy construction started. I've been keeping up a little bit, but slightly confused as to what the current situation is reading through all the messages and looking at pics. Looking to book something for the end of January that will be a couple's trip for just the two of us. I've been mostly staying at Pop lately for trips with the kids, and love the new rooms, but would ideally prefer the serene feel of CBR for this trip.

Thanks so much for all your help!! I'm so excited to have a chance to get back there again![/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!