Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I don't think I'll shock anyone by confessing I'm not a huge fan of the Disney buses. I've also heard that the gondolas aren't going to be air conditioned because it will only be a 5 or 10 minute ride.
My point is, can you imagine being at the CBR, then hopping on a gondola and arriving at Epcot or HS in as little at ten minutes? Man, that is so awesome! I'm really excited about this .... :)

When's it going to be done? When's it going to be done? I'm ready to book NOW, hehe :)

Who knows? You can do what I did when I booked our Jan trip last July, not knowing for sure if the construction at CBR would be done...just go ahead trust your inner Zen and book it anyway. Lol. I realize that not everyone is comfortable doing that.:)

Posted this to the full resorts board and got no reply, so I'm hoping you all can help me!

Planning our 3rd trip to WDW. First two trips were at Popand AOA, currently booked at CBR for the 2019 trip. I've got some concerns about CBR, would love opinions!

Both Pop and AOA are very compact and walkable. We cross the bridge and visit the other resort easily, and like having the option of both dining locations. We eat very plain, and DS has food allergies, so our staples are basics like chicken, turkey, pizza, pasta, sandwiches.

We're booked preferred at CBR, although I'm not sure how preferable that will be when we want to ride the Skyliner next fall. The thought of both internal and external buses is awful. The pools and playgrounds are a nice plus, but not sure how much we'll use the pools in December (we only go in if it's 80 or hotter).

My biggest concerns are: what's the QS situation like at CBR? How are the options, and what are the lines like? How does it compare with AOA or Pop? I'm strongly considering switching to AOA, but want to be open to the idea of moderate!

Both Pop and AOA are very compact and walkable.

Definitely the first time Ive ever heard of any of the values described as compact and walkable :) .

Ive never stayed at a value so my info is all anecdotal, but CBR seems to be getting really bad QSR reviews post refurb. AoA is often considered to the be the best QSR of ANY resort.

Pool wise like you said its December. Even if it is ever over 80, any of the three resorts you've chosen has a great pool. Big Blue is often ranked right behind Storm-a-long bay as the best pool on property.

So that leaves the question are you looking to spend the higher costs for a family suite or trying to get a Little Mermaid room? Based on what you described, Id vote POP. Recently refreshed room, can use the AoA or POP QS restaurants, and better price than AoA suites. POPs pools seem kind of boring, but if its warm enough they're wet and thats all kids really need in my experience :)

Edit: - sorry I read CSR not CBR. Scratch my comment about the bad QSR there.

Last edited:
Posted this to the full resorts board and got no reply, so I'm hoping you all can help me!

Planning our 3rd trip to WDW. First two trips were at Popand AOA, currently booked at CBR for the 2019 trip. I've got some concerns about CBR, would love opinions!

Both Pop and AOA are very compact and walkable. We cross the bridge and visit the other resort easily, and like having the option of both dining locations. We eat very plain, and DS has food allergies, so our staples are basics like chicken, turkey, pizza, pasta, sandwiches.

We're booked preferred at CBR, although I'm not sure how preferable that will be when we want to ride the Skyliner next fall. The thought of both internal and external buses is awful. The pools and playgrounds are a nice plus, but not sure how much we'll use the pools in December (we only go in if it's 80 or hotter).

My biggest concerns are: what's the QS situation like at CBR? How are the options, and what are the lines like? How does it compare with AOA or Pop? I'm strongly considering switching to AOA, but want to be open to the idea of moderate!

If you had no problem walking to and from Pop to AoA, then you should have no problems with the walking/size of Caribean Beach. This comes from someone who has stayed at all three of the resorts you mentioned.

As far as the QS situation at CBR, since the refurb, you are somewhat limited as far as lunch is concerned. There are still markets as notated on the map and Spyglass which is in the village of Trinidad. Sebastian's Bistro served lunch as well. The resort pizza delivery is an option for you. At dinner time, all of the various food stations should be open. Disney knows that some folks are picky eaters (we have some in our group) so there's usually something on every menu that will appeal to them.

I don't think I'll shock anyone by confessing I'm not a huge fan of the Disney buses. I've also heard that the gondolas aren't going to be air conditioned because it will only be a 5 or 10 minute ride.
My point is, can you imagine being at the CBR, then hopping on a gondola and arriving at Epcot or HS in as little at ten minutes? Man, that is so awesome! I'm really excited about this .... :)
It's so cool to think about!

Definitely the first time Ive ever heard of any of the values described as compact and walkable :) .
Lol, I guess it's all perspective! I've never been to CBR, but people talk about what a spread out resort it is and how much walking there can be. I found it pleasurable to wander about both Pop and AOA and take pictures with all the statues. I also very much enjoy the theming at AOA, both inside and outside of the rooms.

If you had no problem walking to and from Pop to AoA, then you should have no problems with the walking/size of Caribean Beach. This comes from someone who has stayed at all three of the resorts you mentioned.
If CBR is similar in size to AOA, then I guess I don't need to worry on that end.

So that leaves the question are you looking to spend the higher costs for a family suite or trying to get a Little Mermaid room?
We would pay more for a suite if going to AOA. We just got back from Pop, and while I really liked the room I did not like the cafeteria options. I also prefer the pool at AOA over Pop. CBR is the great unknown to me, so it's hard to decide!

As far as the QS situation at CBR, since the refurb, you are somewhat limited as far as lunch is concerned. There are still markets as notated on the map and Spyglass which is in the village of Trinidad. Sebastian's Bistro served lunch as well. The resort pizza delivery is an option for you. At dinner time, all of the various food stations should be open. Disney knows that some folks are picky eaters (we have some in our group) so there's usually something on every menu that will appeal to them.
I'm not familiar with the dining options, aside from Sebastian's and Spyglass. Do the markets service hot food, or more of a convenience store type of menu?

Thanks!

Do the markets service hot food, or more of a convenience store type of menu?

Thanks!
"Convenience Store"-selections are VERY limited,but will do "in a pinch".:)

(One nice positive-the IMs have FREE Coffee and Tea and Hot Chocolate.)

We have stayed at Pop many times, AoA and CBR so if you don't mind the walk from Pop to AoA for dinner than walking CBR won't seem huge to you.

Lol, I guess it's all perspective! I've never been to CBR, but people talk about what a spread out resort it is and how much walking there can be. I found it pleasurable to wander about both Pop and AOA and take pictures with all the statues. I also very much enjoy the theming at AOA, both inside and outside of the rooms.

If CBR is similar in size to AOA, then I guess I don't need to worry on that end.

We would pay more for a suite if going to AOA. We just got back from Pop, and while I really liked the room I did not like the cafeteria options. I also prefer the pool at AOA over Pop. CBR is the great unknown to me, so it's hard to decide!

I'm not familiar with the dining options, aside from Sebastian's and Spyglass. Do the markets service hot food, or more of a convenience store type of menu?

Thanks!
If you don't think you are going to swim I wouldn't bother factoring the pool - if you think you might swim than CBR is a great pool. I honestly like them all but my kids love having a slide at CBR and DH likes relaxing in the hot tub. We went to AoA in January so we only swam a little bit - and that was pushing it.

The theming is nothing like Pop and AoA, it is less in your face Disney (which we also enjoy!) and more relaxed vacation vibe.

I was also concerned about internal buses and our CBR trip and we never used them, the walk was no big deal.

I recommend giving CBR a try honestly, I wasn't sure and kind of waffled on it and now it is DHs favorite.

Any recent reports of times to receive food from OPR food court? Breakfast and dinner.

I hope there have been some improvement. It’s been a few weeks now, hasn’t it?

Any recent reports of times to receive food from OPR food court? Breakfast and dinner.

I hope there have been some improvement. It’s been a few weeks now, hasn’t it?

I haven't seen any updates for any improvement from OPR figuring things out from opening to now. I have 3 days until a 6 day stay at Trinidad and will update during/after Thanksgiving week. I'm curious if there will be anything for the Christmas and Holidays season too.

I haven't seen any updates for any improvement from OPR figuring things out from opening to now. I have 3 days until a 6 day stay at Trinidad and will update during/after Thanksgiving week. I'm curious if there will be anything for the Christmas and Holidays season too.
Enjy your trip! I look forward to reading your reports.

Hi everyone! I'm planning a totally spontaneous last minute trip to Disney for this coming weekend! There are some great last-minute rates at CBR that I'm thinking about taking advantage of. Normally I'd research this to death, but time is tight, so I'm hoping y'all won't mind answering a couple of questions that are probably answered 50 times already in this thread.

What building would you recommend if my number 1 concern is being close to where Uber or Lyft can pick me up? (Is there just one central spot for Uber/Lyft pick-ups, or multiple?) My secondary concern is being close to the lobby/check-in area.

Speaking of the lobby/check-in area, that is in the Old Port Royale/Centertown building, correct?

Finally, I know Riviera is under construction right next door, and the Skyliner is under construction, but otherwise is the construction AT CBR completed?

Thanks so much!
Just got back last night, Ubers are to pick you up at Old Port Royale

Here is the newly released rendering of DRR confirming there will be no "barriers" between DRR and CBR.:)

It shows that the walkway between the DRR Pool and Barefoot Bay will wind on over to Aruba and it will wind on over to Martinique also(not pictured) once again providing a "loop" around Barefoot Bay for Guests to enjoy.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter