Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions Thread-With Refurb Updates! NEW PICS!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mickeystoontown, Nov 5, 2015.

1. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

We've just left Barbados 33 and loved it. Yes, it's the furthest Preferred from Centretown but only about a 3 minute walk. But, it's right next to the Barbados quiet pool, it's right across the road from the Barbados bus stop and the Barbados Coke freestyle machine is in 33.

cassie58, dansdad and iujen94 like this.
  2. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

And from 33 it is not a bad walk up to Spyglass.

DavidHobart and dansdad like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pskorf

pskorf Mouseketeer

Do you have to purchase a refillable mug to use the freestyle machines in the individual villages?

5. rotlex

rotlex Is it summer yet?

Yes.

6. CourtneyKaro

CourtneyKaro Earning My Ears

I hate freestyle coke machines, does centertown alhave a regular fountain pop machine?

7. CTPacky

CTPacky Dis Veteran

They have both types of soda machines in centertown

CourtneyKaro likes this.
  8. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

They have the regular one in the foodcourt and one outside Banana Cabana.

CourtneyKaro likes this.
  9. disneyfreak202

disneyfreak202 Mouseketeer

I just booked a Pirate Water View Room for next Halloween (October 30-November 7). I am assuming all or most of the construction will be done by then? I haven't stayed at CBR since 2003, so I don't know what to expect? Is it worth it for the extra money instead of staying at Pop or All Star Sports? We were originally booked at Pop for this trip, but I just changed it and hope I don't regret the extra money!

10. dis_guy

dis_guy DIS Veteran

Yes, all of the CBR construction is done now. Of course, the Skyliner construction is still ongoing (mostly just the stations now) and also the Riviera Resort construction next door that will be going on for quite some time, as well.

11. CplUseless

CplUseless Earning My Ears

What type of things would have to happen for you to regret it? Maybe we can give you info around that.

I was in the Pirate Rooms last March and booked there again for this Thanksgiving. Unless I was really on a budget, there is no way I could do those 2 values after staying at CBR.

12. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

And another one at Spyglass.:)

13. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

FYI for those who have asked (including myself!). Uber has been dropping me at my building (Barbados 32) all weekend with no problem. I’ve still been walking to OPR for pickups, only because it’s relatively close, and easier than explaining to my driver how to find my building!

ksromack and dansdad like this.
  14. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

I didn't know they had freestyle machines? Are these new and is there a map on where they are located? Does anyone have a picture of one?

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

They were installed about 18 months ago. They are located in Buildings 25,55,52,46,43,33,34,38 by the 1st Floor ice machines and at OPR.

rotlex and maryj11 like this.
  16. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Yes,they are definitely still not on "on the same page"-some CMs are telling Guests Uber can only come to OPR and some CMs are telling Guests Uber can come to the Islands.:)

At any rate,they are currently not stopping Uber from accessing the Islands:).

17. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Thank you!

dansdad likes this.
  18. levon15

levon15 Earning My Ears

For anyone recently there, how has the food situation at OPR going? Getting any better since the initial reopen?

19. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

Guess it's hard to stop them really.
    Ironically, our Bell Services driver at check-out moaned that he couldn't get near OPR for all the Uber/Lyft drivers, said he wished that they still let them go to the islands.

WEDWDW likes this.
  20. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I would like to know too. Now we will have a 4 night stay in May with daughter/boyfriend AND another 5 night stay in Dec 2019 with son/dil/grandbaby!

maryj11 likes this.
  21. disneyfreak202

disneyfreak202 Mouseketeer

I guess I should have been more specific. The people I am traveling with wanted to stay at CBR for the Pirate room. I think the biggest thing is there will be 4 adults (all in our 20s) staying in the room. The values gave me anxiety of having enough room. I have considered changing over to a suite at AoA. I like the ease of the food court and busses at Pop and All Star Sports, having multiple bus stops makes me anxious of taking forever for transit, whereas the values I can see how far back I am in a bus line and know how many busses it will be when I am going to the parks. Do the CBR busses come frequently?