Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you for all the wonderful info on this thread. I recently planned a trip for my 73 YO mother and me the last week in November (I'm an obsessive planner so only having a month to plan is a little stressful but even a quickly planned trip to Disney is better than none at all :tigger:). We booked a Pirate room but I'm worried about how much walking my mom will need to do. I realize that walking is a big part of a WDW vacation, but I'd like to minimize that for her as much as possible. I'm a Disney veteran but last stayed at the CB 10 years ago.

Are there internal buses that will take us to OPR so we don't have to walk so much? What do you think the chances are that we could be moved to a different location? I realize that nothing is guaranteed. Would it pay to contact Disney directly with my concerns and, if so, any suggestions who best to contact? I want to make this trip as enjoyable for her as possible.

Any advice/tips you could provide would be wonderful. TIA
I just got back yesterday and we used the bus for our 10 day stay. I feel that the internal bus ran every 15 to 20 minutes. Certainly we saw one quite frequently while we were waiting for the parks busses. We stayed in Jamaica so I can't speak about where you'll be.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is any hint whether the Island Markets will remain now that the rest of the construction nears completion? We found them extremely convenient! Also, the Coke Freestyle machines - there to stay?!?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is any hint whether the Island Markets will remain now that the rest of the construction nears completion? We found them extremely convenient! Also, the Coke Freestyle machines - there to stay?!?

Thanks
The cast member in the Aruba market told me last weekend that the two remaining Island Markets would be closing at some "tentative" future date. I think she meant a different word than "tentative." While there's not much to these markets, they do play a role, especially so long as Centertown does not do lunch. My guess is that lunch will open at Centertown and the Island markets will close after that.

Is this a nicer place to stay than PORS for our Oct 2019 visit?
My family definitely prefers CBR over PORS. We had 3 adults and a child when we stayed at PORS and some of us have asthma. We all found that the air seemed heavier and needed our inhalers more often there. We never had a problem at any other resort. Maybe some of the plants set off our allergies. I also experienced the only insect bites I have ever had in 10+ visits to WDW. Every time we went to the bus stop I would be literally attacked by something that really found my ankles to be very tasty! The bites itched for several weeks afterwards. CBR is our favorite moderate resort, we will have a group of 5 staying there in March.

Will an ecv fit in a pirate room? That was the only room I could grab to get free dining months ago but I now need to rent a scooter.

I just got back yesterday and we used the bus for our 10 day stay. I feel that the internal bus ran every 15 to 20 minutes. Certainly we saw one quite frequently while we were waiting for the parks busses. We stayed in Jamaica so I can't speak about where you'll be.

That's good to know. I'm really looking forward to next week's trip. Thank you!

I'm at my 180 day mark for our May 2019 trip and haven't booked our room for CBR yet (only booked our 2 day stay after CBR as our very first DVC owners stay)! So basically I'm having to book our ADRs one day at a time. My puzzlement is regarding Sebastian's. I figured we'd have a leisurely first evening at CBR and eat at Sebastian's but at 180 days there doesn't appear to be any ADRs available. So this morning I got online to try to book Sebastian's for our second day at CBR......and no availability that day either (it happens to be a friday and a saturday night). Do you think something is going on? Are they really just booked up because it's the weekend?

I'm at my 180 day mark for our May 2019 trip and haven't booked our room for CBR yet (only booked our 2 day stay after CBR as our very first DVC owners stay)! So basically I'm having to book our ADRs one day at a time. My puzzlement is regarding Sebastian's. I figured we'd have a leisurely first evening at CBR and eat at Sebastian's but at 180 days there doesn't appear to be any ADRs available. So this morning I got online to try to book Sebastian's for our second day at CBR......and no availability that day either (it happens to be a friday and a saturday night). Do you think something is going on? Are they really just booked up because it's the weekend?

Have you tried calling? My parents were having the same issue with online ADR availability for their April stay. They called and found tons of availability.

Have you tried calling? My parents were having the same issue with online ADR availability for their April stay. They called and found tons of availability.
I will do just that if i'm unable to get an ADR when i try tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion!

It looks like the ADRs are only in the system through December 5; there's nothing available at all after that date (at least not online).

Were you able to call to get an ADR?

Either way, I wouldn't worry. As of now, I could get a table for this evening (15 minutes from now) and for 6:00 dinner everyday this week. I would be very surprised if they didn't take walk ups, most nights at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter